Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Photo Thread

dirtypool40

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new to SS, and I just bought the pics below for this division. While showing it off, I would like to get some clarification on these rules. I see a lot of 3 sided slides, and customization, Will the HP cut up front keep me out of the game?

Honestly, I never thought about an HP cut nor do I recall anyone asking about it as it may relate to SS rules. Good question. I'm guessing the HP cut will fall under:

18. Permitted modifications are those of a cosmetic nature (e.g. custom grip panels, scrimshaw or similar surface

engravings, checkering or serrations etc.), replacement single or ambidextrous thumb safeties, and any open

sights (which may be embedded into the slide).

Specifically, the "cosmetic" part.

Nice piece BTW....

I'd think section 17's bit prohibiting slide lightening would rule out the HP cut as well as the milled trough in the top of the slide in the 1911 pictured above. Otherwise, folks could lighten the heck out of their slides and call it "cosmetic."

Started life as 9mm kimber I owned it for 2 days then installed a new .40 barrel, sti flat trigger, hammer, sear, dis-con, magwell and started having fun. wub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

I love my gun!!!!

Wow can't believe that I made the second post in this thread in 07 and my SS gun has not changed at all!!! 9th overall at the Texas SS championship this weekend with that same gun!!!

I'd think section 17's bit prohibiting slide lightening would rule out the HP cut as well as the milled trough in the top of the slide in the 1911 pictured above. Otherwise, folks could lighten the heck out of their slides and call it "cosmetic."

I think it would be prudent for 818 to send a query to Amidon for an opinion on the HP cut. I think one is as cosmetic as front serrations but that's only my opinion.

I didn't see the trough you mention. Were you referring to 818's pics? I only saw a flat top which is allowed (as are tri-tops) and normal serrations. I've seen an actual trough milled into the top of a slide using a ball end mill on limited guns.

I think it would be prudent for 818 to send a query to Amidon for an opinion on the HP cut. I think one is as cosmetic as front serrations but that's only my opinion.

I didn't see the trough you mention. Were you referring to 818's pics? I only saw a flat top which is allowed (as are tri-tops) and normal serrations. I've seen an actual trough milled into the top of a slide using a ball end mill on limited guns.

Regarding the trough, I was thinking of tpcdvc's pics.

Regarding the trough, I was thinking of tpcdvc's pics.

"Milling of the slide to insert sights, add or remove serrations, such as cocking or flat topping, tri-topping the slide, lower- ing ejection ports, cuts that are minor and cosmetic in nature are permitted. Duplicating features that are on a factory, mass produced slide available to the gen- eral public is permitted. Cuts that are designed to specifically or significantly lighten the slide, such as holes, or slots, are ruled as competitive advantage and prohibited."

The ball cuts or "trough cuts" are only .015 deep and did not even register a difference on my postal scale before and after. I think that would be the very definition of "minor and cosmetic". I guess an ignorant RO could try to bump you to open, but that is an arbitration that I would pay for in a second.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

IMG_1099PB_zps33fc37fc.jpg

What magwell is that? I like the looks of it. And the mag pouches, what are they?

thanks for the appreciation dsa.. the mag pouches are locally made, im from the Philippines BTW..

and the magwell it is weld on from scratch..it used to be bigger but rules dictate a 5mm deep and 35mm wide magwell. i just had it trimmed. i have yet to have it blended. glad you liked it :)

Edited by brongy

• 2 weeks later...

That's a nice pair. Can you give us some more details? I see (what looks like) a Caspian Trik trigger and some other goodies

thank you..both guns have egw sear, disco., sear spring, tungsten guide rod, ti hammer strut and mainspring cap, square firing pin stop.. dk hammer, caspian trik trigger, ed brown hardcore series firing pin, extractor, and ejector, ed brown slide stop, thumb safety, and adjustable rear sight..chip mccormick grip safety, techwell xt ipsc magwell, kart nm barrel.. :cheers:

Meet Son..

Les Baer Ultimate Master

Options:

"1-1/2” groups at 50 yds.” guarantee

Tactical Package

FO Sights

Brushed Chrome Frame

After 4 matches with 1,325 varied rounds fired, no FTF, FTE, FTRB or whatsoever. Boring! :yawn:

DSC_8319.jpg

DSC_8313.jpg

Meet Dad...

A Jim Hoag 6inch

Keeping watch with the son. ^_^

LB-AM-Small%2007.jpg

LB-AM-Small%2009.jpg

Dad and Son together.

LB-AM-Small%2010.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The wife's Spartan. Magnesium on top, Graphite Black on the bottom. We thinned out the front strap, reblended the beaver tail, added slim VZ's, added a Koenig hammer, and did a 2# trigger job. So far, she's happy with it. So happy, she's forgotten the $6k I've dropped on other guns!

post-25458-0-40209900-1381787739_thumb.j