Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Photo Thread

dirtypool40

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in the large metropolis of Ropesville, TX (its near Lubbock).

Yeah, I've seen you at a match or two out by Levelland. (I haven't been around much lately though.)

Weren't you at Gander Mtn for a little while?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's my 1911

ArmesMarc014-1.jpg

ArmesMarc011-1.jpg

It's a Norinco 1911A1 2 tones sport model.

2 tone finish

Ambi extended safety

Extended Slide release

Extended and oversize mag release

3 dot "novak" sights

Front and read "sport" serration

Beavertail grip

Flat mainspring housing

Full leght guide rod

Wilson springs

wilson Mag well

custom grips with hex screws

Trigger and fitting job

• 3 weeks later...

This 1911 blows me away! It's incredible. Could you tell us more about it?

its from limcat custom - its called a j2 as its a co-build from Johnny Lim and Jojo Vidanes. From what I understand - the receivers come from Jojo but the work is done by limcat.

its a caspian recon frame with a full profile slide that johnny does his milling work on - it makes finding a holster to fit it a bit challenging. I bought a holster that would fit a STI edge and it still didnt fit quite right until i took a heat gun to it.

its the two tone isonitqe pqp treatment that johnny does, the grips are milled out on the back so that it can make weight and its a 9mm. it shoots very soft - you can click on the youtube link below to see what it looks like.

I love the barrel on this thing and it shoots really well for me. I was going to get the trigger guard undercut as well but it fits my hand perfectly so i'm hesitant to mess with it. Limcat specific magwell that screws into the mainspring housing.

grip safety is pinned and it has a svi flat trigger on it now and a egw singlesided safety.

had a few hiccups with it initially but the 6 mags it came with landed and I havent had much issue with it unless i'm doing slidelock reloads and dropping the slide with the release - i have to shove it the final 2mm into battery.

anything else you'd like to know?

thanks for the props bart :)

Edited by digby7

This 1911 blows me away! It's incredible. Could you tell us more about it?

its from limcat custom - its called a j2 as its a co-build from Johnny Lim and Jojo Vidanes. From what I understand - the receivers come from Jojo but the work is done by limcat.

its a caspian recon frame with a full profile slide that johnny does his milling work on - it makes finding a holster to fit it a bit challenging. I bought a holster that would fit a STI edge and it still didnt fit quite right until i took a heat gun to it.

its the two tone isonitqe pqp treatment that johnny does, the grips are milled out on the back so that it can make weight and its a 9mm. it shoots very soft - you can click on the youtube link below to see what it looks like.

I love the barrel on this thing and it shoots really well for me. I was going to get the trigger guard undercut as well but it fits my hand perfectly so i'm hesitant to mess with it. Limcat specific magwell that screws into the mainspring housing.

grip safety is pinned and it has a svi flat trigger on it now and a egw singlesided safety.

had a few hiccups with it initially but the 6 mags it came with landed and I havent had much issue with it unless i'm doing slidelock reloads and dropping the slide with the release - i have to shove it the final 2mm into battery.

anything else you'd like to know?

thanks for the props bart :)

Thats a nice pistol. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...