Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Photo Thread

dirtypool40

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're doing it right! I love these Perman 19-20 grips. I posted mine above.

But you have that square trigger guard. I want a square guard really bad. My support hand is begging for it!

Those are not Perman grips. I made the grip panels myself, shaped from 1/4 inch basswood with a handplane, then wrapped in skateboard tape. $5 in materials and a little patience and I love the result. The shape is very similar to my limited guns, and it is very light.

And yes, the square trigger guard is a huge improvement, in my opinion.

Damn. Fooled me with the with the grip tape wraps around in the front!

How was that trigger guard shaped...

Is it a weld job?

Did you do that your self to? Or did someone else do that work?

It started out as a Racemaster frame, so no, not a weld job. The trigger guard started out square before the double undercut.

I helped design the gun, but TIm Calhoun built it. http://www.calhouncustomfirearms.com/

Check him out. He builds some awesome 1911's and 2011's.

How was that trigger guard shaped...

Is it a weld job?

Did you do that your self to? Or did someone else do that work?

It started out as a Racemaster frame, so no, not a weld job. The trigger guard started out square before the double undercut.

I helped design the gun, but TIm Calhoun built it. http://www.calhouncustomfirearms.com/

Check him out. He builds some awesome 1911's and 2011's.

Cool,

looks great..

I didn't realize the caspian race ready frame with the square guard was that thick.

Cheers,

post-36480-0-59127000-1391575395_thumb.jpost-36480-0-07453800-1391575412_thumb.jpost-36480-0-74314100-1391575474_thumb.jpost-36480-0-79137800-1391575521_thumb.j

My two 1911's the Sig 1911 TACOPs and the Colt GoldCup National Match, I like them both however would swap them both and some cash for an SVI single Stack!

The Colt is my IPSC SS gun and the Sig well I`m waiting for the rules to change to allow accessory rails.

Trace,

In short I love the Tacops and if I could shoot it all the time I would. I have spent a reasonable sum of money in changing the sights and trigger work which was required for what I wanted to use it for. Approx 2.5lb trigger with a short reset now, the stock trigger was very average and well over 5.0 Lbs and felt very average.

It feeds and eats everything and this is with the Sig branded mags which work very well, never had any issues other than when I had some slightly low powered hand loads. I now shoot 180 pf at least with 230 gn and it is incredibly accurate (not an SVI though). Easily shoots 1.5 inch to less groups at 25 yards freestyle. They are heavy 43oz from memory and eat up recoil. Due to the profile of the slide I use a Blackhawk serpa holster, it fits snugly.

My Colt has had a lot of work and consists of mainly Wilson and Egw parts but the difference between the two is night and day - Sigs are a seriously underrated 1911 in my opinion likely due to the external extractor and the non traditional profile (tacops).

That is really nice and I like those punisher grips! I have just now sold my Colt Gold Cup and bought a Dan Wesson Marksman, now just waiting for Larry Davidson to make another pair of thick Grenade Punisher Grips but in Toxic Zombie Green this time to put on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ymasequ9.jpg

ysene5a8.jpg

STI 40 cal classic division gun (ipsc)

STI frame and slide

Ed Brown grip safety and ambi

EGW slide stop and tungsten guide rod

Doug Koenig ignition kit

Infinity magwell

KKM precision barrel

Kensight rear sights

True weight front sight, firing pin

Built by JEDIWARRIOR

Edited by bonglee0507

ymasequ9.jpg

ysene5a8.jpg

STI frame and slide

Doug Koenig ignition kit

Infinity magwell

KKM precision barrel

Kensight rear sights

Built by JEDIWARRIOR

Are Bull Barrels legal in Classic Division ?

ymasequ9.jpg

ysene5a8.jpg

STI frame and slide

Doug Koenig ignition kit

Infinity magwell

KKM precision barrel

Kensight rear sights

Built by JEDIWARRIOR

Are Bull Barrels legal in Classic Division ?
Yes, Ipsc classic and Uspsa single stack have very little in common, other than skinny mags...

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a single stack which is a collaboration gun between Briley and Pistol Dynamics. The two smiths, who worked together long ago in South Africa before both coming the US [Claudio-Briley and Paul - Pistol Dynamics], put their heads together on this one and came up with some features for this gun.

It has a Briley frame, 30 LPI - front and back, weld on magwell, signature beavertail, signature hammer, spec'd slide cuts and profile - ion bonded & horizontally lined, spec'd bushing and plug, Briley barrel, signature front sight unit - which dovetails in from the muzzle, external extractor, Hogue aluminum grips, and I think that's pretty much it. The fit of the components are remarkable.

Weighs in at 41.4 ounces with a mag.

post-27944-0-63361900-1398129494_thumb.j

post-27944-0-58521400-1398129508_thumb.j

post-27944-0-94780300-1398129521_thumb.j

post-27944-0-93136300-1398129532_thumb.j

post-27944-0-45553200-1398129543_thumb.j

Edited by RobertDFranks