Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried an aluminum grip on an open gun and it didn’t last STI cracked PT aluminum cracked. We knew going in that Aluminum most likely was not strong enough for an Open gun.   . Ended up with a PT EVO.  Good luck. 

2 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

I have since switched to the RTS2. The DPPs have held up great but I like the dot shape better of the RTS2. Back to back they shoot the same for me. No speed difference at all.

I’m new to open. Trying ddp out first i like em but the on /off button is the only thing i don’t care for. 

I tried an aluminum grip on an open gun and it didn’t last STI cracked PT aluminum cracked. We knew going in that Aluminum most likely was not strong enough for an Open gun.   . Ended up with a PT EVO.  Good luck. 

Were the aluminum grips hard anodized? Matt Cheely told me it makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt wound definitely know more than I would about what will hold up and no sir, not hard anodized. I honestly believe that the type holster makes a diff also. I run the DAA and wouldn’t change from them but the fact that the trigger guard is where the DAA holds the gun and without a barrel support and the fact that’s where they cracked it kinda leads me to think that, in the least it hasn’t helped..

Hours and hours of running jumping puts a lot of stress on the trigger guard but that’s just my opinion. Good luck in open. 

Edited by a matt

23 minutes ago, a matt said:

Matt wound definitely know more than I would about what will hold up and no sir, not hard anodized. I honestly believe that the type holster makes a diff also. I run the DAA and wouldn’t change from them but the fact that the trigger guard is where the DAA holds the gun and without a barrel support and the fact that’s where they cracked it kinda leads me to think that, in the least it hasn’t helped..

Hours and hours of running jumping puts a lot of stress on the trigger guard but that’s just my opinion. Good luck in open. 

3 hours ago, rlrock said:

Were the aluminum grips hard anodized? Matt Cheely told me it makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess things have changed? Last I talked to Matt he said NOT to use an aluminum grip on an Open gun.

I did run an aluminum one on my Cameron’s 6” .40 w/o any issues. But I trust everyone will decide for them self’s. If I were to have a limited gun built now (or any major power factor gun ) I would go with the PT-EVO. It Fits the hand far and away better some others and it is also made from one piece of billet steel unlike the other. No chance of the PT cracking. 

Edited by a matt

• 2 weeks later...