Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not That It Matters, But I'll Be Seeing Ya.

hopalong

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with the internet is that it's frequently impossible to convey the intonation you meant because you typed what you "heard" verbally in your head. That's unfortunate.

Big Dave and I had a "disagreement" on here very recently, but I in no way think ANY less of Dave - because we both realized we wanted exactly the same thing but were expressing the desire differently. Adult intellectual discourse isn't for everybody, and based on what I've seen from you over the years, you aren't the one with the problem.

Take two beers out of petty cash and make me pay up if we ever meet. I hope you reconsider and stay. :)

Sam. please stick around. You still haven't told me if your (very pretty, BTW) 6" barrelled Model 25 is better then your 5" Model 625. :D It certainly did better then my 625 did at the Kentucky Sectional last weekend :P

Take care, and it was a pleasure seeing you last weekend.

Sam I haven't met you but sure have enjoyed you on the forum. Stick around.

I know my comments have stired up some controversy from time to time but that's life. Sometimes you just have to speak your mind.

I hope you reconsider and join the discussions often.

Sam, please tell us this is some sort of hilljack calendar mix-up and you thought it was April Fool's Day! :)

Seriously now--don't know what happened, but it's hard to believe that any reasonable person could get upset by anything you posted.

Sam,

Let me add my voice to the chorus.

First, there is nothing wrong with your communication skills.

I have read many of your posts and nothing I have seen was unclear or offensive.

You have offered a lot of insight to the other wheelgunners and shooters in general.

It would be a shame if you left because some individual got bent out of shape over something you wrote.

Whatever it was, they'll just have to get over it.

I always write what I think.

Some people may appreciate my point of view, some won't.

Either way I think the folks in IPSC are the greatest and count everyone of them as friend.

No one wants to see you leave the forum over some silly misunderstanding.

Your thoughts are always welcome in my little corner of cyberspace.

Tony

Mi compadre Samuel,

I don't know what happened and who you might think you pissed off. However, although I'd respect any decision you make on this issue, I don't think it deserves you leaving all your friends behind and without your words of wisdom, humor and sound advise.

I don't think there's anybody else on this e-place with a greater difficulty on expressing thoughts in English than myself and I'm still here. Frustrating sometimes, but still here nonetheless. I think we have ALL at one point or another pissed off somebody else here. Some times because text on a screen and smilies not necessarily express our thoughts in full or accurately, and some times because the other person is just too sensitive to the subject, and some just enjoy pissing off other people. But you are not of the latter category.

You and I have developed a nice friendship that started thanks to these forums. I don't have enough chances to hang out with you, so this is the closest I get to spend time with my friend "The Hop". I sincerely hope you'd reconsider but if you decide to leave anyway you know where I live and where to call me.

Please don't leave me here by myself to the mercy of Cliff and Carmoney (and his legalese and dremelese). I don't understand them and you translate for me what they say.

Sam, If you are going to leave ( I hope you don't), please let us know what happened to bring you to this course of action. Maybe it will help someone else avoid a misunderstanding.

There are not many people I am prettier than so it is good to have you around :o

Couple points I've been planning to make here:

1.) Why is this happening...? :blink:

2.) Not everyone does journalism for a living so some of us find e-mail and forum posting perhaps a little challenging... (or some of us take offense at some unintended something online too quickly), so don't feel all bent and bad if you think you're not a whiz-bang journalist at the keyboard. :rolleyes:

3.) Point No. 1 is still the priority point. Who got ticked off and when and why.....?.... :huh:

Regards,

SL

Stick around!!!

I don't even shoot a revolver, but alway enjoy reading your post.

I'm even thinking of getting into ICORE, because of the Enthusiasm and Zeal that you've displayed with your posting here.

Don't Go!

Sam -

I don't yet shoot a round gun, but I've read a lot of your posts and learned from them. You always seem low-key and very, very knowledgeable.

If someone p*ssed you off so bad you're thinking of leaving the forum, chances are that says more about them than about you. People like that tend to have the credibility they deserve. So don't hold it against the rest of the members. Stick around and keep contributing!