Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 Compact

Stafford

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a carry gun the lack of a firing pin block isn't as much of an issue for me as the lack of a decocker lever is. If I planned to carry one of these I would want to carry it with the hammer resting at half-cock, but I don't love the idea of having to manually lower the hammer to do so. Many people don't use the most fool-proof technique when lowering the hammer on their Shadows, but at least at the range the consequences of slipping off the hammer are significantly lower than doing so inside your home.

Yeah, as everyone else has said, a Shadow for carry is really a poor idea. Cool gun, but doesn't really make sense. I used to occasionally carry my Shadow until that poor RO got killed at a match last year from one being dropped and discharging when it hit the ground.

Not for carry IMO, but I see this more as an alternative to the S2 in competition with a different balance profile. Going to be less muzzle heavy and potentially faster slide speed. Will be more curious to see how they shoot side by side

I’m excited by this gun

shoots exceptionally well.

recoil feels different than my PCR/P01.

I have no love for the steel frame P01, but do like my modified 75b compacts.

No love for the full shadow 2, but the s2 compact feels good, well balanced, about 30 ounces.

lots of social media hate, which is funny, but that doesn’t stop this from being a nice gun.

59F723EB-DE78-4155-BEF0-0394B564508F.jpeg.bab384cc2631767a7e1fb916ad99fd8c.jpeg

FDE9FEB2-D03D-4477-9F24-629C2BEA3CDC.jpeg.c82c52b2d9ad375a6e604eec59b81957.jpeg

D7DE16E3-BB03-4869-889D-198A7945E7EE.jpeg.43b9e3c6a8475e8d05503f83b2b4c6d0.jpeg

91162DCB-936C-4799-84CC-E7EC4DF5E285.jpeg.af185a1ad20cfb7f532e1473b17e2869.jpeg

9680F83E-80B2-4ED7-80E3-58DE0B221CE4.jpeg.9cf68b7029840e22c6f180afb377c4f1.jpeg

it doesn’t fit the CCP box with the 15rnd mags and there a paddle on the mag release.

So mag release may need changing and magazine to the 14rnd or a change of basepads.

5B264D60-B016-47C2-AC75-980F592391BD.jpeg.8e41e282f1852f87043b76df6b4b11a4.jpeg

Edited by eerw

I just don't get it. It's not ideal for any comp division and if that price range of $1400-1700 is accurate you can get a P-01 or P-07 milled for a dot and a trigger upgrade and still have tons of money left over for more ammo.

I just don't know who this is for.

9 minutes ago, JesseM said:

I just don't get it. It's not ideal for any comp division and if that price range of $1400-1700 is accurate you can get a P-01 or P-07 milled for a dot and a trigger upgrade and still have tons of money left over for more ammo.

Anybody who shoots a CZ single action and wants to carry something similar.  Just need to add the extended safety.  I’d carry the hell out of it…if anybody will make a decent holster.  

8 hours ago, deerslayer said:

Anybody who shoots a CZ single action and wants to carry something similar.  Just need to add the extended safety.  I’d carry the hell out of it…if anybody will make a decent holster.  

Legacy makes S2 holsters so it'd be the same except shorter. I'll bet you could email them to do that.

https://legacyfirearmsco.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwuZGnBhD1ARIsACxbAVhFkjdEztINsv03IVu-ehQ39oHurPhn2MPdi5Wlvs0m9amqfc9lM9waArrbEALw_wcB

9 hours ago, JesseM said:

I think it's for competitors who use the Shadow 2 as their competition gun. Now they have a carry option that is very similar to what they compete with. If I carried this compact, I would manually de-cock to the half cock position.

However, while I like my S2 and the idea of this compact intrigues me, I know I wouldn't carry a pistol that large. When I first got into CZ's, I picked up a Tristar/Canik C100 for carry which is basically a CZ PCR clone. And, I've never carried it. I find guns in that size (Glock 19, 75Compact, P-10C) just a bit too large to carry.

Count me in the "I don't get it" category. No fpb, no decocker, and a price well north of a grand. This is not what the traditional American gun buyers are clamoring for. It'll sell okay, but I'm pretty sure most people were hoping for something that would compete with the p365 if CZ wanted to introduce another carry gun.

2 hours ago, Stafford said:

I think it's for competitors who use the Shadow 2 as their competition gun. Now they have a carry option that is very similar to what they compete with. If I carried this compact, I would manually de-cock to the half cock position.

Rather just lower the hammer completely and let the inertia firing pin do its job as intended. If dropped on the hammer the half cock notch might shear of and the gun go bang.

There was a reason why the Colt SAA was carried with only 5 rds instead of using the safety notch...