Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 Compact

Stafford

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ColoradoNick said:

Who makes a 14? What is stock? I’m using CCI’s and Fiocchi’s so I will test. With the extended firing pin I’ve had zero issues with the 11.5#

I think the S2 is a 14 stock. Don't know about the compact.

4 hours ago, PA_USPSA said:

I'm using a CZ Custom 13# hammer spring with a stock firing pin and reduced firing pin spring and haven't had any issues with CCI and Winchester primers.  

Good to know. I'm going to go ahead and do the entire cajun package minus the extended firing pin. I'll post up thoughts afterwards. I'm going to try and put 1000 rounds through it first. 

11 hours ago, ColoradoNick said:

...but I’m debating doing the full cajun gun works package minus the extended firing pin or just a flat trigger and short reset disconnect.

Thoughts? From what I can tell the extended firing pin is the only thing they don’t recommend for a carry gun. If I don’t go lighter than the 13# main spring reliability should be fine correct?

I installed the CGW Pro package with the 11.5lbs main spring and the CGW flat trigger on my S2C after about 100 rounds. It now has over 1k rounds of 115gr, 124gr and 147gr. I carry it with Underwood Defense ammo. I’ve used it in IDPA and Steel Challenge but haven’t shot it yet in USPSA.

It’s been very reliable and haven’t had a FTF/FTE. I carry it in decock position.

IMG_2579.jpeg

Edited by ramnj

30 minutes ago, ramnj said:

I installed the CGW Pro package with the 11.5lbs main spring and the CGW flat trigger on my S2C after about 100 rounds. It now has over 1k rounds of 115gr, 124gr and 147gr. I carry it with Underwood Defense ammo. I’ve used it in IDPA and Steel Challenge but haven’t shot it yet in USPSA.

It’s been very reliable and haven’t had a FTF/FTE. I carry it in decock position.

IMG_2579.jpeg

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, ES13Raven said:

@eerw Stuart, are there any thin basepads that you know of, that will work with the old 14-round magazines, and still fit the IDPA CCP box?

with CZ 14rnd mag. we have this pad that seems to fit the box with the factory sight.

smallS2cidpa14magCCP.jpg.a0d5ebb940e22628d712e6d8db596668.jpg

Has anyone worked on a reduced weight slide spring?

IDPA PF for CCP is 105 and working a light load i don't get a consistent full slide cycle.

It comes with the captured flat spring, and it doesn't look like it can be taken apart easily. 

27 minutes ago, Andy9 said:

Has anyone worked on a reduced weight slide spring?

IDPA PF for CCP is 105 and working a light load i don't get a consistent full slide cycle.

It comes with the captured flat spring, and it doesn't look like it can be taken apart easily. 

I received from CGW today my SS guide rod and 13# P07 / P10C recoil spring (that's what works in a S2C per CGWs website) that I've seen suggested elsewhere but haven't had a chance to try it yet. Might / probably need to go lighter for a PF that low. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, msr said:

The flat safety is not working for me. On the wait list for a left side extended safety. Are these showing up at all in the US or have they been completely unavailable.

I ordered mine from Eric Graffel’s store in France. 

• 4 weeks later...

The DA pull on mine is just over 9 pounds, SA feels good. If I wanted to reduce the DA, and maintain full reliability, is 15 the way to go, and is the part the same as for a regular Shadow 2? Anything else I would need to change? 

35 minutes ago, GJM said:

The DA pull on mine is just over 9 pounds, SA feels good. If I wanted to reduce the DA, and maintain full reliability, is 15 the way to go, and is the part the same as for a regular Shadow 2? Anything else I would need to change? 

If you’re talking about a main spring a 13# ignites everything I have tried. 

36 minutes ago, GJM said:

If you’re talking about a main spring a 13# ignites everything I have tried. 

3 hours ago, GJM said:

Anything else I would need to change? 

Like the bigger brother, there are internal parts (besides the main spring) which need to be polished or changed if you want to optimize the trigger pull. Check with Cajon GW if you don't want to do the work yourself.

On 11/15/2023 at 3:59 PM, eerw said:

with CZ 14rnd mag. we have this pad that seems to fit the box with the factory sight.

smallS2cidpa14magCCP.jpg.a0d5ebb940e22628d712e6d8db596668.jpg

So where do you find these 14 round mags?  I know CZ's have several different mags for different guns.  Which one's are these?