Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You Know You're A Shooter When....

standles

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have a total of one handgun, one rifle, one pickup, Dillon 1050, 15K primers, 10K projectiles, 10lb of powder and 5k brass stashed in a country you only visit for three weeks each year.

Updated,

One Handgun, One Pickup, Dillon 1050, 65K Primers, 10K Projectiles, 24lbs powder, 10K Brass, Dillon Tumbler and Zero owe me 14K projectiles cause they borrowed some off me at the Bianchi Cup. Still stashed, but now keeping the explosives away from the house, in a country I visit for 3 weeks of the year.

All of which I could not do except for the kindness of GrantJ and his family (who is just as bad as I am).

OR,

You take one of your kids to the Bianchi Cup just so you can get an extra bag full of gun toys home without costing too much in excess baggage, and still come home with one more bag that what you left with (leave with 4 return with 5) and the extra bag is a Pelican Double Rifle case filled with all the good expensive stuff that you could not fit in the suitcases.

OK the little pixie won more prizes than I did.

You inevitably go through one of the periodic safe emptying sales when times are hard, but rather than mourning the losses, you realize how much space there is now to fill back up when times are good again.

When you are at a function (church, after hours work event, etc.) and friends ask your advice on firearms purchase and instruction.

Yup, I make it a point not to bring up guns in conversation yet people always find me and do it for me. :roflol:

...When the gemologist at the jewelers who just reset your heritage diamond starts talking to you out of the blue about your guns! ...because a friend of HIS told him you were a shooter. B) Small town, Eugene, Oregon (and where the shooters are hiding-in-plain-sight everywhere). :P

• 3 weeks later...

When you saved up cartridge specific once fired range brass for a gun you didn't have, and ended up with so much you sold part of it for the purchase price of the gun and had plenty left over.

s'true, tho it did take more than a couple years...

(my 11th contribution to this thread)

Edited by kevin c

It was only a local monthly match. But they were all “special” to him. He had been competing for so long; it was hard not to be there on match day.

He was on stage 7, his mags loaded and ready. He had planned out how he was going to shoot this stage the fastest and the best. He was shooting a really great match. He was in his "zone" when someone in the gallery said; a funeral procession was passing the range. He stopped, turned towards the road, removed his hat, and stood silently, with his head bowed for the few moments it took to pass. His friends thought this must all come from his Military years. They remarked that he was such a gentleman and the gesture was so respectful. The shooter replied, “well we had been married for such a long time”, lets shoot!

• 4 weeks later...

When you call Dillon for a replacement part for your ancient SDB (a cracked primer housing assembly - the part that the primer slide's Delrin bearing runs over), and get a short silence on the other end, and then the reply to the effect: "I've never heard of that happening before, ever." [Of course they're replacing it, and I promised to send them the part so they can examine it]).

You have custom moulded ear plugs made.... 5 sets to be exact, all in colours matching the grips on your guns

You keep AT LEAST one set of hearing protection on your person at all times.

When you people point and ask why you have 5000 loaded rounds in the garage, and you say 'yep, that's a good start'

When you buy tumbling media in 50lb bags, but can't afford a new toothbrush...

It's -30F and you are still shooting .22RF at the pistol sihouette range..... not because you want to freeze your lungs, but you really REALLY want to see if dry graphite will still cycle when it is that cold out!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...