Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You Know You're A Shooter When....

standles

You go to transfer wallet, etc. from your weekend pants to the office pants and come up with a handful of cartridges that MUST be left at home.

Also, your change tray on the dresser has more ammunition in it than money. :roflol:

+1 Recent experience: While walking towards the TSA's you stop dead in your tracks and frantically start triple checking every single pocket. Because somehow, rounds always end up in ALL of your pockets no matter what you're wearing.

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you are a shooter when...

- You have ever mounted a powder-thrower to your kitchen counter, near the coffee machine, to use as a ground-coffee dispenser. You lift the dispenser handle to get exactly the number of "grains" of coffee necessary to make a full pot of coffee in the morning.

In general, IPSC shooters are a creative lot - that's genius!

:D

• 3 weeks later...

You go to transfer wallet, etc. from your weekend pants to the office pants and come up with a handful of cartridges that MUST be left at home.

Also, your change tray on the dresser has more ammunition in it than money. :roflol:

+1 Recent experience: While walking towards the TSA's you stop dead in your tracks and frantically start triple checking every single pocket. Because somehow, rounds always end up in ALL of your pockets no matter what you're wearing.

BTDT

You're going through your desk looking for a paper clip.

The cup that holds your ink pens might have one at the bottom.

You don't find a paper clip but you do find a barrel bushing for a 1911.

You have no idea how it got there or what gun it fits.

• 2 weeks later...

You go to take your pants off at the end of the day and discover you wore your inner velcro belt all day after dry fire practice in the morning. :cheers:

Or you wear your inner belt everywhere because its more comfortable than that old leather belt..

Worst of all.

Get to check in and they find two empty cases in Carry On bag and go into panic mode, luckily the wife was dropping me off and she could take them away. I was all for dropping them into the bin.

THEN, fly from Auckland NZ to LA and after checking in to fly to MO, I find 3 LIVE rounds in my Carry on!!. Those rounds went through 4 XRAY machines? But they got my box cutter. :devil:

Holy Crap, literally, they went for a swim. Thank you for good plumbing in LA.

Edited by gm iprod

• 2 weeks later...

When your new rifle and scope for 3 gun come in and you stand in your garage and do both eyes open drills on you neighbors Christmas decorations and long distance transitions on the ones at the house at the end of the road

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The voicemail message on my cell phone is... "Caller ready? Stand-by. , Then the beep from my timer."

It's amazing shooters know exactly what to do, and non-shooters also know exactly what to do, they just aren't sure why!

...The only thing you ask for, is gift certificates from Shooters Connection.

Ray

:roflol:

One of our local aces brought his son to practice last weekend. Little tyke maybe three years or four years old. He'd sit uprange on an unused prop, kicking his feet, watching. When his dad came up to shoot, he'd start saying, over and over again a cheerful little sing song voice, "Are you ready? Stand by. Beep!!, Are you ready? Stand by. Beep!!" doing a little hop each time he got to "beep!!".

Cute little feller. We were all grinning like fools.

At least we know how Sebastio got so good. He has his own RO for dryfire practice! :D

Worst of all.

Get to check in and they find two empty cases in Carry On bag and go into panic mode, luckily the wife was dropping me off and she could take them away. I was all for dropping them into the bin.

THEN, fly from Auckland NZ to LA and after checking in to fly to MO, I find 3 LIVE rounds in my Carry on!!. Those rounds went through 4 XRAY machines? But they got my box cutter. :devil:

Holy Crap, literally, they went for a swim. Thank you for good plumbing in LA.

Been there. I live in England but I fly home every summer and get to shoot a few matches while I'm there. One time a few years back, I think it was '08, I got back to my house in England, started unpacking all my bags and found a box of Fiocchi 9mm in the bottom of my carryon... 2 airports, in and out multiple times to smoke, I don't know how many times I went through security. <_<

Family Movie Night includes Hopes,Bore Snakes, Break Free and the firearms from the previous week's (Month's....) shooting sessions :cheers:

Your 6 year old has better muzzle control than a lot of the people at the free public range

You go without eating lunch to run by the gunsmith's

I wish I had a photo, but you can do the following.

100 Cases CCI Standard 22lr, that is 1/2 Million.

20 Cases Federal Trap.

1000 Federal 209 Primers.

All can be fitted into the back of a 1999 Dodge 2500. Not quite get the snug lid down, as 50 cases of the 22lr were on a pallet.

Plenty of traction!!!

Weight: 22lr Ammo 4000lbs+, 12G 450lbs, Primers 1 1/4lbs. All up we would have weighed in at just over 10,000lbs.

We reckon I should have left the primers at the warehouse for the next trip.