Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shooting limited optics with your current carry optics gun

lawboy

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/7/2023 at 1:57 AM, lroy said:

Not sure I see the point? It's the same thing as CO but with higher HF classifiers.

The high hit factors are meaningless if your already clasifed in any division your giting 1 down in LO NO MATTER WHAT % you shoot on the first 4 clasifers anyway...

1 hour ago, waktasz said:

Why is that?

Think the reference is any classification you shoot will be automatically upgraded to no less than 1 classification below your highest classification.  This also goes to if you shoot a new Division really well and classify 2 classifications higher than your highest, all of your previous classifications will be jumped to one class below your new Division class.

I'm not sure if a Provisional Division Classification would raise your others though.

43 minutes ago, pskys2 said:

I'm not sure if a Provisional Division Classification would raise your others though.

Had that question answered by Area 2 director... yes 1 below applys and clasifacations will start 1 May on anything shot as LO.. So  why the BOD is wasting effort studying hit factors for LO is lost on me, only people it would  effect is brand new shooters without any clarification in a  division 

10 minutes ago, 2011BLDR said:

Had that question answered by Area 2 director... yes 1 below applys and clasifacations will start 1 May on anything shot as LO.. So  why the BOD is wasting effort studying hit factors for LO is lost on me, only people it would  effect is brand new shooters without any clarification in a  division 

I don’t even get your viewpoint here. LO will eventually be a permanent division. A small amount of effort to do things right isn’t unreasonable. 

On 4/14/2023 at 8:46 PM, 2011BLDR said:

One class below your highest class rule... shoot a D class % on 4 clasifers in LO as a GM in any other division = Master in LO..

I understand the rule, but not sure why you say the HHFs don't matter, unless you just assume it's impossible for anyone to shoot good scores in LO with the current scores as they are? 

4 hours ago, waktasz said:

I understand the rule, but not sure why you say the HHFs don't matter, unless you just assume it's impossible for anyone to shoot good scores in LO with the current scores as they are? 

The theory that using Open as a base was to high.. my response is whatever is used as a base is irrelevant along with any study and adjustments if your already classified in anything else... a GM in anything else =shoot 4 @ 10% average or 4@ 84% average = the same M card for LO.

That's why we have  L2 coming up in May in AZ nobody has a LO clasifacation or the opertunity to shoot 4 before that match but shooters have already signed up with a clasifaction selected fo LO..

16 hours ago, 2011BLDR said:

The theory that using Open as a base was to high.. my response is whatever is used as a base is irrelevant along with any study and adjustments if your already classified in anything else... a GM in anything else =shoot 4 @ 10% average or 4@ 84% average = the same M card for LO.

That's why we have  L2 coming up in May in AZ nobody has a LO clasifacation or the opertunity to shoot 4 before that match but shooters have already signed up with a clasifaction selected fo LO..

And the ones who have put anything besides U are wrong(as of now). 

Division U D C B A M G X
Limited Optics 7 0 3 2 0 0 0 0
Edited by echotango

11 hours ago, ChuckS said:

U until you get a minimum of 4 classifiers in. 

So if you are GM in limited  you would shoot the first 4 LO matches in "U" then if you lets say made "B" the next  match you would enter as "M"  due to the rule ?

37 minutes ago, Sinister4 said:

So if you are GM in limited  you would shoot the first 4 LO matches in "U" then if you lets say made "B" the next  match you would enter as "M"  due to the rule ?

Yeah, if you're GM in any division, once you shoot 4 classifiers you'll either be M or GM in the new division. 

I wouldn't mind being able to just sign up in LO as M with out shooting any classifiers. I'm going to be M, might as well get it out of the way. I'll mostly shoot majors and some match around here don't do classifiers all the time. I'll probably be U for all of 2023 into 2024. 

On 4/7/2023 at 2:48 PM, mreed911 said:

LO doesn't have the Production Gun list and allows SA/DA guns.  For folks wanting to shoot CO but not having a qualifying pistol, LO is it.

Shooting a CO gun in LO, though, seems pointless.

You can have a mag well and slide racker

6 hours ago, echotango said:

And the ones who have put anything besides U are wrong(as of now). 

Division U D C B A M G X
Limited Optics 7 0 3 2 0 0 0 0

100% correct..

But I can also see their logic  applying the 1 class down rule + Open HHF baseline  in their head to concluded they will end up 1 below their highest... You would think 5 Master & A Class shooters would have a better understanding of the process given they understand the 1 below your highest rule... 

1 hour ago, 2011BLDR said:

100% correct..

But I can also see their logic  applying the 1 class down rule + Open HHF baseline  in their head to concluded they will end up 1 below their highest... You would think 5 Master & A Class shooters would have a better understanding of the process given they understand the 1 below your highest rule... 

this seems like something very important to argue about..... if it were me (which it isn't, because I think LO is dumb), and I knew I would get 4 classifiers before then, I would totally register for a major as the class I'm going to be at that major. at worst, I can fix it at registration, which already happens often enough for people that move up in between registration and the match.

1 hour ago, motosapiens said:

this seems like something very important to argue about..... if it were me (which it isn't, because I think LO is dumb), and I knew I would get 4 classifiers before then, I would totally register for a major as the class I'm going to be at that major. at worst, I can fix it at registration, which already happens often enough for people that move up in between registration and the match.

The match is the 3rd week of May.  It can happen but I am guessing they just don't understand.  

8 hours ago, Sinister4 said:

You will never see a "B" but you will see a "M" with a B percentage...