Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shooting limited optics with your current carry optics gun

lawboy

Without a trigger pull weight limit, a single-action division, but it LO or CO w/SAs is going to trend to 2011s.  It's part of the 'easy button' that everyone wants-- hicap, dot, low recoil, cheap ammo, light trigger.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Stafford said:

For me, it is simpler and faster to just run it hammer down with a DA start.

I was curious in this for people running Shadow 2 and the like for running LO who have been running CO and are use to the DA wouldn't make more sense just to continue to run DA like you do in CO?  This way you can run both divisions without issue.

When I switched from Striker fired guns to the 2011 platform I was not used to riding the safety.  This led to me inadvertently flipping the safety on from time to time.  Initially with unloaded table starts I would always flip the safety on during the loading process.  It took a bit of training to remember to ride the safety, and fix my unloaded table starts.

13 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

I was curious in this for people running Shadow 2 and the like for running LO who have been running CO and are use to the DA wouldn't make more sense just to continue to run DA like you do in CO?  This way you can run both divisions without issue.

When I switched from Striker fired guns to the 2011 platform I was not used to riding the safety.  This led to me inadvertently flipping the safety on from time to time.  Initially with unloaded table starts I would always flip the safety on during the loading process.  It took a bit of training to remember to ride the safety, and fix my unloaded table starts.

that just means your grip has been wrong from the start no matter what gun you shoot

• 2 weeks later...

My duty gun is a 320 with a dot and magwell. I took the magwell to shoot CO when I got back into the sport.  Now I can rock my magwell for LO but I’d still use the gun for either division that suites my needs by popping off that one feature.  Win/win

I shot my Shadow 2 yesterday at a local. I added a Boss Components magwell and G10 grips, had changed the safeties to wide paddles on both sides, and shot it cocked and locked. It rocked! I've been shooting it in CO for the last 3 years, so the dot was right where I had been used to seeing it, and the huge magwell just locked my grip in. 

Last month I got a great deal on a 5" Prodigy, which has been 100% reliable for me, but I'm going to run the Shadow 2 for  the remainder of the season.

2 hours ago, Stafford said:

Shot my Shadow 2 this weekend in LO just because. Nothing added to it for LO, however, I did run it cocked and locked most of the time despite the small safety. 

I ended up not needing the mag well, all the stages were 24 rounds or less. But cocked and locked was cool. I had to get the big safeties from Eric Graffuel from France. Even with shipping, it was cheaper and available than any source in the US.

1 hour ago, OPENB said:

I ended up not needing the mag well, all the stages were 24 rounds or less. But cocked and locked was cool. I had to get the big safeties from Eric Graffuel from France. Even with shipping, it was cheaper and available than any source in the US.

How difficult, or not, is switching safeties?

1 hour ago, Stafford said:

On a shadow 2, once you know how it goes in it's less than 5 minutes. Remove the slide, slide the sear spring out of the notch in the safety, push safety out, reinstall new one (left side only for right handed shooters). Put the slide back on... 

3 hours ago, Stafford said:

1 hour ago, ColoradoNick said:

On a shadow 2, once you know how it goes in it's less than 5 minutes. Remove the slide, slide the sear spring out of the notch in the safety, push safety out, reinstall new one (left side only for right handed shooters). Put the slide back on... 

Pretty much that easy. Watch the several YouTube videos. The best tip I found was to tie the hammer back with a rubber band, frees up a hand.