Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Enos Members are IDPA Masters

RangerTrace

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDPA PCC Master, USPSA PCC B.

Expert in CCP & CO, B Class in Open (shooting a comped Glock 19 (major) with slide mounted dot). On track for B Class in Carry Optics but don't have enough classifiers yet. 

As a long time USPSA shooter, I always heard a USPSA B would be an IDPA Master.  Seems to run true with a few of these posts.  I have to say I'm disappointed in myself since I was a high "A" Limited shooter and still have not been able to make M with the 5x5.   I've been as close as .1 second away, but have not made it.

I made Master in SSP (2008) and ESP (2009) by match bumps and CO (2021) and CDP (2022) by 5x5 classifier.  USPSA GM in CO and Master in Limited by classifiers.  As an IDPA Master in 2012, I took my SSP gun to a USPSA classifier match and came out a Production A, but am now a Master by default.  

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

As a long time USPSA shooter, I always heard a USPSA B would be an IDPA Master.  Seems to run true with a few of these posts.  I have to say I'm disappointed in myself since I was a high "A" Limited shooter and still have not been able to make M with the 5x5.   I've been as close as .1 second away, but have not made it.

I struggle with classifiers in both sports, especially those that require standing reloads, which is not a strong point of mine. I tend to "compete" at a higher level than I classify (especially in USPSA), mostly I think because I stage plan well and move well on a stage, 2 things that classifieres traditionally don't test.

My IDPA PCC Master was on the full classifier on my first try, I've never done better than EX on the 5x5. My 2 EX classifications in CCP and CO came from match bumps after winning my class at Nationals (CCP SS) and Regionals (CO SS). I can shoot EX 5x5s in those divisions now, but I could not at the time I bumped.

I've been shooting Open with a slide ride Glock 19 1.5 seasons now (starting my 2nd full season this year) and I initially classified as C pretty easily and moved up to B in the first half of my first full season. My goal is to make A this year, and then upgrade to a traditional Open gun when I get some debts paid off before next season. I've managed a couple of 70% classifiers in the early going this year, but haven't secured my first 75% yet so I have an uphill battle ahead of me.

38 minutes ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

I made master in idpa a few months ago.    In uspsa I made master in open not too far back (this month iirc) 

I don’t shoot idpa much and I don’t really care for it.   I’m not even sure why I have a membership 😂 

Congrats on making M in Open! Time to update the screen name 😉

11 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Try the older 90 shot one if its still around,, I was IDPA ESP expert,, shot IPSC standard 10 for a couple years, and hit Master while a USPSA C class.  Used to be pretty much stage 3 accuracy was the classifier. The rest was just fluff

IDPA MA in SSP, ESP, and CO.

Got my MA in each of those three via match bump in 2014, 2015, and 2021 respectively.  (Joined IDPA Dec 2013, shot my first major in 2014 in SSP, shot ESP in 2015 then traded ESP and SSP back and forth for a couple of years, then started shooting CO in May of 2019.)

USPSA:  M in PROD, CO, and PCC.  (And 0.4327% from M in SS.  Dang it.)

And yes, I use my Production gun in SSP, my SS gun (9mm Minor) in ESP, and my USPSA CO gun in IDPA CO.

:)

IDPA Master in SSP/ESP/CDP/CCP/BUG, USPSA A-Class (production).  From what I see I am about the norm, a USPSA A-Class shooter should be a master in IDPA if they adjust their game accordingly.  

On 3/19/2023 at 9:24 PM, RangerTrace said:

I know a few guys that are C class Masters. I think the B class rule is a bit dated, uspsa depending on the classifiers and division you shoot has gotten harder to move up and IDPA has gotten easier.

I think the easiest way now is match bump if you shoot a popular division like CO. It's not crazy for at a big match to see 3-5 EX's get bumped to MA in CO. I'm supposed to shoot a major this weekend there is probably going to be 4 bumps to MA in CO. And probably 5 SS bumped to EX. Which means if all the same people sign up for the next major you'd have 4 more people get bumped. If you live in a region with a lot of majors that are mostly the same people almost everyone can make MA in time. I live in a area like that. 

On 3/19/2023 at 9:57 AM, RangerTrace said:

Please post in here if you are an IDPA Master and if you also shoot USPSA, your classification over there.  

If you shoot IDPA majors for any length of time, M is almost inevitable.

M in SSP and ESP via bump (a looong time ago) and CO this year via the 5x5. 
USPSA GM in Prod, Limited and CO also

IDPA

Long form classifier  ESP SS, match bump to expert 3 days later (2018)

ESP Master (2019)

SSP Master (2023)

Both are match bumps from the 1 match a year I still shoot

USPSA 

Production   Master (2021) First division, started off the rip at A in 2019)

Single Stack Master  (2022) only shot 1 match and it was a classifier match with all 20 or newer)

Limited          Master (2023)

GSSF   Master(2018)

Edited by Artemas