Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

D2 Customs LO blaster

Bakerjd

Well either they decided to have LO or I shoot this in open. Either way I wanted it amd I got it. As usual Dan fid a killer job on building it. Vytel manufacturing anodized the Cheely al grip in their color case hardened awesomeness. Rest of the gun is black nitride. 

FB_IMG_1676065893451.jpg

6 hours ago, YVK said:

I had a chance to examine a D2 gun that Dan built for a local shooter. Very good quality. 

Angle of a pic makes it hard to see the bbl dia - 9 or 40?

Assuming it's a 9 if for Limited Optics or Open with the slide ride. Doesn't say on the Instagram post it's in either.

Looks like a 40.  If so, good choice.  If the BoD is stupid enough to make LO minor only, you can load down.  It makes more sense to me to make LO both major and minor.

It will also make a splendid steel challenge gun.

Gonna try to answer all the questions. 

9 minor for Limited optics. 

Optic plate is glock. He did a stepped cut so there wasn't a gap at the front of the optic since the RTS2 is longer then the plate. 

Optic longevity I doubt I'll have any issue with. I've never broken a RTS2 yet on any of my guns. I have cracked the glass on a Alpha 3 twice though. 

I've put about 200 rounds through it so far. Running a 10lb recoil spring and 17lb main spring. Dot tracks perfect and from my slow mo video it looks like there is just the slightest dip. But even with that I can do .18s splits and have two holes about 1/2" apart. I will say I'm not 100% sure I like the new design of the geppert/atlas trigger shoe. I really like the original because it had serrations on it. 

I was going to change to LO right away but I think I'll stick with CO until after nats this year. I set a goal of shooting 70% of first place and want to complete it. Then it's over to LO. I will say for me at least having a magwell is a nice addition. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2023 at 11:07 PM, Nitro1 said:

Awesome looking blaster. Those slide cuts look nice. 

have you tried a 8lbs recoil spring?  Might help the muzzle dip. 

I haven't. I did switch to an IMSI 10lb spring because I was cleaning and somehow lost the recoil spring. 

Shot buckeye blast and came in 7th of 16 shooters. No gun issues at all. 

This past weekend I shot a quick classifier match at a local club with it. Ended up getting a 84.00 HF on 09-09 lightning and thunder. (Fixed time scoring) which is 0.6HF under a GM score. I had one delta and one Charlie. 

Sunday I took it to another local and it ran 100%. I screwed up and forgot a popper on a stage which dropped me a good bit having the Mike and FTSA. But it was a fun match. 

I think I'm around 3k rounds now give or take. I estimate round count by how many matches amd practice sessions I go to. 

In the end I'm 100% happy with the gun, and new division. I'm seriously thinking about selling off a bunch of my other guns at this point. 

• 1 month later...