Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Only ONE GLOCK

baron45

The 22 will do everything that the 17 will do except you will be able to shoot more classes without dropping points. You are good to go with a 17 as long as you can run perfect stages and shoot all A's. Me? I need all of the points I can get, so make mine a .40 so we can make major. I shoot a 35, but if I could only pick one it would be a 22 hands down.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 10. G17 (2), 20, 22, 23, 27, 29, 34, 35, 36. A good argument could be made for any of them. But there is one gun I've used longer than any other, and I seem to shoot very well, possibly because I carried it on and off duty for about 12 years, and I've also used it in some competitions. It conceals well, too, which is one reason I chose it as my duty gun. Large enough for uniform duty carry, but compact enough for off duty or plain clothes concealed carry. It isn't THE best for any one application, but it does pretty much everything well. The G23.

You can make Major, or load it down Minor for Production or steel. Although it's compact, the shorter sight radius is't too great a drawback. I recently shot a possible (500) at a GSSF indoor league match with my plain stock G23. And, for me, the grip contour just feels right in my hand.

I have other guns I shoot more, because they are my primary competition guns. But, if Hillarama told me to trim them down to only one that I'd have to rely on for everything, it would just have to be the 23. I don't expect that to happen, though. If they want to take away our guns, it will more than likely be all of them.

fwiw, my $.02. :)

• 3 years later...

This makes sense. I have a G35, which I got since it'll allow me to shoot IPSC/USPSA and IDPA. I'm thinking of getting one for CCW, and I was leaning towards the G23 - small enough for CCW, and decently-sized enough so that, in case my G35 fails on me during a match, it'll allow me to finish the match in much better shape than a G27.

Appreciate all the other posts.

I have 10. G17 (2), 20, 22, 23, 27, 29, 34, 35, 36. A good argument could be made for any of them. But there is one gun I've used longer than any other, and I seem to shoot very well, possibly because I carried it on and off duty for about 12 years, and I've also used it in some competitions. It conceals well, too, which is one reason I chose it as my duty gun. Large enough for uniform duty carry, but compact enough for off duty or plain clothes concealed carry. It isn't THE best for any one application, but it does pretty much everything well. The G23.

You can make Major, or load it down Minor for Production or steel. Although it's compact, the shorter sight radius is't too great a drawback. I recently shot a possible (500) at a GSSF indoor league match with my plain stock G23. And, for me, the grip contour just feels right in my hand.

I have other guns I shoot more, because they are my primary competition guns. But, if Hillarama told me to trim them down to only one that I'd have to rely on for everything, it would just have to be the 23. I don't expect that to happen, though. If they want to take away our guns, it will more than likely be all of them.

fwiw, my $.02. :)

Just.........one..........Glock?

still workin on it............

Nope, can't do it. I cannot imagine a world where one could only have one glock. Just can't do it.

It is a nightmare world, like being forced to eat only ONE potato chip.

you can't have just one glock, they're so cheap. i have three myself.

I'm with Thomas but I have 8 :D

I'm with Thomas and TMC but I only have 5.

Everyday carry is a G21 but depending on how I'm dressed, it could be the G30. Three gun competition is a tricked out G34 with a comp and dot. There is also a G17 and G35 laying around here somewhere....

If it's only one, then it's the G21.

HH

If you could only have ONE GLOCK Pistol,What would it be?

THANKS.

baron45

The one I have: G35 with a 9mm conversion barrel to shoot cheap ammo.

Even though I have a G21, G23, and G34 if I could have only one I think this is the right answer.