Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2023 CO and Iron Sight Nationals

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, masonuspsa1 said:

Who is going to be the match director?

jake has been MD of all the recent nationals. I don't know why that would change, although he might get shannon to help him again, which is not a bad thing imho. Maybe they will get yee-min involved too.

Edited by motosapiens

1 hour ago, Sandbagger123 said:

LOL OK   

You know, your questions would have a point if someone had just said "hey nationals are in Ohio next year" and left it at that.

But we posted the EXACT name of the f*#king place where they will be.  That's all anyone needs to figure out where it is, what is around it, where is the nearest large city with an airport, where to stay, and virtually everything else.

So go look it up

9 minutes ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

But we posted the EXACT name of the f*#king place where they will be.  That's all anyone needs to figure out where it is, what is around it, where is the nearest large city with an airport, where to stay, and virtually everything else.

this is true, and i did it while drunk at a restaurant in alabama. columbus airport is like 30 mins from the range. theres also a local match about 90+ minutes away the previous sunday, for folks that show up early to see the fabulous ohio tourist attractions.

17 minutes ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

You know, your questions would have a point if someone had just said "hey nationals are in Ohio next year" and left it at that.

So go look it up

i asked a couple of simple question about the area as I have never been to Ohio.  You could have ignored it , but you decide  to reply with your remark.   

yeah i could look it up on the net, but i find asking folks that live in the area a better way to find out how the place is.   Do you represent the range that is hosting it?   

3 hours ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

So go look it up

Ratchet down the attitude.

• 3 weeks later...

On 9/14/2022 at 9:56 AM, Racinready300ex said:

I bet that'll be hard to get into. A lot of people up in the North East who don't normally go to nationals are now within reasonable driving distance. 

Yeah I saw it was 3 hours away and for the first time I thought about trying to go to nationals 

They put some recent drone photos up on Facebook:

May be an image of road

Existing bays

May be an image of outdoorsN

New action bays under construction

I did some Youtube creeping and found some match videos from Cardinal. I saw a few places where they shot into the side berms by means of bullet trap, so those bays may be more versatile than they look at first glance. (Someone from out that way may be able to weigh in with more information.)

21 hours ago, Fishbreath said:

They put some recent drone photos up on Facebook:

May be an image of road

Existing bays

May be an image of outdoorsN

New action bays under construction

I did some Youtube creeping and found some match videos from Cardinal. I saw a few places where they shot into the side berms by means of bullet trap, so those bays may be more versatile than they look at first glance. (Someone from out that way may be able to weigh in with more information.)

I've shot there.  The wooden side walls have not been a hindrance to having targets off to the sides.

5 hours ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

I've shot there.  The wooden side walls have not been a hindrance to having targets off to the sides.

I'm curious... how are the side walls contructed?