Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2023 CO and Iron Sight Nationals

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/15/2023 at 7:45 PM, riden said:

The existing pre-registration squadding shows almost full. When the regular registration opens, is this then a whole new set of slots or only where there are the few showing left?

As of right now, the competitor (not staff) squads have a total of 102 slots open.

I'm not sure I would characterize that as "the few".

• 7 months later...

I'm glad matches have happened! Yeah for more choices. As someone going there this week, and who has never been there before, but I see rain in the forecast.... What are the bays like in the rain?

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

I'm glad matches have happened! Yeah for more choices. As someone going there this week, and who has never been there before, but I see rain in the forecast.... What are the bays like in the rain?

Bring a boat.

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

Hopefully the rain won't be as bad as it was at CO nationals, last I saw it was just 1 day, so I'm hoping for a light rain and not a down pour.

11 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

I'm thinking of all the countless Prod mags in puddles in a few days.... Mine included

Yeah I remember trying to mostly try and drop the mags in the less deep/dry areas, I did have a few take a bath in the deep end but not many.

Rain appears to be holding off. I looked at the new stage schedule and noticed there is a Bay 21/Stage 21, and they are on the map, but there is no Stage 21 diagram or round count. Anyone on the ground that can advise?

7 hours ago, OPENB said:

Rain appears to be holding off. I looked at the new stage schedule and noticed there is a Bay 21/Stage 21, and they are on the map, but there is no Stage 21 diagram or round count. Anyone on the ground that can advise?

On Bay 4, there's now stage 4/5, so everything 5 and up is off by one in the match book.

On 10/10/2022 at 9:17 PM, Johnny_Chimpo said:

I'm sure this problem is being thought through and worked out.

It sure would be a shame if people stayed away from Nationals at a location that is probably the closest it has ever been to the majority of the population due to idle speculation.

Majority of population does not equate to a majority of shooters.

45 minutes ago, shred said:

Sounds great for an iron-sight match

Dude, it is ridiculous how unrelenting the far targets and especially poppers are. And not just one but up to 7 on a single stage.

3 hours ago, rowdyb said:

For you lurkers, go check the times for stage 18... especially lower class shooters

That doesn't look like much in the matchbook. How far are the targets

Edit: I just figured out the stage number changed from the matchbook. It looks like more of a stage, but with those times the steel must be pretty far out there 

Edited by PatJones

8 minutes ago, PatJones said:

That doesn't look like much in the matchbook. How far are the targets

Edit: I just figured out the stage number changed from the matchbook. It looks like more of a stage, but with those times the steel must be pretty far out there 

Yeah,  a bill drill stage was added and pushed all the stages after back one

7 mini poppers, all greater thann25 y. There were low cap shooters who simply ran out of ammo... I mean the top 20 on this stage, 18 of them are LO.

But yeah, there is not really any middle ground in this match. Either simple or demanding. 

Edited by rowdyb

So you are saying there was a stage that tested shooting skill at a shooting match  after the round dump stage ? "Gasp" the humanity...
Kinda reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend who is an AP English teacher and brags about all her students getting A's,,, and I remind her she has no standards and isnt challenging a good percentage of her class.
If all but the very best are getting 95-100% of points on a stage, its too easy. 
I mean USPSA is easy enough,, you can miss the A zone half the time and still get 90%.