war_material

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/29/2023 at 8:21 AM, waynes_world_45 said:

I just switched to an Everglades on a Henning T1000 hanger. So far so good

Very nice rig.

Only problem is that is over a $500 holster when said and done.   

• 1 month later...

Eh, I ditched the CR after it dumped a loaded gun on me.  The lock is not 100% locked and a strong bump can knock it out.  Some people like this so they can draw if it's accidentally locked, but I'd rather not deal with it.

• 1 month later...

Ghost “the one” S.  It’s been great for all of my 2011’s and customer service has always been good for me. 

Edited by Atlas33

• 3 weeks later...

I just switched to the EG after using the Alpha-X for years. I was absolutely frustrated with the DAA. For a while i was forced to use a muzzle support bc if the gun doesnt sit perfect or come out perfectly straight, it catches and hangs up so you are trying to fight to get it out. I though maybe it was the balance of the gun but i recently got a different Open gun that was completely different and it was doing the same thing. Not so much during dry fire or practice bc for the most part i was standing straight and erect but during matches where you are in different start positions, it was an issue. Nothing like fighting your gun when the start position is hands on walls and its a retreat off the rip. 

8 hours ago, Bravo_Victor said:

I just switched to the EG after using the Alpha-X for years. I was absolutely frustrated with the DAA. For a while i was forced to use a muzzle support bc if the gun doesnt sit perfect or come out perfectly straight, it catches and hangs up so you are trying to fight to get it out. I though maybe it was the balance of the gun but i recently got a different Open gun that was completely different and it was doing the same thing. Not so much during dry fire or practice bc for the most part i was standing straight and erect but during matches where you are in different start positions, it was an issue. Nothing like fighting your gun when the start position is hands on walls and its a retreat off the rip. 

Dude that's exactly what I'm fighting with now on my flex, seems if you're not exactly perfect on the draw stroke then it binds and makes me wanna throw it as far as I can

Posted (edited)
On 10/16/2022 at 10:30 PM, szhttm said:

New updated Limited / Open race holster:

Good Luck and Be Safe!!!

😎

No further love for this from anyone?    I am swayed by everyone raving over the Everglades, but that multi-screw positional adjustment mechanism looks like a gigantic pain.   On the face of it the BSG looks really nice and a it's lot less expensive than the Everglades.

Edited by LMS

21 minutes ago, LMS said:

No further love for this from anyone?    I am swayed by everyone raving over the Everglades, but that multi-screw positional adjustment mechanism looks like a gigantic pain.   On the face of it the BSG looks really and a it's lot less expensive than the Everglades.

The Everglades is super easy to set up and maintain. Do not fear! You will love it. Black Scorpion isn’t even close. And yes, I tried one. 

7 hours ago, Posvar said:

The Everglades is super easy to set up and maintain. Do not fear! You will love it. Black Scorpion isn’t even close. And yes, I tried one. 

This. All i did was loosen all of them a little, grab the pistol and position it where i need and tightened 2 or 3 screws with the other hand so it didnt move. Then i took the belt off and tightened the rest. Actually very easy

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Runswithwood1 said:

Dude that's exactly what I'm fighting with now on my flex, seems if you're not exactly perfect on the draw stroke then it binds and makes me wanna throw it as far as I can

Yup and considering most of the time we start with our bodies canted and leaning and hands sometimes are in weird positions, you can almost never get that perfect straight up and down draw. I wanted to break my s#!t on the last retreat stage where hands started on the wall lol

Edited by Bravo_Victor

52 minutes ago, Bravo_Victor said:

Yup and considering most of the time we start with our bodies canted and leaning and hands sometimes are in weird positions, you can almost never get that perfect straight up and down draw. I wanted to break my s#!t on the last retreat stage where hands started on the wall lol

Haha I hear ya, my flex started out great but the more times we had to start in a weird position the less I liked it. I'm really leaning towards the everglades mrh at this point, the double alpha flex has rubbed all the finish off my trigger guard at this point

5 hours ago, Runswithwood1 said:

Haha I hear ya, my flex started out great but the more times we had to start in a weird position the less I liked it. I'm really leaning towards the everglades mrh at this point, the double alpha flex has rubbed all the finish off my trigger guard at this point

I would like to know about a holster that does not, sooner or later, affect your finish.

The MRH is not immune.

8 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Did you disassemble it to get the heat shrink on? I use small strips of clear heavy duty packing tape and it’s great. 

Yes, I removed the two rollers to get a perfect fit/trim on the tubing.  IIRC, it was only 1 screw for each.

Easy mod!

Shrink Wrap.png

22 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

Yes, I removed the two rollers to get a perfect fit/trim on the tubing.  IIRC, it was only 1 screw for each.

Easy mod!

Shrink Wrap.png

I’m gonna order it! The 1/2” size you recommended looks perfect. 

1 hour ago, HOGRIDER said:

And you can get it in red for the gucci factor!     Just wondering if there was any reason you went with shrink wrap vs rubber?    Seems like the rubber would stay softer (vs how shrink wrap gets hard after applying heat to it).

5 minutes ago, LMS said:

And you can get it in red for the gucci factor!     Just wondering if there was any reason you went with shrink wrap vs rubber?    Seems like the rubber would stay softer (vs how shrink wrap gets hard after applying heat to it).

Wouldn’t rubber add more diameter?