Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&B Small pistol Primers

mtwain56

In my test S&B primers are decently harder than most primers. They will run with the stock firing pin spring, unsure of any reduced power springs. That said, I don't feel confident in the reliability of a Glock swapping out springs that aren't the recoil spring or connector.

Used tens of thousands in several Sig P320's. Stock striker/spring. No problems.

Used several hundred in a stock Glock 42. No problems.

I long for the days when you could get 1K for $18.99 or whatever it was back when Cabela's had them on sale. 

(It was Cabela's wasn't it? Hazy memory but not that long ago...)

On 7/15/2021 at 8:00 PM, mtwain56 said:

I thinking about using a reduced power firing pin spring in a stock G17 with my own reloads with S&B Primers. I'm wondering how they compare in hardness to Federal SPP's.

When I was using S&B's, I was able to go down to a 4.5lb striker spring in my Glocks.  Any lower and I'd get an occasional FTF.

On 7/16/2021 at 10:33 PM, ddc said:

Used tens of thousands in several Sig P320's. Stock striker/spring. No problems.

Used several hundred in a stock Glock 42. No problems.

I long for the days when you could get 1K for $18.99 or whatever it was back when Cabela's had them on sale. 

(It was Cabela's wasn't it? Hazy memory but not that long ago...)

Yes, the good old days...I remember I got them the very cheapest at $17.99 when they had some kind of sale, and I had quite some Cabela Club points on my card, so I took them home for free...wish I could get them now for $30/k. Never had an issue with them.

I use S&B SPP regularly. I was that person who bought a lot more when they were cheap, lol. They're definitely less sensitive than Federal and Winchester primers. In my opinion they're a near perfect replacement for CCI in terms of sensitivity but YMMV.

• 2 weeks later...