BritinUSA

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, -JCN- said:

Does this will allow magnets that aren’t associated with pouches?

The rule now reads:

"Each magazine must be contained individually within the magazine pouch. Magazines may not be retained through magnetic means."

There is no guidance other than that, so I'd think a standalone magnet is fine as long as it's by itself on the belt and not attached to another pouch.

4 minutes ago, matteekay said:

The rule now reads:

"Each magazine must be contained individually within the magazine pouch. Magazines may not be retained through magnetic means."

There is no guidance other than that, so I'd think a standalone magnet is fine as long as it's by itself on the belt and not attached to another pouch.

Just now, DirkD said:

a magnet would be a individually contained pouch as long as just one mag is on it I think.

Unless they consider a magnet not a pouch because it doesn’t encircle the magazine?

1 minute ago, -JCN- said:

Unless they consider a magnet not a pouch because it doesn’t encircle the magazine?

There is no definition of "pouch" in the rulebook. They would have to add that requirement.

2 minutes ago, -JCN- said:

i don't think it has to encircle the mag, but I am sure some RO's and MD's will try to bump people to Open over it

Great changes.  Functionally it allows shooters to bring their EDC gear and run it as is without having to register in open.  It'll allow Carry optics to really live up to its namesake.  Though I do sort of wish they kept the mag pouch restriction for production, at least. It added a little more challenge.

If the same gear for USPSA is supposed to be allowed in Steel Challenge, will these rule changes be carried over to that rulebook?

REALLY don't want two rigs for two sports that are supposed to allow the same gear.

BC

17 minutes ago, DaveM said:

Ok so who wants to go in business with me making the heaviest damn weapons light on the market. We’ll call it Schuetzen Glocken.

12 lumens, but heavy as a mule!!

I don't love this change for that reason, but it is what it is. I'm certain a light is in my production gun future. New holster too. Ugh. 

"Allowing the use of a functional mounted light to a firearm that meets division weight and size limit otherwise will allow those members to compete in a division where their firearm is most competitive."

For production, you still need to fit within the "BOX", which means you can't really run a a light that's too long and you can't exceed the weight limit.  

31 minutes ago, cheby said:

All these rule changes inevitably bring us to a question why there are different divisions?

Because the guns are different?

You certainly can't think that moving some mag pouches and holsters around negates an Open gun's technical and scoring advantages.

Or do you?

56 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

So it looks like you can position your gear anywhere on the belt now? For any division?

I'm confused by this. Rule changes say

o App. D4, D5, D7, Item 12 – Removed reference to App. E3

and

o App. E3 – Deleted bottom diagram showing equipment position in relation to hip bones

"Deleted bottom diagram" ... I assume that means the top diagram is still in place which says "foremost limit for gun... behind the hip bone"

Can someone explain? why leave the top diagram at all?

image.thumb.png.367033a8ec1ea386004e11a7c8ef06bf.png

Edited by Raztain

2 minutes ago, Raztain said:

and

o App. E3 – Deleted bottom diagram showing equipment position in relation to hip bones

"Deleted bottom diagram" ... I assume that means the top diagram is still in place which says "foremost limit for gun... behind the hip bone"

Can someone explain?

You're assuming the highlighted wording is part of the upper illustration.  I would not make that assumption.

Maybe wait and see what the new E3 looks like.

5 minutes ago, Raztain said:

and

Can someone explain?

"Appendix D4, D5, and D7 line 12 Change to 'NO' 'Restriction on position of equipment...NO'"

The BOD removed the entire restriction on Line 12 including 5.2.7.2 and Appendix E3.