Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking To Start in CO Division


Flea
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sig X-Series weighted grip, Gray Gun competition trigger, and Gray Ghost Precision slide with a DeltaPoint Pro.  Good setup.  The GGP slide is light. That's something to consider if you are use to a heavier gun.

Edited by jwhittin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CZ Shadow 2 with Cajun gun work internals by Fire4Effect. Love it, would buy another if I needed to start all over again. Took about 1.5-2 months to build however. Just put in a new 11.5lb hammer spring and it reduced the double action by a decent amount and so far haven’t had any problem igniting CCI primers over the past 5-600 rounds.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LuvDog said:

Shadow 2 milled by CZ Custom for their RDS Plate.  Sent to CJ Maven for his tuning package.  Right now, running Vortex Venom, but am switching to an SRO that I picked up.

 

Does it make sense to get the optics ready CZ Shadow 2 or do what you did?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since it was a package deal it ended up being a couple hundred dollars cheaper than buying everything separately and doing the work myself, and I think the optics ready is more expensive from the factory. The optics ready also wasn’t out when I bought mine. I would prefer the optics ready one however because then you can buy different optics plates so you’re not stuck with only one choice for optics. As of now I’m stuck with the DPP as my slide is milled specifically for that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Flea said:

 

Does it make sense to get the optics ready CZ Shadow 2 or do what you did?

 

The factory OR wasn't an option when I did mine, and rules were also different and it needed lightening.

 

I like my setup and like the slide cuts.  Since I went with the CZ Custom setup, I can easily change plates for different optics or even get their plate with a rear sight.

 

 I suppose if you're worried about resale, then getting the factory version is the way to go.

 

If I wanted to do it today... I'd look for a used S2 at a good price that is either already milled or cheap enough that getting it milled makes sense.

If I couldn't find a killer deal on a used S2, then I'd get the OR.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I was going back to a Shadow 2 I'd definitely just look for the factory OR version.

I had a Shadow 2 slide milled by CZC and wouldn't go that route again.

With basically all the factory optic ready options being available/legal under the rules there's really no reason to have something custom milled anymore. The only reason to do it before was because USPSA rules forced it to be able to use some guns.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, robchavous said:

With basically all the factory optic ready options being available/legal under the rules there's really no reason to have something custom milled anymore.

Sure there is.  There are several pistols I'd rather shoot that don't come optics ready.

 

Shadow 1 comes to mind.  So is the P-09.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Sure there is.  There are several pistols I'd rather shoot that don't come optics ready.

 

Shadow 1 comes to mind.  So is the P-09.

 

Another option is to use a dovetail plate.  I have CZC and Henning plates for the SP01.  Both work fine. 

 

If you're going to have the slide machined, CMore tells us it isn't a good idea to have it machined for a "snug" fit back to front.  Looks nice, but the slide batters the scope more if it's touching back and front.  They say to leave a little room in the cut and let the screws and locating pins hold the scope in place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, teros135 said:

If you're going to have the slide machined, CMore tells us it isn't a good idea to have it machined for a "snug" fit back to front.  Looks nice, but the slide batters the scope more if it's touching back and front.  They say to leave a little room in the cut and let the screws and locating pins hold the scope in place.

 

I wonder why and how they came to that conclusion.  The forces acting on the sight are the same no matter what.  I wonder if their concern is that the sight body might be placed in a bind when the alignment between the cut's outline and the recoil bosses and screw holes is less than perfectly square.

 

Edited by SGT_Schultz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SGT_Schultz said:

 

I wonder why and how they came to that conclusion.  The forces acting on the sight are the same no matter what.  I wonder if their concern is that the sight body might be placed in a bind when the alignment between the cut's outline and the recoil bosses and screw holes is less than perfectly square.

 

 

I guess you could call and ask 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
I wonder why and how they came to that conclusion.  The forces acting on the sight are the same no matter what.  I wonder if their concern is that the sight body might be placed in a bind when the alignment between the cut's outline and the recoil bosses and screw holes is less than perfectly square.
 



I haven’t taken apart a c-more, but examining the DPP, it appears that the base of the sight is isolated from the body of the sight. If I had to guess, this prevents the electronics from being rigidly coupled to the slide. This prompted me to allow about .010” of clearance front and back, and rely on the four posts to locate the sight. I left a small radius at the bottom of the posts to provide a zero tolerance fit with the pockets on the sight base.

I’ll let you know in 10k rounds how it holds up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...