Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking To Start in CO Division

Flea

Wouldn't work with Sig Romeos, no posts

No kidding? Just a smooth bottom with two screws holding it down? Awfully bold of Sig to rely 100% on friction to keep zero on their factory mounts. I’ll have to take a look at one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, terrapin said:

examining the DPP, it appears that the base of the sight is isolated from the body of the sight. If I had to guess, this prevents the electronics from being rigidly coupled to the slide. This prompted me to allow about .010” of clearance front and back, and rely on the four posts to locate the sight

That makes sense.  So much for those machine shops touting a "zero clearance" fit between the body and the cut knowing what they're doing.

That makes sense.  So much for those machine shops touting a "zero clearance" fit between the body and the cut knowing what they're doing.

I wonder if this has caused some of the issues with certain sights. I have friends that work in engineering at Leupold. I will ask them what their testing has shown.

2 hours ago, terrapin said:

I wonder if this has caused some of the issues with certain sights. I have friends that work in engineering at Leupold. I will ask them what their testing has shown.

Certainly ask and let us know.

Gunsmiths and machinists are rarely also engineers so what seems like common sense/good idea to them is sometimes a huge mistake.

Certainly ask and let us know.

Gunsmiths and machinists are rarely also engineers so what seems like common sense/good idea to them is sometimes a huge mistake.

I’m all three, and I make plenty of huge mistakes... :)

CZ Shadow milled by CZ Custom and they're plates.   Currently have a jpoint optic on it.
The Optics ready CZ Shadow 2 would not make weight in IDPA...if you care about that.  Plenty of guys will take a S2 and after the optics cut and a little extra milling get it light enough to be IDPA legal.

On 7/9/2020 at 11:42 PM, HCH said:

G17 with a dovetail mounted FF3 when I shot CO. Back to irons for me... for now. 

How did the dovetail mount work out? Which mounting plate did you use? EGW, etc....

Did the FF3 work reliably?

Did it sit high? Could you get it to zero reliably?

On 7/10/2020 at 7:44 AM, LuvDog said:

Shadow 2 milled by CZ Custom for their RDS Plate.  Sent to CJ Maven for his tuning package.  Right now, running Vortex Venom, but am switching to an SRO that I picked up.

Did the trigger work include the short reset disconnector installation?

I had him do the Villain trigger package on my SP-01 and I’m very happy with the results. I didn’t have him do the short reset disconnector and don’t know how much of a difference it would make. But,  I’m considering sending my Shadow 2 for work in the future.

1 hour ago, Stafford said:

Did the trigger work include the short reset disconnector installation?

I had him do the Villain trigger package on my SP-01 and I’m very happy with the results. I didn’t have him do the short reset disconnector and don’t know how much of a difference it would make. But,  I’m considering sending my Shadow 2 for work in the future.

Yes.. he said he usually does the CZC Short disconnector for S2s, but he prefers to leave the factory hammer

5 hours ago, Stafford said:

How did the dovetail mount work out? Which mounting plate did you use? EGW, etc....

Did the FF3 work reliably?

Did it sit high? Could you get it to zero reliably?

I had the Burris mount. 

FF3 worked fine. I banged the first one around in the truck and broke the emitter lens. Burris sent another one no questions. 

Never had an issue with height or zero. 

• 3 weeks later...