Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA shooting sports behavior

Just now, usmc1974 said:

Is this not America anymore?

I expect American citizens to be able to voice their opinions about the US as they are a citizen of it and pay taxes into it.

You are are neither a member of USPSA nor do you pay the fee.

3 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

You know I know I'm not all that important to USPSA but I was told a long time ago by the president of USPSA without a b c and d shooters that be no USPSA

They are... because they pay their membership fee. That president was literally talking about dues paid into the org and who makes up most of it.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

You know I know I'm not all that important to USPSA but I was told a long time ago by the president of USPSA without a b c and d shooters that be no USPSA

The president of USPSA agrees that people should be allowed the stage to themselves before they are up to shoot... as did the one before this one and the one before him. 

It helps people not get stuck in A, B, C, and D class for 3 decades. 

Edited by mikeg1005

I see all these comments all I can say guys, is if shooting is that important to you and you really think you're that good! Do what I did spend a few years in the United States Marine Corps. Of course you don't get walkthroughs or the place to yourself but it'll tell you how good you really are and you're serving your country.

Edited by usmc1974

3 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

I see all these comments all I can say is if shooting is that important to you and you really think you're that good! Do what I did spend a few years in the United States Marine Corps. Of course you don't get walkthroughs or the place to yourself but it'll tell you how good you really are and you're serving your country.

Nice swerve. The corp has little to do with pistols. But thanks for your service.

3 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

Nice swerve. The corp has little to do with pistols. But thanks for your service.

Well OK but what PPC? and USPSA 3 gun.

Edited by usmc1974

6 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

I see all these comments all I can say guys, is if shooting is that important to you and you really think you're that good! Do what I did spend a few years in the United States Marine Corps. Of course you don't get walkthroughs or the place to yourself but it'll tell you how good you really are and you're serving your country.

Just now, usmc1974 said:

Well OK but what PPC? and USPSA 3 gun.

The military sucks at shooting... is the exact words that come out of 4 close friends of mine who like you also enjoy eating crayons.  

11 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

Oh and I forgot to mention one thing the targets get to shoot back.

1 minute ago, mikeg1005 said:

The military sucks at shooting... is the exact words that come out of 4 close friends of mine who like you also enjoy eating crayons.  

Well there you go join the Marine Corps and show him how it's done.

The responses in this thread answer your question for you and should not surprise you.

This question alone answered your original question; "Would I be correct in guessing that you're below A class in rank and shoot this sport 'for fun'?"

A sport is for "fun." You can probably count the number of "paid professionals" in this sport that make a decent living from it on both hands with fingers to spare. Some competitors take it "more seriously" than others and therein lies some of the friction.

2 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

Well there you go join the Marine Corps and show him how it's done.

I shoot competition for fun and have 0 interest in joining the military.  Shooting cardboard and going to war are worlds apart.   If you want to hang your hat on "I was in the military therefore my opinion on shooting matters" then that's fine and I thank you for making that sacrifice but it makes it just that... your opinion and not something credible on how to shoot a game. 

38 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

This topic started as a discussion of match attendees, IN GENERAL.

This has gotten way too specific about individuals.

Let's get back on track or this will get closed down.

Thanks...

Thanks and my apologies. I did enjoy the debate, right up to the point where are they, started insulting or boys and girls in uniform who are willing to lay down their life to keep America free and strong. But are not willing to join them. Over a game. I'm sorry I helped get it's sidetracked and I will leave the thread.

Edited by usmc1974

Getting back on point of topic.

Sounds to me like it is regional. We shoot all of the USPSA matches in the Houston metro area (5-6 different clubs) and see none of this. We have some of the best shooters from GM on down. Everyone is treated equally. Sure you see an occasional temper tantrum, but that is a product of sports in general. Sure some don't reset and treat the match as a social outing. We all have egos, but most leave them in the parking lot. We all make mistakes and screw up stages. Some shoot for fun, some are super serious. It all good.

With all the different matches available, if you don't like the way they are run or the shooters in general, don't go. Being able to squad on PS we tend to pick the matches we like & squad mates that we know and are comfortable shooting with. 

gerritm

3 hours ago, StealthyBlagga said:

IMHO, the greatest virtue of PractiScore is that it gives each shooter the ability to self-squad. If there is someone you can't abide, be sure to pick a different squad next time - problem solved. As mentioned above, if you can't find a squad you like, the problem is probably you :roflol:

Truer words!!!  And if you really want a reality check, enter a local match early and pick an empty squad, then see how fast it fills up.

Nolan

3 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

Thanks and my apologies. I did enjoy the debate, right up to the point where are they, started insulting or boys and girls in uniform who are willing to lay down their life to keep America free and strong. But are not willing to join them. Over a game. I'm sorry I helped get it's sidetracked and I will leave the thread.

I don't see anything insulting, just that they are two different beasts. USPSA is all about speed and accuracy while running around a predetermined course of fire, war is well, war.

Back on topic, I think around here the M and GMs are great and super friendly. When. I started shooting a few years ago the local M and GMs were the ones that could tell I was new and shared some advice here and there. I do enjoy the social aspect of it and regularly squad with a few people I know. Some day maybe I'll have the time to practice and be more focused on success but for now I just enjoy getting outside and shooting.

5 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

Nice non-sequitur.....

Lots of people here, me included, have already served

Edited by SGT_Schultz

I just sign up in practiscore and try and hit squad 1.  all the people i started shooting with dont shoot anymore, so i basically go and shoot and paste on my own.  i have friendly chatter with those on my squad but thats about it. rarely do i shoot more than a match or two on the same squad. with the same people. 

frankly i dont even care is someone wants to act like a dickhead.  I shoot to improve my own skills. not be justified by the presence of others. i work on the skills that i see need improvement and i view every match as a chance to improve.