Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA shooting sports behavior

I guess what comes into play is that if people haven’t heard of you because of your skill but have heard you because of something else

Guess what?....

On another note. I shoot at PTPC, it is admittedly a weak club skill wise. A GM or M cruises through but it’s mostly lower level, casual shooters. If you go shoot with Max or Mike at Alpha, there’s gonna be more GM’s than the alphabet guys. They are serious, they are there to get better.

Honestly, unless you are looking to improve, stay out of their way.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, chgofirefighter said:

On that's interesting, it's always a compliment to have others talk behind your back because in actuality they will never share their feelings with you in person.  People are entitled to think and do as they wish, that's whats freedom is all about.  We all experience our fair share of negativity, it's part of life.  Focus on the positive and move forward~ Jealousy, envy and hatred is poison to the heart and soul, so I prefer not to drink from that poisonous behavior or attitude. 

I paid the price to serve my country both in the military and civil service, and what others think, do or say is not my concern because none have walked in my shoes. 

A simple Google search of your name verified everything that was mentioned.

12 hours ago, B_Seehawer said:

Honestly, unless you are looking to improve, stay out of their way.

I'm a B class hacker, but a few of the guys I shoot with are solid GM's with some impressive wins behind them.

I do not know what "stay out of their way" means relative to our sport. The GM's do not ask for anything special, they do want the same courtesies everybody else wants.  

3 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

I'm a B class hacker, but a few of the guys I shoot with are solid GM's with some impressive wins behind them.

I do not know what "stay out of their way" means relative to our sport. The GM's do not ask for anything special, they do want the same courtesies everybody else wants.  

You have never met Mike. Never seen anyone ***Slide GM Card*** more to get into sold out matches or to show up late. 🤣

18 hours ago, Joe4d said:

So you expect private walk through time ? What part of the rule book supports that ?

No.  When I am the shooter that is up to shoot.  You know when everyone else is supposed to be scoring/pasting/filling mags and a guy that is 2-3 spots away from shooting decides to go ahead and air gun the stage when it is supposed to be mine to prepare for my run.

18 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Based on driving in your part of the world (If Chicago drivers trigger fingers are as fast as their middle fingers they must throw awesome splits) there might be a local aspect to it. 

Stop camping in the left lane.. it solves 98% of all driving issues people have with IL drivers. 

15 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

a guy that is 2-3 spots away from shooting decides to go ahead and air gun the stage

when it is supposed to be mine to prepare for my run.

It's just my opinion and what you described has never bothered me.  because there is no time when it's "supposed to be all yours". And if you ain't prepared to run the stage after you've seen three or four Shooters, shoot the stage, and surely did some walkthroughs when you arrived on the stage. You probably never going to be prepared to shoot the stage. Not trying to offend and like I said it's just my opinion.

What I mean is that they are there to practice, get better, and push each other. If you are there to socialize and gab instead of working and shooting, stay out of their way. They aren’t there because it’s a social hobby.

4 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:there is no time when it's "supposed to be all yours".

Hmm... I would have to disagree. When stage is being reset and scored and I’m up next the stage should be all mine . 

8 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

You probably never going to be prepared to shoot the stage. Not trying to offend and like I said it's just my opinion.

Would I be correct in guessing that you're below A class in rank and shoot this sport 'for fun'? 

39 minutes ago, mikeg1005 said:

Would I be correct in guessing that you're below A class in rank and shoot this sport 'for fun'? 

Yes you would be correct. High B working on A, back when I was actually a paid member for many years. Rarely did I get to take home to Pink Cadillac. Does this make me and my money less important?

Edited by usmc1974

5 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

Does this make me and my money less important?

Not at all.  Just makes your opinion less relevant because of your lack of understanding the purpose of walk thrus/how to best utilize them. 

8 minutes ago, mikeg1005 said:

Not at all.  Just makes your opinion less relevant because of your lack of understanding the purpose of walk thrus/how to best utilize them. 

No I understand the importance of walkthroughs completely like I said been shooting since 1982 before the even was USPSA. How many times do you need to walk through a stage that is going to take less than a minute to shoot? before you have any confidence in your ability? 

Edited by usmc1974

2 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

No I understand the importance of walkthroughs completely like I said been shooting since 1982 before the even was USPSA. How many times do you need to walk through a stage that is going to take less than a minute to shoot? before you have any confidence in your ability? Kind of borders on incompetence. Mental preparation is just as important as physical preparation.

The answer to your question is more than  "And if you ain't prepared to run the stage after you've seen three or four Shooters, shoot the stage, and surely did some walkthroughs when you arrived on the stage. You probably never going to be prepared to shoot the stage." as you stated above lol. 

Just now, mikeg1005 said:

The answer to your question is more than  "And if you ain't prepared to run the stage after you've seen three or four Shooters, shoot the stage, and surely did some walkthroughs when you arrived on the stage. You probably never going to be prepared to shoot the stage." as you stated above lol. 

Exactly.

IMHO, the greatest virtue of PractiScore is that it gives each shooter the ability to self-squad. If there is someone you can't abide, be sure to pick a different squad next time - problem solved. As mentioned above, if you can't find a squad you like, the problem is probably you :roflol:

Edited by StealthyBlagga

2 minutes ago, StealthyBlagga said:

IMHO the greatest virtue of PractiScore is that it gives each shooter the ability to self-squad. If there is someone you can't abide, be sure to pick a different squad next time. Problem solved. As mentioned above, if you can't find a squad you like, the problem is probably you :roflol:

You're a hundred percent correct that's why I stay away from primadonnas and people who think they're important and don't know that is just a game, and need the place to themselves lol

Just now, usmc1974 said:

You're a hundred percent correct that's why I stay away from primadonnas and people who think they're important and don't know that is just a game, and need the place to themselves lol

You sure have a lot of opinions for a guy who isnt a USPSA member.

1 minute ago, Maximis228 said:

I like when B class shooters tell guys on who were given slots for world shoot how to mentally attack this game. This is some peak enos stuff right here.

+1 for thread drift. 🤣

You know I know I'm not all that important to USPSA but I was told a long time ago by the president of USPSA without a b c and d shooters that be no USPSA