Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is it really dead?

Luv2rideWV

A few local shooters put their 8 shots away a few weeks per year dust off their 6 shot revolvers and shoot a few local match's. The top revolver shooters still score in the upper 50% bracket even though most or our local matches are set up for Limited shooters.  

Almost no,

last years Nationals there was 1 shooter running Major, he did placed 10th so it isn't impossible to be somewhat competitive, locally we have a decent group of regular revo competitors about 4 or 5 a month and only get 1 major shooter a couple times a year. 

36 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

Almost no,

last years Nationals there was 1 shooter running Major, he did placed 10th so it isn't impossible to be somewhat competitive, locally we have a decent group of regular revo competitors about 4 or 5 a month and only get 1 major shooter a couple times a year. 

He placed 10th, and he’s one of only 2 people to ever win that match with a major gun. That should say a lot. 

1 hour ago, MikeBurgess said:

Almost no,

And that is only because the two local major revolver shooters that I know (one a vintage Model 25 that he bought just prior to the change (oops) and the other a 625 that I sold him years ago) are two damn cheap and hard-headed to invest in an 8-shot minor revolver! 🤣

42 minutes ago, Whitefish said:

And that is only because the two local major revolver shooters that I know (one a vintage Model 25 that he bought just prior to the change (oops) and the other a 625 that I sold him years ago) are two damn cheap and hard-headed to invest in an 8-shot minor revolver! 🤣

Minor pays for itself quickly. The argument of having to buy everything and it’s cost never held any weight once numbers actually started to be put to it. 

I shoot my 625s locally with other revo shooters for good practice but at Matches where there are other 8 shot revo shooters, I bring out my 627 to be competitive.

I started USPSA in 1988 with a S&W model 14 38 Special 6 shot that I shot PPC with. I was almost always the only revo unless we were shooting Steel Challenge type matches.

At 66 I shoot for fun. If it is not fun anymore I have other hobbies that are fun!

1 hour ago, Whitefish said:

so true

3 hours ago, EEH said:

If you really want to know if it’s dead, just try to sell one, you’ll get your feelings hurt.

If anyone has a 5” 625 for sale post it on the forum classifieds,I know of two shooters that are looking for one.

Revolver is a very lightly attended division in most places. If your closest competitor is 10% away from you, it doesn't matter what you shoot. Just shoot what you enjoy, and whatever you're motivated to practice with.

--
Pat Jones
Firestone CO
USPSA #A79592

I shoot ipsc with my 686 and speedloaders I'm usually the only one shooting  revolver  some times I get another revolver shooter but there shooting 8 shots which I dont care I'm shooting it for me and for fun

I live in Northern Utah over  the last few years the number of revolver shooters has increased. We had five revolver shooters at our last USPSA match, should have 6 at our next, whenever that may be. Each of us need to introduce the shooters around us to Revolvers. I am always ready to loan an interested shooter a gun and holster for them to try. 

On 3/26/2020 at 10:02 AM, Whitefish said:

Hey! I resent/resemble that remark.

On 3/26/2020 at 2:04 PM, 357454 said:

If anyone has a 5” 625 for sale post it on the forum classifieds,I know of two shooters that are looking for one.

Yes but are they going to be willing to pay what you're going to ask for it?

On 3/26/2020 at 11:45 AM, MWP said:

Minor pays for itself quickly. The argument of having to buy everything and it’s cost never held any weight once numbers actually started to be put to it. 

???

Difference in reloading cost is about $20.00/1000.

Investment in 9mm (holster + moon clips + grip + tuning + extra odds and ends) = + - $1400

So it looks like you break even at 70,000 rounds?