Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People still waiting on Honchos...

avastcosmicarena

16 minutes ago, Robertwil18 said:

Just placed an order for Honcho #2.  You will really love it once you get your hands on it.  Understand things are running a bit behind due to coronavirus, and unforseen issues, but I have no doubt they are getting them back and finished as fast as they can given the circumstances.  Be patient and you will be rewarded.  

A “bit behind” is an understatement. Some of us are twice the quoted time. I’m being patient. Just wish I had an eta. 

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Robertwil18 said:

Just placed an order for Honcho #2.  You will really love it once you get your hands on it.  Understand things are running a bit behind due to coronavirus, and unforseen issues, but I have no doubt they are getting them back and finished as fast as they can given the circumstances.  Be patient and you will be rewarded.  

How long did they say the current wait is?

15 hours ago, Robertwil18 said:

The website didn't have a lead time.  I'm guessing 6 months.  If i get it sooner, great!  

Yeah, i'm assuming 5-6 months. If its longer than so be it. 3 Gunners aren't whiners, or we'd never ever stop whining. Because our sport is ridiculous haha (for real though, no haha).

Other custom guns I have ordered also went well past stated lead times. My whiskey stills were a year late and that was a $300k contract. My time on a custom banjo wait list went a year past the original date AND then the build time went well over too. And none of those were during a pandemic freakout and economic dumpster fire!

Well update, it appears that my order is attach to few others (12-13) according to them, coating give them a firm date of June 3rd or sooner for mine, not sure about the others.

So i am thinking a week after that.....puts order around 28 weeks. let see if the calculations will come true.

1 hour ago, Divejay said:

Well update, it appears that my order is attach to few others (12-13) according to them, coating give them a firm date of June 3rd or sooner for mine, not sure about the others.

So i am thinking a week after that.....puts order around 28 weeks. let see if the calculations will come true.

What color is yours?  Would be nice if mine was in that group too, But I’ve not gotten an update since may 7. 

19 hours ago, Carry9shoot40 said:

I heard about a locking block crack, I hope that doesn't become a trend.

Any credible details? Open major? Load? Spring rate?

18 minutes ago, Carry9shoot40 said:

Not my gun to comment on so no I won't say anything, but it's a fact. 

Think about what you just typed.....

27 minutes ago, japarker82 said:

Why bring it up?  If your not going to provide details. 

Sounds like he knows something but  he doesn’t want to be taken as “bashing’ a brand I’m guessing. 

These forums are great and offer place for us to learn. I’m not saying there was anything wrong with the pistol he bought, but if there is something wrong or we have a bad experience with any pistol, we can’t share it here without being accused of trashing or bashing a brand. I bought a well known brand several years ago and it was complete crap..I had to send to another gunsmith and spend over a grand to make it even shoot. I thought others should know before they spent their money so I stated the facts and only the facts along with everything that was wrong with it...I got hammered with fans boys and mods closed thread..I currently setting here with another bad customer service experience from another well known company that brags on their custom service, but I dare  not share my experience because I’d be hammered again..I’m not talking about Honcho either..

Edited by falconpilot

Sounds more like dissemination of information, rather than "brand bashing". People get so wrapped up in their brand loyalties that they get personally offended if someone says something negative about the brand of pistol that they shoot. 

I compete with the same STI that I carry on duty. I like the gun and it's been good to me, but I understand that not everyone has had the same experience with the company. STI gets slammed all the time here, but it doesn't affect me any. I'm not a shareholder, and my gun still guns great. It seems like bashing a major manufacture is acceptable, but having a negative opinion about a custom gun maker with an otherwise good reputation is unacceptable. I don't mind hearing someone's negative personal experience  about the product. It makes future buyers make a more educated purchase. That said, I would prefer to hear of someone's negative experience from the horses mouth, rather than second or third hand info.

To get back on topic... Yes, I too am patiently waiting on my Honcho!

16 hours ago, Carry9shoot40 said:

It’s not my gun dude so no I’m not commenting any farther. 

I’m at 23 weeks. 
If there’s an issue I’d really like to know about it. How about a PM

On 5/28/2020 at 9:26 PM, Carry9shoot40 said:

I heard about a locking block crack, I hope that doesn't become a trend.

One failure is not a trend.  I have seen practically every gun builder have issues at some point with a part or gun, overall. Statistically, one is an anomaly.  Kinda throwing a grenade out there with no verifiable information.  If anybody on here that has a Honcho speak up if they had a crack in their locking block.  

1 hour ago, JJB05 said:

Kinda throwing a grenade out there with no verifiable information. 

Otherwise known as farting in a crowded room, then leaving; you cause a stink and leave without owning up to the poo you caused.