Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People still waiting on Honchos...

avastcosmicarena

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, muncie21 said:

If anyone's interested, here's a picture of how the locking block and barrel ft together.  I cannot comment on the design, but functionality wise, shoots very flat.

IMG_1214.thumb.JPG.e418b2acfd1a771c68c91a4561fe2dd0.JPG

So basically, when the barrel links down, nearly all the force is exerted on the forward tip of that arm in the center, which acts as a lever.  That, in turn, transfers maximum force to the radius that's adjacent to the hole in the center, which is the thinnest, weakest point on the part.  

On 6/5/2020 at 8:37 PM, RGC said:

I ordered 12/03/2019....think we are batched together.....hoping soon.

I talked to Tiffany, via email... She said that my build is on PO for being coated, we shall see how long that takes to be done.  6 months and counting, now I'm starting to wonder if I should've looked elsewhere for an open gun.  But like the saying goes, "all good things come to those who wait" the platform is very unique indeed... Can't wait!  

1 hour ago, ltdmstr said:

So basically, when the barrel links down, nearly all the force is exerted on the forward tip of that arm in the center, which acts as a lever.  That, in turn, transfers maximum force to the radius that's adjacent to the hole in the center, which is the thinnest, weakest point on the part.  

I'm no engineer, however the design reminds me of a glock,, with the Honcho's locking block being physically larger than that of the glock.  This arrangement seems to work OK for Glock. 

I'll keep an open mind until we start getting multiple reports of cracked Honcho locking blocks.

Edited by muncie21

44 minutes ago, chgofirefighter said:

I talked to Tiffany, via email... She said that my build is on PO for being coated, we shall see how long that takes to be done.  6 months and counting, now I'm starting to wonder if I should've looked elsewhere for an open gun.  But like the saying goes, "all good things come to those who wait" the platform is very unique indeed... Can't wait!  

This is what I’ve been told for the last 6 weeks. 

26 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

I'm no engineer, however the design reminds me of a glock,, with the Honcho's locking block being physically larger than that of the glock.  This arrangement seems to work OK for Glock. 

On the Glock, the ramped part that the barrel impacts is part of the frame block and is supported at the rear.  It may function the same in terms of how it locks and unlocks, but the design of the parts is very different.  Depending on the the force, the Honcho design might be fine.  But seeing how that one in the photo cracked is not a good sign.

1 hour ago, Divejay said:

Update Update Update.. got a call from my FFL, they got something  from Phoenix Trinity.. so 29 wks total. will pick up by tomorrow.

Great news.

I have been holding off shooting for 4 months and ready to go so this is good timing as mine is at 27 1/2 weeks ...

2 hours ago, Divejay said:

Update Update Update.. got a call from my FFL, they got something  from Phoenix Trinity.. so 29 wks total. will pick up by tomorrow.

I forget, what was the quoted build time? 

2 hours ago, japarker82 said:

Most of us had a quoted delivery way before covid kicked off.

Your build is 8 weeks past the quoted lead time. COVID restrictions have been in place longer than that. I understand that it is frustrating. But please don’t spread false information. If you need to go a different direction, I completely understand. Feel free to give me a call on Monday to discuss options.

On 6/12/2020 at 5:24 PM, Divejay said:

Any updates?

54 minutes ago, Divejay said:

Yes and it looks great, need to make time to test fire.

Get your butt to the range Mr! LOL

Been waiting for it for months - don't let it sit around for a few more before you get it out for a test drive

On 6/15/2020 at 8:50 PM, Divejay said:

Yes and it looks great, need to make time to test fire.

IMG_0810-2.jpg

Is this photo the pistol in the case it came in?  I don't believe they are shipping in the custom foam cut cases any longer.  

Current "quoted" lead time is around 22 weeks now.  

Someone asked on a FB post regarding the Father's Day sale.  Not unexpected given the backlog and Covid-19 craziness.  Looking forward to my next one being built and delivered.  The Honcho really is a great pistol. 

10 hours ago, Robertwil18 said:

Current "quoted" lead time is around 22 weeks now.  

Someone asked on a FB post regarding the Father's Day sale.  Not unexpected given the backlog and Covid-19 craziness.  Looking forward to my next one being built and delivered.  The Honcho really is a great pistol. 

I was quoted 12/14 weeks back in Dec 9, than Covid hit plus a the coating factory accident and things got extremely delayed...  I remain hopeful, and I can't wait to get mine.  6 months and counting :( I was told 2 weeks and that my build is being sent to coating, but???  Who knows at this time~ 😏