Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open holsters

moparnut88

Hi I've been running an older limcat holster for several years but am leary of being aggressive with it for fear of bumping it out. What holsters is everybody running? I tried a cr speed and didnt really like it. I had thought about adding a magnet to mine to add a little retention. Thnks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I started with a DAA RaceMaster and moved to an Alpha-X.  It is a comfortable holster with compromises.  I got tired customizing or changing blocks to accomodate different grips.  I went with an Everglades holster.  I had to make a very simple and quick mod to accommodate one of my guns, and now one holster works perfectly with my poly grip guns, all steel grip guns and my custom 1911 Open gun for SCSA. 

I started with a Racemaster and am now using an Alpha X. It seems to work pretty good but I also like to tinker so I think I might jump on the Everglades bandwagon after seeing a couple at nationals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using a Guga Ribas for my CZ open guns and a TSO in Limited.  I have a second holder that I just adjusted for a Atlas.  If the draw is not smooth with the Atlas I will be looking at ordering a Everglades.  A buddy of mine runs one and loves it.

39 minutes ago, zzt said:

a, I thought you were sticking with CZ for everything.

I was until I got curious about the 2011 platform and went in search of an Atlas Titan.  Found one pretty quickly on an old ad here and now I have more Limited guns than I need.  TS, TSO and an Atlas.  Of the 200 rounds that I have run through it so far, it is way ahead of the STI Edge that I had a few years ago.  The PT Evo grip that is on the gun makes it feel very familiar to the CZ grips with the contouring.

Edited by aandabooks

I really like the Universal Shooting Academy holster.  I switched from the cr speed.  Locks in well, and the draw is very smooth.  It has a very cool roller magnet set up.  I occasionally get it hung up when I'm not tidy and pull it forward a tad on the draw (not the holsters fault) but other than that it is fantastic.       

2 hours ago, coryf said:

I really like the Universal Shooting Academy holster.  I switched from the cr speed.  Locks in well, and the draw is very smooth.  It has a very cool roller magnet set up.  I occasionally get it hung up when I'm not tidy and pull it forward a tad on the draw (not the holsters fault) but other than that it is fantastic.       

Is the Universal Shooting Academy holster the same as the Everglades holster

56 minutes ago, rojo1911 said:

Is the Universal Shooting Academy holster the same as the Everglades holster

No.  The Universal came before.  Everglades was asked to copy it when no longer available.  There are differences.  For example, the Everglades requires modification for use with Cheely e2 grips.  The Universal does not.

CR Speed for me. I use their belt, mag pouches and holster for Open and Limited. Revolver it's their belt and holster. It's just bomb proof gear. The finger index on the mag pouches and easy adjustability are fantastic. The holster is very adjustable, super secure and once the lever is locked the gun isn't going to fall off the holster under any circumstances. Everyone has their favorite and I guess the division you shoot plays a role but buy once with CR Speed and move on. Best is a personal opinion, many manufacturers make high quality gear and CR Speed is one of them.