Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip enhancers

Bmans45

It’s hot in Tennessee now and I shot yesterday but suffered from wet hands . One guy I have shot with said he used pro grip . I am considering using using that but it made a mess of his gun . When I ask how hard it was to clean up he said he didn’t know he didn’t clean his gun very often. So what do you guys use and how does it clean up?  

I use the Pro Grip but use just enough (trial and error) versus some guys who put a huge amount in their palms. 

If I need to clean it off and I’ll clean it occasionally, I use 91% isopropyl alcohol and an old toothbrush to scrub it and blot it dry. Comes out clean enough. 

I just bought some Gripz from DAA.  It's good.  Doesn't leave any white residue on anything.  Still makes your hands white, but it doesn't seem to get on anything else.  Plus I think you get quite a bit more for the price.

23 minutes ago, clw42 said:

I just bought some Gripz from DAA.  It's good.  Doesn't leave any white residue on anything.  Still makes your hands white, but it doesn't seem to get on anything else.  Plus I think you get quite a bit more for the price.

In direct comparison to pro grip in humid Louisiana weather it works about half as well.

I mixed 50/50 pro grip and 91% isopropyl alcohol and it doesn’t leave a lot of the white residue on my grips. It’s a lot easier to clean my palms and saves me more money since a bottle lasts longer too.

Give it a try.

edit- just make sure you shake it very well prior to using it.

Edited by George16

Pro Grip will leave white residue on your gun.  Difficulty in removing it depends a lot on the grip itself.  My limited gun was both not very grippy and impossible to remove the Pro Grip from; I forget who did the texturing.  My first Pro Sx with a Bob grip, was a lot easier to clean.

You have to ask yourself whether you care about residue, so long as the solution works for you.  The only way I recall the ease of residue removal is from when I put them up for sale and wanted them to look purdy.

I stole an idea from a rock climbing friend I use something called

Metolius Eco Ball Alternative to chalk Leaves no trace on rock

like a tennis ball sized rosin bag without the white chalky dust.  

12 hours ago, lacivilian said:

In direct comparison to pro grip in humid Louisiana weather it works about half as well.

Very interesting.  We haven't had too much humidity yet so I haven't had the same experience.  Thanks for the heads up. 

I'm in Florida; I use Fast Grip and it works really well. Leaves white residue on hands but not on anything else. I see others using Pro Grip too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So I recently ran out of Liquid Grip and decided to try Pro Grip. Very first practice session last week my grip is covered in residue. Liquid grip never did that for me in the last 2 years of using it on variety of grip texture.

Residue doesn’t matter to me though so I’m going to keep testing the Pro Grip now as initial grip impression was good. They are cheap

enough, test them all or try a friends.

I use some liquid grip stuff that I bought at Academy. Works very well. Just use a few small drops before each stage. Seems like people use way too much of this stuff at one time. I didn’t have any white residue problems.