• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Laxman2809 said:

A week of dry firing for 30+ minutes everyday should get you to servicable.

Thanks! I’m looking to get a G17 mos. CO is gaining fast in USPSA from what I’ve seen in my area matches. 

Just got the tungsten grip module for my X5 last week so I’ll be shooting CO too. There’s no way I’m going back to iron sights with my vision going worse as the day goes by. I use mono vision glasses when shooting with iron sights but there’s no comparison to shooting with a red dot. I had been dry firing every night to get use to seeing the dot so I don’t have to hunt it during the draw.

12 hours ago, Snowman50 said:

How long did it take you to adjust to CO from iron sights?

Still adjusting. I have shot one USPSA match and one Steel Challenge match in CO. I have learned that I need more dry fire and live fire practice and a larger dot. I do okay with finding the dot but there is some hunting for it and the 3 MOA dot that I have is difficult to see and to track.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Overscore said:

Not necessarily.  I'd never want to shoot a gun that I wouldn't carry in real life.

The guys that are competitive in CO are shooting a configuration few would ever realistically carry

2 hours ago, Smithcity said:

The guys that are competitive in CO are shooting a configuration few would ever realistically carry

What do you mean my nitrofin isn’t made for carry?

Edited by Laxman2809

8 hours ago, Laxman2809 said:

What do you mean my nitrofin isn’t made for carry?

Haha, I'm sure someone here will proudly let us know that not only is it meant for carry, but they use it on their carry gun, and you are a fool to think otherwise.

2 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

Come on man!

My tungsten grip, heavy guide rod and light spring

Powder puff loads

It's street ready!

Enjoy the game fellows

"But I can't run my Roland Special!?"

-tactical dudes.

Yes, I know: comp = open

When all the talk of CO first started... I thought Oh ya, I'm in - bought an M&P CORE. Yay! but the rules say no comp'd barrels😖, so in went the APEX barrel, put a Vortex Viper on an was ready to rip, then the rules shifted to allowing mag extensions, so I got those🤑. After all that and shooting 6-8 matches I just couldn't learn to love it; the trigger sucked and I was much faster with my limited guns.

Flip-flopped back and forth about dumping it and thought "I shouda just bought a 2011 open gun", well I've concluded if I'm in for a penny, I'm in for the pound bought a new APEX forward sear flat trigger for it this week and if that doesn't make me a fan, well I'll keep it until I can't see the irons on my limited racers anymore; blow the dust off and shoot for fun.

8 minutes ago, kalaikanui said:

When all the talk of CO first started... I thought Oh ya, I'm in - bought an M&P CORE. Yay! but the rules say no comp'd barrels😖, so in went the APEX barrel, put a Vortex Viper on an was ready to rip, then the rules shifted to allowing mag extensions, so I got those🤑. After all that and shooting 6-8 matches I just couldn't learn to love it; the trigger sucked and I was much faster with my limited guns.

Flip-flopped back and forth about dumping it and thought "I shouda just bought a 2011 open gun", well I've concluded if I'm in for a penny, I'm in for the pound bought a new APEX forward sear flat trigger for it this week and if that doesn't make me a fan, well I'll keep it until I can't see the irons on my limited racers anymore; blow the dust off and shoot for fun.

this was great thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 4/3/2019 at 6:07 PM, lstange said:

Carry Optics [...] overtook Single Stack about a year ago, and in another year can become the second division after Limited.

It happened sooner than I expected. For two months in a row now, CO is the second division by popularity after Limited.

attendance.png

lots of CO and PCC around here in vegas. The few matches i shoot are dominated by PCC, its an easy way to get into the game and have fast scores.

Funny i asked one shooter why he didnt shoot 2 classes (PCC and one other) he said dont need to PCC has all the same fundamentals as a pistol. I walked away lol.

Currently shooting limited will be shooting limited and PCC once my barrel gets in. I enjoy carry optics but my CO gun is a 4.25 inch ported 9mm which is not USPSA legal and i dont feel like getting a new barrel lol.

1 hour ago, lstange said:

Pulled a sample of recent matches from the web site, then aggregated.

So you went on the USPSA website, clicked on a few matches, and pulled total # of shooters in each division for them?

Don't take this the wrong way, not an insult just trying to understand your charts, and I'm no statistics expert. How many matches were in your sample size and how did you determine it's a statistically sufficient and random sample to represent the entire population of USPSA? Division participation varies a lot by region so seems like it'd be quite a process trying to pull data from clubs across the country.

45 minutes ago, Southpaw said:

So you went on the USPSA website, clicked on a few matches, and pulled total # of shooters in each division for them?

Pretty much, just not manually but with a script. It’s a sample in a sense that it only includes high match IDs. Recent matches have high IDs, so should be counted.