Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Decisions, which to keep? STI Edge or SV?

muncie21

Coming from the CZ world, I found my way in to 2 very nice 2011 pistols, to try out the 2011 platform. 

First one is a Brazos tuned STI Edge and the other is an older SV (made by SV, not a parts gun) both are used and run flawlessly.  I'm considering selling one of them, as I don't see the need to keep both considering that I still have my CZ TSO as a backup if needed.

Any thoughts/suggestions on which would be the best to keep?  I've run about 1000 rounds through each pistol with no issues, so I believe either would work as a primary USPSA limited pistol.

IMG_0171_A.thumb.jpg.792a19b4d40492452c456d93658c8c14.jpg    IMG_0173_A.thumb.jpg.4c734849137608552591806d094921fb.jpg

Edited by muncie21

Aside from the hackjob on the grip, the SVI is a better looking gun, but the hard chrome on the STI is much more durable for multiple holster draws. 

I'd probably sell the SVI and use the money for a couple more mags and bullets then do a proper stipple job on the Edge. 

You've got two very similarly set up 2011s. It would be relatively inexpensive to get them to match reasonably well (magwells, undercut, and trigger). 

Unless you have a reason to keep the TSO, you're basically set for an ideal primary and backup Limited gun

I’d sell the edge, then use the money to modernize the infinity. Either send it back to SV and have them add one of the newer style grips, and match the slide in terms to cuts to the frame. Something like this. I love the look of these guns. 

That is if you really need to sell one. Cause keeping both and selling the TSO would be the best scenario like others have said. 

E5460F98-0450-4E17-9A01-DE3B87BB374E.jpeg

On 12/1/2018 at 7:16 PM, yoshidaex said:

Sell the TSO

This. I used to backup my 2011 limited with a Glock. It was such a pain to swap cause I had to swap rigs, mags and ammo. I would keep two like platforms. If you don't like to 2011 platform sell both of them and get a backup TSO

1 hour ago, tha1000 said:

I've never known SV to mix and match serrations like that, for what it's worth.  How certain are you that it is factory built?

I'm going by what SV sent me, which may allow room for interpretation.  I thought it was odd also, that the frame and slide serrations did not match.  No mention of the mismatch from SV when they replied.

From SV:

Pistol serial number XXX was manufactured as a 40S&W Pistol in October 2005.

Unfortunately, we do not have the original build sheets for this pistol.

However provided are basic specs based from your photos:

5 inch Carbon Steel Blued Pistol
20 lpi Slide Serration
Xcelerator Frame Serrations
Stippled Polymer Grip
Flat Red Trigger Insert
Square Hammer

So the fact that you are considering selling one of the 1911s and not the CZ is that you have not quite made up your mind.  As others have said, if you are going to invest the $$ into a backup gun, they need to work with the same mags, holster and pouches.  That said, i've never had the need for a backup gun.   So, if you need the cash, you'll get quite a bit more for the SV over the STI or that has been my experience on here.