Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What sights for gen 5 17 and 19?

kitsune312

I prefer the Dawson adjustable sights but I’ve been looking at the TTI sights. The Taran front sight is a little wider and the fiber is crazy bright. I found that I like a slightly wider front sight and the adjustable is nice but I never change my load so there’s not a lot of point in them for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Dawson on all my glocks, but it absolutely drives me nuts that they constantly rust.  TTI are made of stainless steel and won’t rust, they are probably the better option if you don’t need an adjustable rear.

I've put some light oil on from time to time as the instructions have suggested.  And I have had a little rust from time to time after shooting in the rain, but it seems to go away after a little oil and has never affected the shootability.

I’m a big fan of the Sevigny sights made by Warren. The rear notch is deep and wide making it easy to get a very quick sight picture that you can then refine as necessary. 

They also offer a carry version with rounded corners if that’s your thing. 

13 minutes ago, Kixx said:

I’m a big fan of the Sevigny sights made by Warren. The rear notch is deep and wide making it easy to get a very quick sight picture that you can then refine as necessary. 

yes i have warren/sevigny competitions on all my glocks

• 2 weeks later...

Dawson adjustable is nice for comp use..If you change loads or get a point of impact shift it’s really easy to dial them in precisely. For carry I have one set of Hackathorn sights I really like, they are a blacked out rear, with colored dot up front.

B5B49D83-1CF3-4744-9DB0-6E65E4212C55.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 9:28 AM, Kixx said:

Sevigny Sight's for sure..  On a Glock , Sevigny's the only way to go..

• 2 weeks later...