Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

belts

wingnut

4 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

PS: My inferior CR Speed stuff has been working fine for over a decade ?

I still use the WSM2 and the CR pouches... do yourself a favor and buy a DAA belt. You can thank me later. The CR belt is the most flimsy made. 

1 hour ago, Brooke said:

Get the Shooters Connection Belt. Its a good buy and a good product. If you do DAA be careful to understand the difference between the two and what  that means

Second the Shooters Connection belt

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 10:02 PM, ChuckS said:

Shooters connection offers a discount to forum members. Send them an email.

later,

Chuck

PS: My inferior CR Speed stuff has been working fine for over a decade ?

I second this!

1 hour ago, Jakobi said:

I have a DAA belt and a Black Scorpion belt. Both seem to have the same stiffness/quality. Purchased on the interwebs.

I’ve had the opposite experience. I started with a Black Scorpion and moved to a DAA and feel there’s a huge difference in stiffness. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2018 at 6:28 PM, Jakobi said:

I have a DAA belt and a Black Scorpion belt. Both seem to have the same stiffness/quality. Purchased on the interwebs.

I also have both but highly disagree on stiffness/quality.  The Black Scorpion isn’t true to dimensions advertised (my 771’s wouldn’t slide on it, which is why I bought the DAA).

Additionally - The Velcro on my black scorpion is wearing out after 2 seasons. (I’ve only been shooting for 3, so if that’s the normal life span, I guess I’ll take it)

The DAA is also the stiffest on the market in my opinion. 

25 minutes ago, Rosswoodford said:

I also have both but highly disagree on stiffness/quality.  The Black Scorpion isn’t true to dimensions advertised (my 771’s wouldn’t slide on it, which is why I bought the DAA).

Additionally - The Velcro on my black scorpion is wearing out after 2 seasons. (I’ve only been shooting for 3, so if that’s the normal life span, I guess I’ll take it)

The DAA is also the stiffest on the market in my opinion. 

Think I've been using my Black Scorpion for three years? No issues with the velcro (2-3 matches per month). Only quirk seems to be the velcro on the inner belt feels backwards from the DAA belt where it overlaps (I lace the BS inner opposite of how I lace the DAA belt). All my gear transferred with no issue from my old belt to the BS belt. The BS is my single stack rig and I use a tekloc on my holster and Safariland clamp on pouches. The tekloc slides but the Safarilands are solid. Not sure what to tell ya. Too much variation in production with BS? YMMV I guess?