Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which comp for 9mm PCC ?

8 hours ago, jkrispies said:

That looks like a very good design... just ugly as crap.  It has the proper thread pattern too. Aluminum should be lightweight.  I think the new TACCOM barrel with an MBX brake would make a good pairing, actually.  

Man, you're right about ugly.  So ugly they don't even put it on their complete barrel they sell, opting for a more rounded design there, that they don't sell by itself.

It looks like a Glock slide that went through a Limcat mill job.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, mahamoti said:

Man, you're right about ugly.  So ugly they don't even put it on their complete barrel they sell, opting for a more rounded design there, that they don't sell by itself.

It looks like a Glock slide that went through a Limcat mill job.

Part of the reason I believe MBX made the comp smaller on the barrel they offer is because the original one would have been to large to pin to the barrel and still be able to get the barrel nut over it. The original is like 1.25” tall. MBX does offer the smaller brake separately it’s listed under the pin and weld service.

57 minutes ago, mveto said:

Part of the reason I believe MBX made the comp smaller on the barrel they offer is because the original one would have been to large to pin to the barrel and still be able to get the barrel nut over it. The original is like 1.25” tall. MBX does offer the smaller brake separately it’s listed under the pin and weld service.

Just found it... MPX threading only.  Ugh.

If you need 1/2-28 threading and you’re willing to do some work on it and have access to a drill press, the $50 Surefire Procomp for 5.56 guns works fantastically.

Drill the center out to 3/8” - which is easy on a drill press, given the precisely machined .223 pilot hole.

Then simply enlarge the first two ports facing upward slowly with a cordless drill at the range, until the gun shoots flat. 

(I have to credit Zack Smith and Max Leograndis for this idea. I’d never have thought of it.)

Here’s where mine ended up:

Edited by MemphisMechanic
3 hours ago, James3Gunna said:

I put one of these on my MPX after going to a lighter handguard. Its been fantastic.

https://www.venomdd.com/collections/all/compensator

Slow motion video from the first time I shot it with the new comp.

Thx for vid. I have one of their brakes for a 5.56 and I have been impressed with it. The price/quality ratio is high.

On 8/27/2018 at 2:28 PM, cecil said:

thinking about changing the comp on my 9MM PCC 14-1/2" Fortis tapered  barrel  … any recommendations  (brands)  ?   looking for less weight up front.... 

Why are you unhappy with the Fortis brake?

It looks similar to the FSB, but it also has two vertical holes...  Thinking that it might reduce flip more than a simple brake.

2 hours ago, NoKimberDave said:

Thx for vid. I have one of their brakes for a 5.56 and I have been impressed with it. The price/quality ratio is high.

Can’t go wrong with a sub $80 brake/comp, especially when they keep having sales!

21 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

Why are you unhappy with the Fortis brake?

It looks similar to the FSB, but it also has two vertical holes...  Thinking that it might reduce flip more than a simple brake.

not really unhappy with the Fortis … just wanted to find a lighter brake/comp .. to reduce the weight at the end of the barrel...   

I decided on the Venom Defense titanium 1/2x28 comp...  according to their website it weighs less than one ounce... 2" long... .75" high..    .95" high...  & right now its on sale for $72.98 delivered … 

Edited by cecil
2 minutes ago, TonytheTiger said:

For a PCC? I'm no rocket scientist but I do know that I want all available gas pushing the muzzle down, to me all the horizontal ports are just decreasing that effect.

Yep, horizontal are near useless for a PCC.

We made one that I shoot my Open pistol loads with, (1850 fps ?) in Run N Gun matches. That is fun.

On 8/29/2018 at 8:43 AM, jkrispies said:

That looks like a very good design... just ugly as crap.  It has the proper thread pattern too. Aluminum should be lightweight.  I think the new TACCOM barrel with an MBX brake would make a good pairing, actually.  

I have looked at this set up myself, for my next build.

Mostly because of the length needed

9 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

He didn't have the pic up when I posted that. The Cannibal on his website is different.

You're fast looking that up?

We also make the Cannibal for the AR15  - installed on a $499.00 only addition was, a binary trigger (too slow ) and our brake straight out of the box , not even tuned yet.

Cannibal - an animal that eats its own species.?

On 8/30/2018 at 1:19 PM, James3Gunna said:

I put one of these on my MPX after going to a lighter handguard. Its been fantastic.

https://www.venomdd.com/collections/all/compensator

Slow motion video from the first time I shot it with the new comp.

Just installed a Venom D&D comp this afternoon.  Can you share any particulars on your ammo?  Thanks.

On 8/28/2018 at 10:10 AM, mahamoti said:

On the subject of comps... Taccom released their new CF sleeved barrel, but it's 13.5".  That's going to need a comp at least 3" long to pin and make it legal.  It's also 1/2x28 threaded instead of 1/2x36.  Anyone have an idea of what comps are long enough to work, with that threading available?

Here is a pic off their FB page last night.

They have made the new one, and can pin and weld for you.

I may have to try one

FB_IMG_1536145415847.jpg