Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is shooting a 2011 only for the wealthy?

Sig0431

Their actions would indicate they prefer cheap guns, everyone is entitled to preferences and emotional hangups.  The really unfortunate part is how hopelessly lost so many Americans are when it comes to personal financial decisions; if you don't have a good grasp of the difference between assets and expenses, it makes rational decision making difficult.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

Their actions would indicate they prefer cheap guns, everyone is entitled to preferences and emotional hangups.  The really unfortunate part is how hopelessly lost so many Americans are when it comes to personal financial decisions; if you don't have a good grasp of the difference between assets and expenses, it makes rational decision making difficult.

This.. ?

On 2/13/2018 at 7:46 PM, RJH said:

Major/minor is what makes USPSA great.  If you want to shoot minor there are divisions for that.  And if 9 minor was as powerful as 40 major, why is it that production guys are the ones that are crying about getting screwed by poppers :-)

And in most loadings 40 has at least 25% more energy, so there is that too.

exactly, what part of DVC don't you get, part of uspsa was designed around "power" , hence power factor was developed.

Why dont we just shoot any two on paper like some 3GN and get rid of the accuracy part too???

Edited by cnote

3 hours ago, rowdyb said:

An E6 makes what, about $2,600 per month? So about $31,200 a year. You must be at MCAS Yuma, I lived in Yuma for two years (2001-2) btw working at YRMC. If you're stuck in Yuma you're either gonna get a boat or something for the dunes if you're bored hahaha. And both those cost more than shooting for sure!

Yup I am in in Yuma. The shooting scene here is not bad and we have a good club with solid members (I am probably the youngest member even with being in my 30's haha). I am a single income family but that is by choice as my family comes first. I am not in any rush to get a 2011 set up as I will keep shooting Limited Minor until I find a great deal on a set up. Shooting is my only hobby out here, I never got into boating or off roading thankfully.

I have never been wealthy. But I seem to be able to do a lot with a little. Priorities play a big part in it. I shoot Open and I’m willing to bet I have spent far less than I would have on cigarettes or sitting in a bar.

I cant thank you all enough for the positive and helpful insight on this topic. I have been saving for a while now and will continue to save. While I say that the Atlas Nemises is my dream gun, that will not be a first 2011 haha. I am waiting to come across a good deal on a used 2011 with a few mags to get me started. I have all the time in the world. But if any of you happen to come across any awesome sub $2k deals for a 2011 please let me know! If I can throw in my Glock 19 to help the price down I will be happy to do so! But until them I am going to continue to read the posts hear and keep learning from you all.

At times if I find a 2011 that I am interested I will share the link with you all to gain some insight as to what you think since you all are the subject matter experts and I value your opinions and advice.

Thank You all again and Semper Fi

4 minutes ago, Sig0431 said:

Yup I am in in Yuma. The shooting scene here is not bad and we have a good club with solid members (I am probably the youngest member even with being in my 30's haha). I am a single income family but that is by choice as my family comes first. I am not in any rush to get a 2011 set up as I will keep shooting Limited Minor until I find a great deal on a set up. Shooting is my only hobby out here, I never got into boating or off roading thankfully.

I was career military as well. And I had little ones (3). My wife stayed home until they were in school all day before she started working. Man, it was tough and I know EXACTLY where you are coming from. 

The beauty of these games is that you can be a national champion with a $600 Glock. 

Thank you for you service and sacrifice.

Just now, Sarge said:

I was career military as well. And I had little ones (3). My wife stayed home until they were in school all day before she started working. Man, it was tough and I know EXACTLY where you are coming from. 

The beauty of these games is that you can be a national champion with a $600 Glock. 

Thank you for you service and sacrifice.

Thank you 1stSgt for yours as well. You are correct, it is not the weapon (to an extent) that will make you win (it may aid) it is the shooter which is why I have no issues shooting minor until the time is right.

44 minutes ago, Sig0431 said:

Thank you 1stSgt for yours as well. You are correct, it is not the weapon (to an extent) that will make you win (it may aid) it is the shooter which is why I have no issues shooting minor until the time is right.

I once was a young man who dreamed of a custom 1911 (no such thing as 2011s in those days).  But i kept my family fed and a roof over their head.  I got to all my kids soccer games and performances.  Now I've got some extra cash and taking the plunge.  It will come in time.  Everyone used to laugh at my dumpster Colt 1991A1 or Beretta 96. But dammit they worked and I had fun shooting (They really laughed at my 9mm Makarov--until I ripped off some awesome scores in a BUG match once).

I still have those original guns too.  Still chugging along hard now at 20 years. (I did replace some springs at some point).

In the end no one gives a crap what gun you shoot, but they will care what kind of father/husband you were.  You'll be fine.

I know a lot of people have been recommended a CZ but what about a Tanfoglio Limited Custom. 2011 feel but without the price tag (depends on where you get it). Here is a link for one: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/746466615. As for the Atlas, I would call Adam to see if he has any trades in stock that he is willing to sell. 

On another note, wait until you get bit by the open bug things get real interesting then. Good luck.

I started off with a loaded glock 34 and traded it to another Enos member for a 2011 slide, fit to frame, with a barrel fit. I am by no means a smith and not super mechanically inclined. I was laid up, partial foot amputation. I ordered what I could, when I could afford it. Long story short after watching several videos and asking several annoying questions I ended up with a gun that runs super reliable. As far as gear I bought what I could when I could, holster, some parts and magazine parts found on Enos. Next was a big step for me, I purchased a dillon square deal b in 40 s&w and started loading, so far so good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There are several ways of getting a 2011 for that $2,000 ish budget.  The classifieds here, Dawson Precision, gun broker, etc.  You may even be able to borrow some mags from a fellow club member.  I was given the opportunity to use a gun and mags and even had a fellow club member threaten to buy a 2011 for me until I could pay him back(great man!).  It all boils down to the old adage " where their is a will, there is a way".  Thanks for your service and good luck in your 2011 hunt

On 2/12/2018 at 11:02 AM, Sig0431 said:

Before I get into this let me give you all a little background. I have only been shooting USPSA Limited for 2 years. I currently shoot a Sig P320 in 9mm as that is what I had at the time I started. I am an active duty Marine and by no means a subject matter expert which is why I would like to hear from you all and gain some advice.

Now to the topic. I have been shooting for many years but Limited for 2. As you all know I am at a total disadvantage shooting 9mm and am always on the hunt for a 40 that I can afford and set the Sig aside for 3 gun. Along with many shooters the Atlas Gunworks Nemesis is my dream pistol and this is where my questions being. Put the Atlas Gunworks aside, is there anyway that someone like myself with a military income can get into a 2011 set up or has this firearm become reserved for those with large amounts of extra cash laying around?

Here ya go. Gun and 6 mags...

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

Here ya go. Gun and 6 mags...

Thanks for keeping me in mind. I have been looking at it off and on now for some time. I have had a few people send me messages stating that if I have a low budget that I might want to consider moving up to limited major with something like a glock 35 then later move to a 2011. It really has me thinking a fair amount. Granted i have never been a glock fan and I am looking to trade my Glock 19 as part of a deal for a limited pistol. Maybe I will make a post on the classifieds  looking to trade the glock 19 and cash for a limited pistol to see what people have to offer.  

now i want 2011 too. ;)

this one .

i  ask them nicely to build it.

and didn't forgot say PLEASE.:o

few days ago i shoot from this gun. zero backlash . looks better than STI.

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪bul sas 2‬‏

13 hours ago, Sig0431 said:

Thanks for keeping me in mind. I have been looking at it off and on now for some time. I have had a few people send me messages stating that if I have a low budget that I might want to consider moving up to limited major with something like a glock 35 then later move to a 2011. It really has me thinking a fair amount. Granted i have never been a glock fan and I am looking to trade my Glock 19 as part of a deal for a limited pistol. Maybe I will make a post on the classifieds  looking to trade the glock 19 and cash for a limited pistol to see what people have to offer.  

If you buy a new glock, get aftermarket barrel to dodge the bulged brass, bolt on a mag well, some new sites, trigger kit, etc... You can buy a 2011 .  Simple economics.  It's like trying to turn a Sal's ear into a silk purse.  Plenty of 2011 on here for cheap.  Sell your 19 and use the money to buy what you want.  Besides spending money on a brand of gun you already dislike will make you unhappy when you come to the realization that you will have to sell it for half of what you put into it.   

On 2/16/2018 at 11:03 AM, Sig0431 said:

I cant thank you all enough for the positive and helpful insight on this topic. I have been saving for a while now and will continue to save. While I say that the Atlas Nemises is my dream gun, that will not be a first 2011 haha. I am waiting to come across a good deal on a used 2011 with a few mags to get me started. I have all the time in the world. But if any of you happen to come across any awesome sub $2k deals for a 2011 please let me know! If I can throw in my Glock 19 to help the price down I will be happy to do so! But until them I am going to continue to read the posts hear and keep learning from you all.

At times if I find a 2011 that I am interested I will share the link with you all to gain some insight as to what you think since you all are the subject matter experts and I value your opinions and advice.

Thank You all again and Semper Fi

I am looking for a G19 Gen3 for a Poly80 project.  I have a Para 16-40 in the safe.  I may be interested in some horse trading...

An incredibly good deal if the gun runs. Mostly tri-topped eagle with a metal SVI grip. takes weight off where it shouldn't be, puts it where it should. Enough mags that you have to be able to put together three that work. $1700. I assume you have a belt. Two mag pouches and a holster can be done for ~$110-120.