Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stingerjg Links

stingerjg

Did you folks notice that almost without exception, everybody in that video was, say... 30 years old or less? Most of the pilots are probably in their mid twenties and the flight deck crew are hardly shaving yet.

I remember long ago being 19 with a top secret cryptographic clearance. We were serious about our work but boy did we have fun!!!!!

I hate that so many young folks die in armed conflict, but I am extremely proud of the youth in our military.

From one old fart to others :D

dj

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the the Air Farce could even think about having that much fun. Ya gotta hand it to Uncle Sam's Canoe Club. We did things when we were young that probably would kill or jail us today.

Go Navy

All the in flight footage were from a F-14 Tomcat.  Typical age of the pilots would be at least 23 years old since you have to have a Bachelor's degree in order to drive a Tomcat.

+ two years UPT, + a year of "lead in" and qual at the RAG. You're min 25 getting to the boat, or so I understand.

All the in flight footage were from a F-14 Tomcat.  Typical age of the pilots would be at least 23 years old since you have to have a Bachelor's degree in order to drive a Tomcat.

+ two years UPT, + a year of "lead in" and qual at the RAG. You're min 25 getting to the boat, or so I understand.

There are a few older aviators out there. The squadron CO is a flying billet and CAG may be also. That can get you up to some real gray hair.

Wow. Brings back memories.

I used to do that when I was like 6-8 years old in my dad's pig and poultry farm.

There's a lot of shjt generated and of course it attracted a bunch of flies. Come time when the eggs would hatch, the larvae would be squirming around all over the place at the sluice chute.

I'd go up and down the the sluice burning the maggots.

We'd use one of those mosquito-type pumps. We'd put gas into the reservoir and put a candle right into the stream.

I remember melting the plastic reservoir when I got too exubirant.

AFOAF has an H1 (the *real* Hummer). He managed to break his doing offroad stuff, too. The guys at the dealership said "Gee, that part's not supposed to break.....". Something in one of the diffs.... Otherwise, he loves it - he's on his third one, now.

Eric's on the money about the H2 - the "Stupidmobile" :)