Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not able to use the CMC flat triggers, my fingers are pretty crooked and my finger usually drags the bottom of the trigger guard and that forward facing point on the CMC trigger hits in the middle of the pad on my finger and is very uncomfortable to use.

8 minutes ago, Gregg K said:

I am not able to use the CMC flat triggers, my fingers are pretty crooked and my finger usually drags the bottom of the trigger guard and that forward facing point on the CMC trigger hits in the middle of the pad on my finger and is very uncomfortable to use.

They sell the same model but curved.

https://www.primaryarms.com/CMC-AR-9-Drop-In-Single-Stage-3.5lb-Curved-Trigger-9mm-Mil-Spec-.154in

Now that I have back to back tested my CMC vs my JP Armageddon, the JP is definitely better but I find the CMC acceptable. My GF found it to be a distinctly better than the trigger that came on the FM-9.

1 hour ago, Gregg K said:

I just put the curved CMC in my backup.

But that was a good price, and I know many people like the flat bow.

Just based on playing with it during the install, I think my Elftmann is a little nicer.

Unfortunately its a little more expensive also.

Edited by Startingover
2 hours ago, Startingover said:

I just put the curved CMC in my backup.

But that was a good price, and I know many people like the flat bow.

Just based on playing with it during the install, I think my Elftmann is a little nicer.

Unfortunately its a little more expensive also.

Elftmann triggers have some of the nicest triggerscan data I've seen, but it comes at a price. 

Edited by chevrofreak
On 2/8/2019 at 3:08 PM, 3gun said:

Thanks, just ordered it.

The CMC 9mm PCC trigger is great. I replaced an Efltmann PCC trigger with this. I run CMC is every AR I have because they run flawlessly.

I had so many problems with my Elftmann like failure to reset, hang ups. Elftmann sent me a brand new one and I through it on eBay because I didn't want to run the chance of dealing with it it again. It felt great when it worked but it cost me time during matches.

1 hour ago, mellino19 said:

The CMC 9mm PCC trigger is great. I replaced an Efltmann PCC trigger with this. I run CMC is every AR I have because they run flawlessly.

I had so many problems with my Elftmann like failure to reset, hang ups. Elftmann sent me a brand new one and I through it on eBay because I didn't want to run the chance of dealing with it it again. It felt great when it worked but it cost me time during matches.

There is a lot to be said for not having a potential problem looming in the back of your mind, or worse yet, actually screwing around with stuff on the clock.

7 hours ago, mellino19 said:

I run Elftmann in all of my match rifles, but like you, I had some problems with their first try at 9mm specific triggers.  I would have a dead trigger from time to time.  I think it was when I was holding the trigger back after firing and it would fail to reset reliably and end of up with a dead trigger.  Their customer service was top notch and replaced it with their "Gen 2" and the replacement they sent me has been flawless.   I can't wait to install their new Rem 700 trigger on my PRS rifle...it felt amazing at shot show.

4 hours ago, Halo09 said:

I run Elftmann in all of my match rifles, but like you, I had some problems with their first try at 9mm specific triggers.  I would have a dead trigger from time to time.  I think it was when I was holding the trigger back after firing and it would fail to reset reliably and end of up with a dead trigger.  Their customer service was top notch and replaced it with their "Gen 2" and the replacement they sent me has been flawless.   I can't wait to install their new Rem 700 trigger on my PRS rifle...it felt amazing at shot show.

I get this every once in a while.

On a rare occasion...nothing.

Rack the slide, and bang.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm

Just got a replacement from Elftmann and it's a standard AR15/AR10 package.

I sent customer service an email about it, and their reply came back, they are all the same trigger!

I kinda feel like I have been a victim of a marketing ploy.

I thought I read they were different triggers, and specifically made for 9mm/45cal PCCs

7 minutes ago, Startingover said:

Hmmm

Just got a replacement from Elftmann and it's a standard AR15/AR10 package.

I sent customer service an email about it, and their reply came back, they are all the same trigger!

I kinda feel like I have been a victim of a marketing ploy.

I thought I read they were different triggers, and specifically made for 9mm/45cal PCCs

I guess the double talk in their description caused me to believe it was actually a different trigger than the rest of their lineup.

Screenshot_20190301-151855_Chrome.jpg

13 minutes ago, Startingover said:

I guess the double talk in their description caused me to believe it was actually a different trigger than the rest of their lineup.

Screenshot_20190301-151855_Chrome.jpg

One trigger will do it all- Hiperfire 

1 hour ago, Halo09 said:

The only difference I saw between their lines is the following:

-the Match is the baseline

-the 3-gun model has a skeleton hammer

-AR9 slightly different hammer profile

SE would be the baseline

Today I was told there is no difference between the AR9 and the AR15/AR10 match

They are the same exact trigger 

Edited by Startingover