Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

Pulled my 10.5” SBR PCC out of the safe today for the first time in over a year. I’m undecided between the HF and the CMC. To me, the CMC seems kind of like the Glock of triggers, it may not be the best or flashiest but it will always go bang! Am I wrong in thinking this? 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to Brownells and use code M8Y. You’ll get $15 off plus free shipping.

i just bought mine last week and installed it last night. I’ll be testing it on Thursday. It replaced a 3# single stage Timney in my 8” mpx.

edit- I paid $181 for the 24C after the Discount 

Edited by George16
1 hour ago, George16 said:

Go to Brownells and use code M8Y. You’ll get $15 off plus free shipping.

i just bought mine last week and installed it last night. I’ll be testing it on Thursday. It replaced a 3# single stage Timney in my 8” mpx.

edit- I paid $181 for the 24C after the Discount 

That’s a solid price for the Hiperfire. 

I ended up ordering a CMC and a Hiperfire. Won’t know which one I like unless I try both! ;)

On 3/3/2019 at 2:07 PM, chevrofreak said:

I replaced the 24C with the CMC in my girlfriends gun and we both like it, even though the CMC has an odd 2 stage feel to it.  It may need broken in. 

CMC sells a 2 stage now.  You might have received one by mistake.

52 minutes ago, hlpressley said:

That’s a solid price for the Hiperfire. 

I ended up ordering a CMC and a Hiperfire. Won’t know which one I like unless I try both! ;)

Were you able to use the code? Just got home and verified that you’ll get $20 off of $200 purchase plus free shipping. They sent me the code last week after I ordered 15k of WSPP when they had the one day 1 cent hazmat and free shipping.

Just checked the Hiperfire and the Eclipse is $215 after the discount at Brownells. The Competition is now out of stock.

1 hour ago, George16 said:

Were you able to use the code? Just got home and verified that you’ll get $20 off of $200 purchase plus free shipping. They sent me the code last week after I ordered 15k of WSPP when they had the one day 1 cent hazmat and free shipping.

Just checked the Hiperfire and the Eclipse is $215 after the discount at Brownells. The Competition is now out of stock.

I actually ordered mine this past weekend before I seen the code. 

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:16 PM, Startingover said:

Hmmm

Just got a replacement from Elftmann and it's a standard AR15/AR10 package.

I sent customer service an email about it, and their reply came back, they are all the same trigger!

I spoke to them today and asked them if the AR-9 Match was the same as the AR-15 Match and they said it was not. He said the AR-9 has a stronger hammer spring to help out with the hard functioning of a blow back 9.

I've had a hiperfire 24c in a 15-22 for about 5 years now 50k+ rounds, It's been perfect.  I now have the 24 3G, 5k rounds, in my ATI PCC and it to has been great.  Another 243G in an AR, under 1 k rounds, i  built and a new 24ECL waiting to go in my next build.  Needless to say I like them.

Edited by Andyk

Anyone else have issues with the CMC AR9 trigger not resetting properly all the time? For some reason I have to physically push it forward after firing at times to get it to completely reset. This is in a QC10 upper/lower + Elftmann push-button style safety + JP rifles 9mm glock bolt.

To be clear, the bolt _is_ catching every single time and pulling the hammer back, but for some reason it does not always get reset properly. I don't have to pull the charging handle back again to reset. I just have to push on the back of the trigger with my index finger to push it forward slightly and then it's able to fire.

Kinda seems like it might be some sort of clearance issue, but I'm not sure exactly what's making contact yet....

Edited by avastcosmicarena
55 minutes ago, avastcosmicarena said:

Anyone else have issues with the CMC AR9 trigger not resetting properly all the time? For some reason I have to physically push it forward after firing at times to get it to completely reset. This is in a QC10 upper/lower + Elftmann push-button style safety + JP rifles 9mm glock bolt.

To be clear, the bolt _is_ catching every single time and pulling the hammer back, but for some reason it does not always get reset properly. I don't have to pull the charging handle back again to reset. I just have to push on the back of the trigger with my index finger to push it forward slightly and then it's able to fire.

Kinda seems like it might be some sort of clearance issue, but I'm not sure exactly what's making contact yet....

I had this issue with a regular CMC 3.5lb flat trigger. Trigger would reset at the veeeeeery end of its travel. And it was a lame reset. Like it didn't want to reset.

Contacted CMC. They made some suggestions with oil/grease, and that didn't help. I told them and they sent me a brand new one. 

2 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

I would double check for interference with the safety.

2 hours ago, OPENB said:

I found if the non-rotation retaining screws were overtightened, the trigger would not reset. Try loosening them a hair.

Hmm... those came in my package, but I didn't use them, because I already had an Elftmann anti-rotation setup to use. That's interesting though. I wonder if something related to that is causing it... Because I tested this trigger on a jig before and didn't have issues. Only  had this issue after installed in my lower.

4 hours ago, NoKimberDave said:

I had this issue with a regular CMC 3.5lb flat trigger. Trigger would reset at the veeeeeery end of its travel. And it was a lame reset. Like it didn't want to reset.

Contacted CMC. They made some suggestions with oil/grease, and that didn't help. I told them and they sent me a brand new one. 

Thanks, I'll give them a call if I can't figure out a solution. Mine is also the 3.5lb flat trigger (but the 9mm version).

Edited by avastcosmicarena
2 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

Hmm... those came in my package, but I didn't use them, because I already had an Elftmann anti-rotation setup to use. That's interesting though. I wonder if something related to that is causing it... Because I tested this trigger on a jig before and didn't have issues. Only  had this issue after installed in my lower.

I actually didn't use the CMC pins either, I used KNS. When I turned the screws back just a smidge, the trigger reset just fine.

I am building with a QC10 glock lower and taccom bolt. I would love input on triggers!

Firstly, has anyone gotten the ALG ACT trigger to work with my setup or similar?

Secondly, POF vs CMC? Both are available at very reasonable prices so if anyone has strong preference for one over the other I'd love to hear why.

I shoot unmodified glocks and milspec AR triggers so all of these are going to be just fine for me in terms of feel, pull weight, travel etc. I care mainly about reliability and consistency. I definitely do not want anything that will double.

Also if anyone has feedback on long-term maintenance for these triggers that would be awesome. I'm talking about how often you break firing pins, how often you get blowback gunk building and clogging up the works, etc.