Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

Pof is a nice trigger for pcc positive reset nice break. The best part are the rubber bushings on the bottom of the trigger housing. They dampen the blowback force on the trigger pins and hammer. I had 6k rounds on the pof trigger before switching to ar gold. I have no experience with Cmc’s pcc trigger 

maintenance was just qtip the debris off and oil springs every now and again 

Edited by Bwillis
  • Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, JGT said:

I am building with a QC10 glock lower and taccom bolt. I would love input on triggers!

Firstly, has anyone gotten the ALG ACT trigger to work with my setup or similar?

Secondly, POF vs CMC? Both are available at very reasonable prices so if anyone has strong preference for one over the other I'd love to hear why.

I’ll always recommend CMC because they have been flawless and feel great (I own 5 now I think). A lot of companies are making PCC specific triggers now so I do run theirs in my AR9.

A lot of people use the Geisselle SD3G (model might be off) and have no problems and I’ve heard decent things about the Timney AR9 trigger as well. 

On 3/15/2019 at 9:13 AM, avastcosmicarena said:

Anyone else have issues with the CMC AR9 trigger not resetting properly all the time? For some reason I have to physically push it forward after firing at times to get it to completely reset. This is in a QC10 upper/lower + Elftmann push-button style safety + JP rifles 9mm glock bolt.

To be clear, the bolt _is_ catching every single time and pulling the hammer back, but for some reason it does not always get reset properly. I don't have to pull the charging handle back again to reset. I just have to push on the back of the trigger with my index finger to push it forward slightly and then it's able to fire.

Kinda seems like it might be some sort of clearance issue, but I'm not sure exactly what's making contact yet....

FWIW, I narrowed this issue down to my safety. However, I love the push button Elftmann safety, so I ordered another Elftmann AR9 trigger to use, and am going to sell my CMC AR9 trigger. If anyone is interested, let me know. Will let it go for a good deal. Functions perfectly in my Strike Industries trigger jig. Was just an incompatibility issue with my choice of parts.

I'll post my impressions of the POF. I have experience with various AR triggers from Timney, Geissele, ALG, hiperfire EDT, and CMC but not the hiperfire 24's, Elftman or AR gold. This is also my first PCC so it may be a bit different than 5.56.

Overall my thoughts on triggers are a bit odd. I have a ton of trouble running triggers with a very short pull and reset or weight under 3 pounds. Under match conditions when my adrenaline is up, I just don't run those well. My favorite trigger for matches is the Hiperfire EDT with the added strength springs. The weight (close to 5lb) and total pull distance are higher than what most would consider to be a top single stage competition trigger, but I shoot it far better than my Timney that has miniscule travel distance and a pull weight under 3lb. It may be because I shoot stock glocks, and my time on pistol vs carbine is like 5 to 1, so my finger may just be attuned to that glock-style of trigger. Perhaps if I spent a bunch of time with a high speed trigger I'd get good with it. On the other hand when the buzzer goes off at a match, my brain falls out my ear and fine motor control goes to heck, so I might just always stick with a heavier longer trigger. I do still appreciate lack of creep and grit and a nice crisp break. Overall pretty much any AR trigger I have tried has been totally acceptable, especially when compared to stock glocks or triggers on other rifle platforms like the AK. If the POF doesn't work for me I might switch it for another EDT, I really feel that trigger is a gem for the price.

20 hours ago, 3GN said:

Yes AR gold release PCC hammer,work in any configuration right now.

I have PCC hammer on my AR Gold.

Ummm what? They released a drop in PCC trigger or they released a replacement hammer for their current drop in triggers on the market? Your post is confusing. 

Can you buy with the correct hammer or do you have to buy the PCC hammer in addition?

I update mine only with PCC hammer.
differences between .223 or ar10 gold its only hammer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just now, 3GN said:

I understand the hammer is different,  but what is different about the pcc hammer? The 308 is .04 or something taller than the 5.56. 

Can you buy with the correct hammer or do you have to buy the PCC hammer in addition?

I understand the hammer is different,  but what is different about the pcc hammer? The 308 is .04 or something taller than the 5.56. 

I send you pic of hammer with measurement just to arrive home

1 hour ago, 3GN said:

I send you pic of hammer with measurement just to arrive home

Thank you, I’ve been using the 308 in both my pccs since December without issue. I was too impatient for the pcc trigger release. 

Edited by Bwillis

Just wanted to updated this thread. Passed 100,000 rounds on one of my JP GMR-13 triggers, other one sitting somewhere near 80,000. Stiiiiiiillll going. I'll probably slow down racking up rounds on those because I've got a GMR-15 to break in 😈. It's only at like, maaaybe 10k? Hard to keep track when multiple shooters use them as loaners at matches 🍻