Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC trigger?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Just wanted to updated this thread. Passed 100,000 rounds on one of my JP GMR-13 triggers, other one sitting somewhere near 80,000. Stiiiiiiillll going. I'll probably slow down racking up rounds on those because I've got a GMR-15 to break in 😈. It's only at like, maaaybe 10k? Hard to keep track when multiple shooters use them as loaners at matches 🍻

That's impressive!  It seems as though JP only makes one fire control module...  They have different springs and trigger to change the characteristics of it, but only one module...  Is that correct?  Thought there might be a competition module with less than 3.5 pounds of pull?

Have you ever compared your JP trigger with a HiperFire Eclipse trigger?

The stock trigger in the GMR-15 is the JP "Easy Trigger" and when using the yellow springs with some armite lead based sear grease that came with my rifle, my pull weight is 2.75lb.  I believe the new modular triggers are advertised at 3.5lbs but I have not got my hands on one yet.  The stock easy trigger is so good I really don't care.  

I did try a Hyperfire Eclipse and I would get some failure to cock or bolt follow so I went back to the stock trigger.  I do wish they offered a straight trigger shoe like they offer on the new modular triggers for the Easy Trigger but only the roller trigger is available which I do not want for USPSA matches.

Edited by 10cup
8 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

That's impressive!  It seems as though JP only makes one fire control module...  They have different springs and trigger to change the characteristics of it, but only one module...  Is that correct?  Thought there might be a competition module with less than 3.5 pounds of pull?

Have you ever compared your JP trigger with a HiperFire Eclipse trigger?

Theres the EZ / Original styles with different weight springs to change pull weights etc. I have both those and the new drop in style trigger packs. They all function more or less the same with the exception a JP installed traditional is slightly more amazing. 

I'm not a fan of the hiper because they tend to bumpfire and double. Not my cup of tea. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2019 at 10:42 PM, 3GN said:

Yes AR gold release PCC hammer,work in any configuration right now.

I have PCC hammer on my AR Gold.

How does a person go about buying the AR Gold PCC hammer or an entire trigger assembly?  I checked their website and I cant find any info.  

How does a person go about buying the AR Gold PCC hammer or an entire trigger assembly?  I checked their website and I cant find any info.  

On 3/23/2019 at 8:58 PM, 10cup said:

I did try a Hyperfire Eclipse and I would get some failure to cock or bolt follow so I went back to the stock trigger.

I had that a few times on my JP GMR-13.  Corrected it by either backing off on the buffer resistance, or changing the powder to either a faster powder, and possibly more of it.

On 10/17/2016 at 6:04 PM, v1911 said:

I run the Geissele SD3G in my MPX and have had zero issues. 

Geissele says the SD3G MAY not reset bolts that are ramped for Glock nags. 

I run a G2S. I’ve come to like the 2 Stage for longer shots when I deed to slow down. But I don’t think it makes much difference for fast shots, once you get used to riding the reset. 

Call him over the phone or sent him email.
I received mine thru Cobalt Kinetics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 5/13/2019 at 9:54 PM, 3GN said:

Call him over the phone or sent him email.
I received mine thru Cobalt Kinetics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received an email notification from American Trigger Corp. that they are about to release a dedicated PCC trigger.  This is the third time that company has said that they are going release a trigger since this time last year.  I'm not holding my breath.  

29 minutes ago, JAustin316 said:

Can’t you put a roller trigger on any of their triggers?

JP makes a modular trigger assembly that you can put anytrigger type you want on it.  Roller, flat or curved.  

29 minutes ago, JAustin316 said:

Can’t you put a roller trigger on any of their triggers?

JP makes a modular trigger assembly that you can put anytrigger type you want on it.  Roller, flat or curved.  

37 minutes ago, Judo said:

Ahhhh that’s what I was referring to. Thanks. Either way there is a flat trigger from JP for V1911 to buy.

On 5/13/2019 at 8:43 PM, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

I had that a few times on my JP GMR-13.  Corrected it by either backing off on the buffer resistance, or changing the powder to either a faster powder, and possibly more of it.

Yes you can correct it but I have my JP short stroked to the max( much more that the JP short stroke kit) and still the stock trigger works 100% with 2.75lb pull, zero take up and zero over travel.  I really see no reason to change it works so well.

I have the GMR-15 with the JP roll trigger.  It takes a little getting used to but is reliable. I am at around 3.75lbs on the pull.

I recently build another PCC and used the Rise Armament A242 trigger. The trigger pull came in at 2.75lbs and is smooth. I managed to get it for $95 delivered with a free RA hat from Optics Planet ;) It's been reliable and would definitely buy another again.

I think I prefer the RA trigger over the JP.

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

I have the GMR-15 with the JP roll trigger.  It takes a little getting used to but is reliable. I am at around 3.75lbs on the pull.

I recently build another PCC and used the Rise Armament A242 trigger. The trigger pull came in at 2.75lbs and is smooth. I managed to get it for $95 delivered with a free RA hat from Optics Planet [emoji6] It's been reliable and would definitely buy another again.

I think I prefer the RA trigger over the JP.
image2.jpeg.e68d33d089f5cb143ca3ca87b767fbc8.jpeg
image1.jpeg.be5958a9a6fea871a4aa16c1b174a03d.jpeg
Whose safety levers are you using?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk