Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat vs SV

Dirtchevy841

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like dogs, buy the SVI. It is a definitely a dog friendly company.

- I was in Sandy Strayer's pickup when his wife was driving and he started yelling at her to pull over. He saw a dog walking down a road in the middle of nowhere TX and thought it looked hungry, so he gave the dog half of the sandwich he was eating.

- Brandon Strayer heard about a baby bulldog (English, not pit) that was about to be put down because it was born with a cleft lip and palette, but he could get for "free". He adopted the dog and paid over $1000 for the surgery to save its life - and it is now happily hanging around the factory.

Edited by Rob Boudrie

If you like dogs, buy the SVI. It is a definitely a dog friendly company.

- I was in Sandy Strayer's pickup when his wife was driving and he started yelling at her to pull over. He saw a dog walking down a road in the middle of nowhere TX and thought it looked hungry, so he gave the dog half of the sandwich he was eating.

- Brandon Strayer heard about a baby bulldog (English, not pit) that was about to be put down because it was born with a cleft lip and palette, but he could get for "free". He adopted the dog and paid over $1000 for the surgery to save its life - and it is now happily hanging around the factory.

and eating every air hose he can get his teeth on......

I love mine. Zero issues.

I'm fond of my Infinity as well. Think I may have seen yours in NC last weekend.

It may have been....now I just need to work on shooting it well ;) It has about 2k through it and it has not messed up once!

Guys I am honestly at a stand still. I still cannot decide on which one to go with. The longer I wait the longer it will take to get a custom. Just can't decide on SV or limcat. At around 6000 for both limcat a little less it's a lot of money and just torn between the two. I know I need to decide but I don't want to make the wrong choice. Seems like since I started the thread that both are top notch and I won't be disappointed in either builder, dammit just can't make my mind up. ??

Guys I am honestly at a stand still. I still cannot decide on which one to go with. The longer I wait the longer it will take to get a custom. Just can't decide on SV or limcat. At around 6000 for both limcat a little less it's a lot of money and just torn between the two. I know I need to decide but I don't want to make the wrong choice. Seems like since I started the thread that both are top notch and I won't be disappointed in either builder, dammit just can't make my mind up. ??

Well get both..

Well get both..
I wish but my pockets aren't that deep.

Good lord I can't make my mind up. Limcat or SV. It's a lot of money for either and I am just trying to make the right decision. SV is a beautiful pistol I've come up with in gunbuilder everything I want in a gun and it performs. Limcat is nice also can't get some of the thinks I want in slide and frame cuts, but they make up for it in service being I have a direct connection with Johnny and Julian. Money wise I am looking at 6200 for SV with 5 tuned mags. Limcat 5600 with 5 tuned mags. Need to make a choice by next week. SV 1 year or more. Limcat 4-6 month wait time. That's where I am at right now. Any advice LOL.

A good build wont need service, unless you start home gunsmithing attempts at improvements

Get the SV if its all the cuts and look you desire over the LC

Have you call them both. Maybe that will help???

Maybe try to shoot them both???

Talked to both. Shot limcat open and limited pistols. They were great. Nobody in my area has a SV to check out. Did talk to Julian today at limcat about doing a design similar to what I wanted so I think I am going with limcat. 4-6 month build time. Plus I got a big discount on everything being I know a team shooter. Next prefect may be SV. But for now limcat it is. After talking with a lot of people and you guys on forum limcat seems to be a top notch pistol along with SV. By the way limcat is now doing their own frames, grips and slides. They will be using a SV sight tracker barrel and SV trigger. They are starting to use a lot of their own stuff which when I found out about the frame grip and slide it was great. Looking at a December January delivery date. Can't wait. Again thanks for all the input from all of you on the forum. Just think at this time the limcat is the way to go for me right now. Thanks again guys.

Shot both to me seems like the SV is just a better build top to bottom. Both are nice though. Can't wait to get it. Waiting game now.

Fickle much or bad memory?
No I did shot a SV but it was only the slide. Found out after my post that my buddy's friend had a PT frame and grip. I thought it was a SV going by just slide. Didn't notice the PT on frame just saw the infinity across slide. Later found out he built the bottom half himself. I guess you can say I shot 1/2 SV.

Yeah I guess I was a little fickle in choosing. I like both and just couldn't pull the trigger so to speak. Especially when they both are top notch builders. Just wanted to be 100% sure. Maybe I'll change my mind again ? But seriously, limcat is it.

But really. When it gets down to it and limcat is making their own parts now and both are really top notch builders where is the main difference between the two. I know customizing you can do more with SV, but when you get down to the bones of the pistol machine, hand work etc are they that much different? Both being at the top of their game. Or like some people said it comes down to wait time. Just curious because Johnny guns just won the SV open this year. So with both doing quality work where is the big difference. And I may being fickle because there's a lot of money involved here.