Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat vs SV

Dirtchevy841

Don't want to bother Casey to much so can anybody tell me the process now. When they recieve check do they call you and how does the process go through etc.

Go on the website. Play with gun builder. Get what you want and submit the design. The factory will message you back on that design with costs etc. you then send your deposit.

Yeah I know did all that. Just wondering what the process was after. Or do you not hear anything till pistol is finished. Just wanted to see if there's updates as gun is being built etc. never did anything like this before and just wanted to hear about other members experience with a sv build.

So far I've heard nothing except I asked to use a different trigger shoe. They messaged me right back with the update.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to bother Casey to much so can anybody tell me the process now. When they recieve check do they call you and how does the process go through etc.

Go on the website. Play with gun builder. Get what you want and submit the design. The factory will message you back on that design with costs etc. you then send your deposit.
Yeah I know did all that. Just wondering what the process was after. Or do you not hear anything till pistol is finished. Just wanted to see if there's updates as gun is being built etc. never did anything like this before and just wanted to hear about other members experience with a sv build.
So far I've heard nothing except I asked to use a different trigger shoe. They messaged me right back with the update.
If you really cant wait you can get one from ck arms. They are very reliable pistols and they were built right, barrel timing and fitting is superb, slide to frame fitting is tight. The only downside is you only get to pick from their in house designs

e94d20b605946f4d5617aeb022f0230d.jpg

559988748bd9c2def54207df13b7b560.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by bonglee0507

I have communicated via messaging system for some minor changes to my design, and talked on the phone for a bit more significant change and verified on the messaging system. Next communication will be to give them FFL info for firearms shipment. Once the design is solid all that is left is waiting your turn.

I have communicated via messaging system for some minor changes to my design, and talked on the phone for a bit more significant change and verified on the messaging system. Next communication will be to give them FFL info for firearms shipment. Once the design is solid all that is left is waiting your turn.

For about 18 months?

I have shot several Limcat open guns and now a few SVI open guns. There are some differences despite both being amazing machines. All of the Limcat guns have been a bit softer shooting. The SVI is flat, but a bit harsher. I really like the feel of the SVI grip. Never felt a Limcat steel grip, but the SVI feels like a CZ, curved in the right spot.

Bob, your description about the recoil on these two guns makes it seem like the SV's recoil would be a lot harder to handle than the Limcat, especially for a less experienced shooter. Could you explain how much more violent the recoil is on the SV? What do you think makes recoil harsher? What exactly does "the SVI is flat" mean?

Thanks.

Bob, your description about the recoil on these two guns makes it seem like the SV's recoil would be a lot harder to handle than the Limcat, especially for a less experienced shooter...

By the time SVI is ready the shooter will no longer be "less experienced". ;)

For about 18 months?

Well, I was told 12-15 months for build time. After the 90 day modification period I guess the wait is 9-12 months. I am used to ordering hunting rifles that take a year or two to make, so waiting is not a big deal for me. I'll probably give them a call in February of 2017 to see what's up if I am not contacted first. I was told they'd ship me a basic CA roster approved gun 9 months after the order so I can register it in CA and then after the 10 day waiting period I'll send it back to get it customized into the gun I want.

Anybody know the difference in textures of the regular micro pockets vs the tactical pockets. Not even gonna mess with the evil bubbles cause I hear it's way way aggressive. I am guessing the tactical is in the middle of the 2.

Edited by Dirtchevy841

Anybody know the difference in textures of the regular micro pockets vs the tactical pockets. Not even gonna mess with the evil bubbles cause I hear it's way way aggressive. I am guessing the tactical is in the middle of the 2.

You are exactly right

I have shot several Limcat open guns and now a few SVI open guns. There are some differences despite both being amazing machines. All of the Limcat guns have been a bit softer shooting. The SVI is flat, but a bit harsher. I really like the feel of the SVI grip. Never felt a Limcat steel grip, but the SVI feels like a CZ, curved in the right spot.

Bob, your description about the recoil on these two guns makes it seem like the SV's recoil would be a lot harder to handle than the Limcat, especially for a less experienced shooter. Could you explain how much more violent the recoil is on the SV? What do you think makes recoil harsher? What exactly does "the SVI is flat" mean?

Thanks.

The svi downright doesn't move up, just felt in the palm. The limcats have been softer on the palm with predictable movement.

5" gun versus a 4.5" gun is the difference.

I have a 5" gun as a back up, again it's softer, but I don't shoot it as fast.

The svi downright doesn't move up, just felt in the palm. The limcats have been softer on the palm with predictable movement.

5" gun versus a 4.5" gun is the difference.

I have a 5" gun as a back up, again it's softer, but I don't shoot it as fast.

Flat vs vertical movement is your choice/preference. The number of poppel holes and comp design plus the type/amount of powder to drive the bullet to major pf will generate more gas out the holes & comp and push down so the impulses will feel different.

Sight tracker vs non or other weight shifting techniques and springs, etc. feel different and perform different in terms of reciprocating mass. Shorter/longer barrels and powder/load/bullet selection too.

Though in terms of just splits, talked about this in a recent class with Max Michel... He said he likes his open guns to track vertically very predictably and he shoots pretty damn fast. :-)

Anyway, if you like it flatter or softer, talk with your builder so they can adjust it to your desire.

could get one of these with no wait

For the cost of a tuned mag!

...or even less, on sale!

Then, of course, there's this:

Made by hand by careful craftsman and recommended by top USPSA shooters!

Edited by teros135

Check was recieve today at SV I am in line no changing mind or bring fickle now. Lol. And just dropped 500 on new belt rig. Now just have to wait a year? Also talked to Casey today and finalized the build a specs. And Roy they do still send out grips to try Casey gonna send me 2 to try to see which one is best for me.

Just curious, anybody running the SV zero rear sight with fiber optic inserts. Was thinking of going with that sight. Is it better than just the black rear zero. Never shoot a comp gun with fiber in back always was just the black rear.

I have the rear fiber inserts on my SVI. Personally, I like it - and if you like 3 dot sights, you'll probably like rear fiber too. By default the colors are front fiber red and rear fibers green, but I would prefer the opposite, were I to do it again.

Edited by matts2k

Does Brandon already set the SV up for slide not to lock open or do you have to request it not to. I know he already puns the grip safety.

Actually, they use a non-pivoting billet grip safety. I would make sure he knows you want that. Way better than pinning......