Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat vs SV

Dirtchevy841

Don't do it.......don't talk to just Trace....otherwise you'll end up buying 2 pistols with one of them being a left handed model..............

Just kidding.......Give Trace, myself, Papa Joe, Weaverbagger or any of the other Team members a call. Happy to help. Doing your first gunbuilder can be a overwhelming....after that you'll be like the rest of us where we always have one done and ready to submit to the factory "Just In Case".....................

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmmmm.......let me think about this one for a minute...................yeah, I was just dreaming about my next pistol on order.....................

SV Infinity all the way..........I couldn't ask for a better friend to take care of me than Brandon Strayer and his whole staff at Infinity.

Roy Neal

Team SV Infinity.........

I have not met Brandon. I got my first SVI Open (used) and the staff at Infinity went out of their way to help. The gun came with the smaller magwell and I ordered the larger one. An email arrived the next day after ordered and told me they knew the gun and just send them the magwell. They would convert it to one I wanted saving me quite a few dollars. Infinity turned around my magwell in record time. Not only do their guns look awesome-They are awesome!

I have never heard anyone complain about SVI. I've had numerous Open guns, but only one SVI. My next SVI will be new!

Edited by lcs

Roy Neal is a terrible influence. He's the one who walked me through my SVI Single Stack build which started out pretty austere by SVI standards and pretty much had every pretty aesthetic bell and whistle on it by the time the wait period was over.

I didn't end up taking Roy's suggestion to add a disco ball to it, but it was close.

Brandon was also very helpful when I had questions during the process and he added several of their new innovations to the build that were created after my initial order (after asking my permission of course) at no cost such as the double undercut trigger guard and the nifty new extended Single Stack mag release.

Roy also helped me figure out my holster purchase which saved me a lot of grief, trial, and error.

I think both are great choices. the one thing that MIGHT influence me would be wait time.

I love the SV gear. I just recently purchased my first SV (an open gun). I purchased it used which meant no wait time.

I've played with a few Limcat open guns and I have to say whilst Johnny might use a lot of off the shelf parts (some are in fact SV) he does still custom make some small parts and the styling on his guns is totally unique. He's also pushing the envelop with porting and funky jet port/turbo comps etc. Some of the styling is not quite to my taste (though I can say the same for some SV stuff) but the quality is beyond question imo.

So I would consider both options. Price difference is not likely to be significant assuming you added the same kind of options on each gun (steel grip, type of optic etc).

The most significant difference is likely to be waiting time. For me it's a little bit of a deal breaker. I have no idea what type of innovations will be around in 18 mths time so for me ordering a gun now and waiting over a year doesn't feel quite right. I know Brandon will let you incorporate changes as your actual built comes up for it's assembly and I guess that mitigates that argument to a degree.

Now that I have one SV 2011 and soon a CK thunder to go with it I might feel different and with 2 solid open 2011's I might persuade myself to order one up and play the waiting game.

Beyond these 2 great builders I'd also consider Akai and Cheely/Freedom or CK. They all seem to have similar philosophy on open guns. That is they all tend to like steel grips, lighter titan comps, ported barrels and all make flat shooting, fast running guns. There are differences between them of course but the basic config is somewhat similar.

Out of them all SV is the only one that make basically every part (including the barrel) in house. CK now make frames, slides and grips the others use a mix of what they each consider to be the best parts available along with some custom bits.

As I mentioned for me a decider would be waiting time.

Eric..........I didn't say a disco ball......I might have mentioned stripper pole so that is where the confusion comes in............however, I am pretty sure that I did mention that if you wanted pink fuzzy bunny slippers to match your grips of your new SV pistol, as long as $$ wasn't an issue, they could do that. Tell the truth now....you got them, didn't you??? That is the rumor at the factory.......I might have started it but that really doesn't matter.....the only thing that really matters is that you luv your new pistol, don't ya?

And for that reason alone, I am happy for you. Because if you truly do luv it, you'll practice with it and compete with it. It won't be a chore to clean it and keep up on the maintenance...

So...when are you submitting your next gunbuilder?? hahahahahaaha

Ericjhuber,

You have no idea of how terrible an influence Roy can be..... he is also a facilitator....

Every time I have to dig through the safe I can blame Roy for at least half the guns I have to move.....

Mind you.... it is not a bad thing......

Roy was instrumental in my getting a beautiful SV limited gun. I am no longer troubled with trying to decide between an SV or anything else.... it will be SV every time.

woof

Edited by woof

I have a SV and an Akai. I must say my Akai feels better in my hand but that is probably because it is mostly SV parts. It has an SV hybrid barrel, SV steel grip, SV fire controls, and SV mag well. Either way find some guns that people are willing to let you shoot before making a blind jump. Good Luck and between Limcat and SV they are both great guns.

I am not just a facilitator.........I am an SV Companionator.........where individuals are matched up with their ideal firearm for a lifelong relationship of shooting and fun............

Mostly, it's because I know a guy................who just happens to be THE guy......but he takes my calls.

I am not just a facilitator.........I am an SV Companionator.........where individuals are matched up with their ideal firearm for a lifelong relationship of shooting and fun............

Mostly, it's because I know a guy................who just happens to be THE guy......but he takes my calls.

So youre the SV version of the eHarmony guy eharmlove.jpg

3 wow. Can't wait to get my first. Hopefully it 12 months and not the back end on 15 months. Does SV ever come in before 12 months. Or it's as they say in between 12-15.

I'm sure it's possible but it's always best to keep your expectations realistic. Trust me, once you get your first one, that wait for the second one won't be that bad. I guess that probably is the only bad thing about buying your first Infinity, after you get it, it's hard to stop at one...

One ? For SV guys. Some people are telling me not to get the triglide system with that ball bearing. When I built the pistol it automatically comes with. Is this something not to get in it or just some people that had issues with it just hating on it. I have no experience with it so I don't know one way or the other.

Edited by Dirtchevy841

I have the limcat wildcat tracker 5.5. It's awesome. Customer service was amazing as well. I've never held an Infinity but they sure look amazing. Ask trace to post some pics of his. Just gorgeous.

One cool thing with limcat is you can send it in once a year for a free refinishing/recoating. I don't know if SV does that....

Here's my limcat.....

dbdcee5a4c7a6e515922c56a2f574ddd.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Edited by 3djedi