Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat vs SV

Dirtchevy841

You're going to get incredible builds either way. I think it really just comes down to aesthetics, slides cuts. And I don't think anyone could make up your mind for you. You either like a design or not. But as far as shootability, you gave yourself the choice between really awesome vs really awesome. *shrug

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're going to get incredible builds either way. I think it really just comes down to aesthetics, slides cuts. And I don't think anyone could make up your mind for you. You either like a design or not. But as far as shootability, you gave yourself the choice between really awesome vs really awesome. *shrug

Thanks Mike.

Well since this has started I have made my halfway point on my build time. Geez.

Lol. What was your final desicion on going with SV. I still have time to change my mind again. Next Monday sending deposit off to someone lol

Well,

So about 10 years ago my house was broke into, had all my mags stolen had an area match coming up. I called SVI, talked to some guy named Brandon that didn't know me from anyone. I asked about mags, he said they had none in stock. Got my info and said he would make sure I got some as soon as possible. They ended up making sure I had mags in my hands before the end of the week. Never had a CC, anything they sent a bill once I got a set of mags in my hand.

Second reason, I have one already. No one around me has an SVI. I have always envied the fine detail and finish. I searched everywhere daily for one. A used one popped up at a price I jumped on. I shot it some and really fell in love with the performance and design. Decided I want a new one. This one will become my back up open gun.

I have shot several Limcat open guns and now a few SVI open guns. There are some differences despite both being amazing machines. All of the Limcat guns have been a bit softer shooting. The SVI is flat, but a bit harsher. I really like the feel of the SVI grip. Never felt a Limcat steel grip, but the SVI feels like a CZ, curved in the right spot.

Fickle again but no more lol. Just got off the phone with Roy. Wrote the check to SV going with my initial thought. Yeah yeah yeah I know FICKLE. But had to be sure and I am sure now. Check is in the mail. ? You will not see me change my mind again. After talking to Roy for an hour it's settled.

You listened to Roy---OMG---

:surprise:

Sandy should put him on the payroll. Until I sold my SV Open gun I was trying to compete with him in the number of SV. He won. But I have a SV dedicated to a .22 TS upper! So I win.

You listened to Roy---OMG---

:surprise:

Sandy should put him on the payroll. Until I sold my SV Open gun I was trying to compete with him in the number of SV. He won. But I have a SV dedicated to a .22 TS upper! So I win.

I was devastated my ts upper wouldn't fit on my steel gripped frame last night. That would have been sweet.

not to confuse someone who is already clearly indecisive but have you look at Akai and/or talk to Shay or someone there?

They do some pretty interesting slide cuts etc (seems you like that given your affinity with limcat). They also have some pretty interesting comp setups (the gill comp) that by most accounts works very well.

SV is fantastic but the wait time for me personally would be a bit of a deal killer. if you had another 2011 open gun to shoot in the meantime then sure the SV wait is not so bad. but from memory this is your first open gun. waiting a year for it is another year you wont be shooting...

4-6 months would probably be bearable to me. try akai and see what they can do for you and in what kind of timeframe.

They make some pretty guns too... :)

DSC_2492.JPG

I've owned 2 Akai Custom Guns. 1 40cal limited gun and 1 40cal single stack. I sold the limited gun since I primarily shoot Single Stack. I never had a single malfunction in either of the guns he built. Plus Shay has always been fast to respond to me when I've had a question.

Don't want to bother Casey to much so can anybody tell me the process now. When they recieve check do they call you and how does the process go through etc.

Go on the website. Play with gun builder. Get what you want and submit the design. The factory will message you back on that design with costs etc. you then send your deposit.

Don't want to bother Casey to much so can anybody tell me the process now. When they recieve check do they call you and how does the process go through etc.

Go on the website. Play with gun builder. Get what you want and submit the design. The factory will message you back on that design with costs etc. you then send your deposit.

Yeah I know did all that. Just wondering what the process was after. Or do you not hear anything till pistol is finished. Just wanted to see if there's updates as gun is being built etc. never did anything like this before and just wanted to hear about other members experience with a sv build.