Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat vs SV

Dirtchevy841

ok, am I sensing new thread.

When was your start date????

Start date 7-23-16. Started this thread in April I think to get opinions on SV vs limcat. If I would've just went with SV like I planned start date would've been in April. Buddy got in my ear cause he's a limcat guy and that started the 2nd guessing. But for the money wanted to be sure SV was the way to go. Next one not gonna wait lol.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Herb,

That may be just the purdiest IMM that I have ever seen pictures of............impressive to say the least.................makes me want to go back and look at a new gunbuilder myself for an IMM......................so, yeah.....I hate you just a little bit right now.

Received sample grips from Brandon today. All I can can say wow. I know these grips are unfinished but the quality and the fit and finish is crazy. First grip I looked at after opening pkg I thought it was all one piece till I saw the tiny line where the magwell and msh was together. Crazy and it's basically only roughed in. WOW.

Infinity, worth the wait! Looking forward to the next one(only 6 or 8 months longer).

ok. 2 things. I still just LOVE the butler cut on limited guns. and 2, I love the diamond pattern IN the diamond serrations. had not seen that before. looks great. :)

Less than a month old, well worth the wait.

please stop posting pictures of that!! I just got excited over the diamonds in diamonds on fowlmouths gun and now I see yours which is an open build (ie better!) and it had freaking diamonds in diamonds on the barrel rib and comp too!! The detail on it is astounding. and fortunately the overall look is very cohesive, not busy at all. makes my old SV look shabby as hell. i was just excited I finally got a racker on it.... :(

Great customer service right from the start. Recieved sample grips and the next day received call from Tiffany asking if I was able to make choice of grips from what they sent or I needed other grips. I know it took me awhile to decide but damn I made the right choice. Now the wait gonna kill me lol b

Dirtchev one thing to remember when choosing is the condition of your hands. In the colder temps textured is nice but as temps warm up if your hands get wet its nice to have skate tape signature with coarse texture to minimize slip. For me the texture without all the small voids made a big difference.

Which grip configuration did you go with (Competition, traditional or signature)?

I liked the competition, it was closers to my other 2011 grips. The signature just didn't work for me, with the deeper relief. On the draw the front sight was not showing up in the right location.

I went with the aggressive micropockets. It doesn't slip in this hot humid weather we have been having. After a week your hand will callus up.

Edited by Fowlmouths

I got to handle Herbs new IMM this past weekend and I can confirm a couple of things:

1. It is the prettiest looking IMM I have ever seen...(even if it is set up for a left hander....)

2. I hate Herb more than just a little bit now that I have seen the gun with my own eyes....

3.....I might have to admit I started a gunbuilder for an IMM..................I might also have to sell a kidney to finance it but that is a whole different story.....

So Thanks Herb..........................

Bobby is going to luv his new SV when he gets it. I am actually enjoying his waiting for it just like the rest of us when we have ordered one in the past......like a kid on Christmas morning and it's 5am and your parents are not awake yet..............