Limcat vs SV

Dirtchevy841

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On August 11, 2016 at 4:47 PM, Kingman said:

Well despite having one on order.

I went ahead and ordered a new signature tactical pocket grip so both guns match. After nationals I am going to play limited a bit and have the gun tuned up also.

I really liked that signature tactical pocket grip. The sample they sent was unfinished but it felt really good in my hand. Aggressive was to much and standard was not nearly enough grip. The tactical was in the middle but a little on the aggressive side. Felt really good. 

2 hours ago, MissionaryMike said:

On SV's Facebook page, Brandon/Tiffany said that the aggressive grip is actually the most popular.  Go figure.  

I I ordered mine w/ the Tactical texture as well. 

I heard that to, but when I felt my buddies pt grip it was like needles sticking you. SV was not that bad but still felt uncomfortable to me and with that being so aggressive you can't adjust your grip when you draw. People tell me that's the main draw back of the evil bubbles is that you can't adjust grip that much or not at all. 

Crap. Just added to the cost of build. Couple days ago emailed Casey about some custom work on the grip sent in a ruff design idea. Well 2 days later Casey said they can do it. Wow it's gonna be well worth the extra money to get this done. Roy was right already starting to plan the next build lol. 

7 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Crap. Just added to the cost of build. Couple days ago emailed Casey about some custom work on the grip sent in a ruff design idea. Well 2 days later Casey said they can do it. Wow it's gonna be well worth the extra money to get this done. Roy was right already starting to plan the next build lol. 

Yep, already know my next one.  The sad part, I think I am going to go with what would have been a modified division gun just because it might be fun.  Thinking high cap probably in 40 with hybrid holes and slide mounted RMR.  

So I am in Vegas for a few days and went to JJ Racazza shop. He got a great selection of 2011 hanging on the wall. He happened to have 2 limited Limcat in stock and I was able to fondle them. The battle cat with the weight in front was pretty cool.  The fit and finish was nice .  I have seen a few SV guns and truthfully I think the limcats are nice but just a step below a SV. One thing I did notice on the Limcat was the slide to frame fit had more play than I would have liked for a custom gun.  How that affects anything is up for debate.  

If anyone wants Limcat asap look up JJ shop in Vegas or just stop by if you are in town 

5 hours ago, Sandbagger123 said:

So I am in Vegas for a few days and went to JJ Racazza shop. He got a great selection of 2011 hanging on the wall. He happened to have 2 limited Limcat in stock and I was able to fondle them. The battle cat with the weight in front was pretty cool.  The fit and finish was nice .  I have seen a few SV guns and truthfully I think the limcats are nice but just a step below a SV. One thing I did notice on the Limcat was the slide to frame fit had more play than I would have liked for a custom gun.  How that affects anything is up for debate.  

If anyone wants Limcat asap look up JJ shop in Vegas or just stop by if you are in town 

I have been told that is built in a bit of play to allow the gun to run better from the factory.  The one thing I've noticed is a Limcat will still run, just a bit different philosophy on how to build a gun.  SVI everything is super tight from day 1 and day 50k, Limcat has a bit of movement, but it stays the same.  

SVI everything is super tight from day 1 and day 50k, Limcat has a bit of movement, but it stays the same.

That's super tight help me to win World Shoot? Nationals?

SV or LimCat is personal choice ... both gun have a same quality,this new line LimCat which JJ have in a store is amazing!!!

Edited by ZeljkoLucic

On August 21, 2016 at 2:33 AM, ZeljkoLucic said:

SVI everything is super tight from day 1 and day 50k, Limcat has a bit of movement, but it stays the same.

That's super tight help me to win World Shoot? Nationals?

SV or LimCat is personal choice ... both gun have a same quality,this new line LimCat which JJ have in a store is amazing!!!

Yeah they are nice. My main decision came down to being able to do what I want to pistol rather than having one design. For the amount of money these pistols cost that's what made my mind up on SV plus the quality and service Sv has. 

Yeah they are nice. My main decision came down to being able to do what I want to pistol rather than having one design. For the amount of money these pistols cost that's what made my mind up on SV plus the quality and service Sv has. 

That's a point !!! You can do with your money anything you want in LimCat custom or SV. You can play and ask anything you want beacouse you pay for full custom gun.

Quality is same!!!

I bee tomorow with JJ in his store and I bring my Infinitys to make a video about quality!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Limited  SVI that I bought used with about 25K through it and I put another 35K through it, other than a cracked hammer ( shot in a state match with a cracked hammer- replaced it with a Koenig) , the pistol is still accurate. You won't go wrong with the SV or a limcat but I prefer the SV ( personal choice).

3 hours ago, ZeljkoLucic said:

That's a point !!! You can do with your money anything you want in LimCat custom or SV. You can play and ask anything you want beacouse you pay for full custom gun.

Quality is same!!!

I bee tomorow with JJ in his store and I bring my Infinitys to make a video about quality!

Up to a point with limcats. Slide and frame work is what they have. Asked if I could do different stuff. They said only comes in that style. Now color you can do any color. I hear it's nice pistol just wanted more in custom stuff that they didn't offer. I wanted certain things done and almost settled with limcat but just didn't want to regret not getting what I wanted the way I wanted. My buddy just got a razor cat 9mm open its really nice. 

I bought two .40  Limited Trusight Limcats a few years ago and then ordered another two 2 years later (wanted to have 4 identical pieces, but the second pair was the newer tungsten sleeved version).
What the two batches had in common was that one pistol in each batch run OK, and the other not -. there were clear fitting issues that persisted after a 20-30 thousand rounds, I took it to a gunsmith once for a different reason and he pointed out (and corrected it on a CNC machine) that a sleve on the barrel was not properly - gradually-  sloped down to smooth the edge.  I still dont know why the other "bad" pistol runs erratic, used it for practice only.

The two newer Limcats had slides so loose right from the shop, that if you shook the gun in your hand you hear rattling sound (!).  Admittedly the feeding was OK (with the good gun) right from the beginning for a wide range of ammo (lenght), which is not always true for supertight guns.  I thought it was a  feature, until I went to the Limcat stand at the Florida Worldshoot and checked out the displayed guns. Tight as a virgin. Or a swiss vault, if you prefer.  That made me feel a bit stupid, but the Limcats were quite accurate so perhaps the tightnes in the display guns is for the ignorant, who are being told everywhere that tight guns are better. Don't know...

After about 35K rounds the slide cracked on the newer Limcat a few weeks ago. Tritopping makes the slide very thin and weak.

The biggest disappointment were the "tuned' mags from Limcat which are my only mags (I own about 25) that malfunction with every gun, but especially... with the Limcats. Changed the spring etc., no change - I cant even figure out why are they so bad (and expensive).

Living in Europe makes any repairs/guarantee a virtually non-existing option.

I never owned an SVI, but had one on order, that I cancelled after 1.5 years of wait. During that time I witnessed 6 different SVI owners have problems with their guns, mainly things breaking prematuraly.  In fact, I yet have to meet an unsponsored SVI shooter who did not (admit to) have problems with the gun after 5-7-15 K rounds. Of course its a limited sample, but It convinced me not to want one.  One thing that SVI does great is the trigger job, though - its beyond real.

I have another 4 pistols (2+2) made by 2 different European gunsmiths. One is an engineer and only makes guns as a hobby, for friends - he came highly recommended and so far the guns run great (but they dont have lightened slides like my all other guns, and none has more than 25K rounds). The other two custom guns had slight fitting issues (too tight) and recently slide cracked in an unusual place followed by a 5 cm long crack in the barrel... I still need to figure this one out..

I get really surprised when I see people posting praises about this and that custom gun. My guess is that they dont shoot much and with a couple of thousand rounds per year you surely wont experience problems for long time. If you shoot 50 thousand a year you need a truly reliable gun, thats why you pay extra for custom.  These guns just dont deliver this, perhaps except for a few display pieces and guns made specifically for the few sponsored shooter.

I bought two .40  Limited Trusight Limcats a few years ago and then ordered another two 2 years later (wanted to have 4 identical pieces, but the second pair was the newer tungsten sleeved version).
What the two batches had in common was that one pistol in each batch run OK, and the other not -. there were clear fitting issues that persisted after a 20-30 thousand rounds, I took it to a gunsmith once for a different reason and he pointed out (and corrected it on a CNC machine) that a sleve on the barrel was not properly - gradually-  sloped down to smooth the edge.  I still dont know why the other "bad" pistol runs erratic, used it for practice only.

The two newer Limcats had slides so loose right from the shop, that if you shook the gun in your hand you hear rattling sound (!).  Admittedly the feeding was OK (with the good gun) right from the beginning for a wide range of ammo (lenght), which is not always true for supertight guns.  I thought it was a  feature, until I went to the Limcat stand at the Florida Worldshoot and checked out the displayed guns. Tight as a virgin. Or a swiss vault, if you prefer.  That made me feel a bit stupid, but the Limcats were quite accurate so perhaps the tightnes in the display guns is for the ignorant, who are being told everywhere that tight guns are better. Don't know...

After about 35K rounds the slide cracked on the newer Limcat a few weeks ago. Tritopping makes the slide very thin and weak.

The biggest disappointment were the "tuned' mags from Limcat which are my only mags (I own about 25) that malfunction with every gun, but especially... with the Limcats. Changed the spring etc., no change - I cant even figure out why are they so bad (and expensive).

I never owned an SVI, but had one on order, that I cancelled after 1.5 years of wait. During that time I witnessed 6 different SVI owners have problems with their guns, mainly things breaking prematuraly.  In fact, I yet have to meet an unsponsored SVI shooter who did not (admit to) have problems with the gun after 5-7-15 K rounds. Of course its a limited sample, but It convinced me not to want one.  One thing that SVI does great is the trigger job, though - its beyond real.

I have another 4 pistols (2+2) made by 2 different European gunsmiths. One is an engineer and only makes guns as a hobby, for friends - he came highly recommended and so far the guns run great (but they dont have lightened slides like my all other guns, and none has more than 25K rounds). The other two custom guns had slight fitting issues (too tight) and recently slide cracked in an unusual place followed by a 5 cm long crack in the barrel... I still need to figure this one out..

I get really surprised when I see people posting praises about this and that custom gun. My guess is that they dont shoot much and with a couple of thousand rounds per year you surely wont experience problems for long time. If you shoot 50 thousand a year you need a truly reliable gun, thats why you pay extra for custom.  These guns just dont deliver this, perhaps except for a few display pieces and guns made specifically for the few sponsored shooter.

Like I says in previous post SAME QUALITY just different paint !!!

Like I says in previous post SAME QUALITY just different paint !!!

On 8/20/2016 at 0:01 AM, Dirtchevy841 said:

All changes finalized. Custom grip work finalized. Now I guess it's time to forget about the build and wait for the call it's ready. Damn it's gonna be a long wait. Lol

Finalized until it's not. :)  It just takes following the SV FB page for any length of time and you'll get new ideas after seeing what other people came up with for their builds.  In my defense, I only twiddled with the trigger on my build along with adding some of the new stuff they came up with after I put in my order (double undercut trigger guard and the nifty new angled mag release)...until Brandon told me the pistol was in fitting.

Then I think the conversation was something like:

Brandon: Good news! The pistol is in fitting. Won't be long now.

Me: Wait!!! Make it even prettier!!!! Duotone that sucker!!!! Xcellerator cuts front and back!!!!! Put the cool Infinity symbol thingy on the slide!!!! Please tell me it's not too late...

Brandon: It's never too late to make an SVI even more awesome.

Maybe that's not verbatim, but that was the gist of it.  

EJH1911.jpg

Edited by ericjhuber

6 hours ago, ericjhuber said:

Finalized until it's not. :)  It just takes following the SV FB page for any length of time and you'll get new ideas after seeing what other people came up with for their builds.  In my defense, I only twiddled with the trigger on my build along with adding some of the new stuff they came up with after I put in my order (double undercut trigger guard and the nifty new angled mag release)...until Brandon told me the pistol was in fitting.

Then I think the conversation was something like:

Brandon: Good news! The pistol is in fitting. Won't be long now.

Me: Wait!!! Make it even prettier!!!! Duotone that sucker!!!! Xcellerator cuts front and back!!!!! Put the cool Infinity symbol thingy on the slide!!!! Please tell me it's not too late...

Brandon: It's never too late to make an SVI even more awesome.

Maybe that's not verbatim, but that was the gist of it.  

EJH1911.jpg

Lol. Nice single stack. I really interested in seeing how my custom grip will look and turnout. With their quality it'll be top notch. And as far as upgrades I think I am done unless something new comes out. But I think I am upgraded enough and the custom work they are willing to do is icing on the cake. Just have to bear the wait now?