Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat vs SV

Dirtchevy841

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my first infinity. It's an open gun. Buying it used meant I had to wait a week instead of over a year but of course meant I couldn't choose exactly what I wanted in terms of features.

The trigger is amazing. certainly sub 2lb. The slide has that real 'rolling on ball bearings' feel that all sv's seem to have when you rack it.

Despite being used there's only a few small signs of wear cosmetically but the lockup is amazingly tight. No play at barrel hood nor in slide to frame fit.

It's a cool looking gun. It's an open running a 5.4 inch dust cover which equals the length of the comp. it's running a schuemann barrel (gold TiN coated), titanium imm style comp but 3 chambers instead of the usual 2 and 2 barrel ports instead of the usual 3 (but they are quite large and square in shape).

The grip is the old style sv plastic grip. Frame is stainless and slide is done in an amazing looking black chrome type finish.

All I plan to do is change the optic (currently runs an aimpoint) and fit a racker. Then shoot it a lot. :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy yours too when it comes. :)

Here are the pics for you Matt. All I'll be doing to it really is replacing the optic with a slideride 90 mounted or a RTS2 and will be getting a dovetail cut for a racker. I may change to a steel grip too. Still thinking about that one. :)

IMG_4833_zpspecwkvnf.jpg

e3981665-a8c2-46d3-8091-0f240e018437_zps

IMG_4828_zpsw42xfwzx.jpg

IMG_4834_zpspq8jom5q.jpg

nice little custom made gold SV emblem. Sadly one is missing... d'oh.

IMG_4832_zpsgtfdjvqy.jpg

Thanks Matt. The crummy pics don't do it justice. The gold TiN on the barrel is brilliant gold. the black on the slide is like a mirror finish, sort of black chrome look. The comp is just regular plain titanium colour and the frame is a nice stainless look. The scope is a little scruffy but the rest looks really nice. It's an interesting piece for sure. I do love the 2 square popple holes. They look pretty cool.

It's also the wider dust cover so slide is flush with frame. It does look mean with the long wide dc and with the tri top.

It's not as heavy as you might think. It's no shorty but it's not the nose heavy monster I was expecting. The fact the barrel is only ~4 inch and that the 2 inch comp is titanium no doubt helps.

I don't own either but have close friends who own both.

Both are built well but SV got better materials. Where do they differ? Customer service! I guy I shoot with said he called Limcat twice and left a message to order 2 open guns and never got a call back. Okay, maybe someone or my buddy made a mistake. A buddy who I'm close with that owns one for about 3 yrs now have gotten screwed with repair times on a couple of occassion by Limcat and had to follow up several times. SV on the other hand, has awesome customer service from what I've seen.

Just my 2 cents.

Hope it helps.

Johnny has been awesome for me and i dont even have one of his guns yet! I was squadded with him at a local match and he was super helpful and gave me a bunch of great advice on fixing some issues i was having with my SV Open gun. He has always responded super quick to messages on FB too!

I love my SV Open gun and would buy another, i also really like Johnny's guns and most everyone out here in Northern Cali shoots them, I would grab one of those too. Either way you cant go wrong, i guess it comes down to personal preference, price, and availability

Anybody have the möbius cut out in their grip. Having second thoughts on getting it. Don't know if I will like that much of the grip cut out. Thinking on going with the regular full grip. Any opinions. How does it feel with the cutout. Don't want to feel like it's missing a bunch of the grip and feel crappy in my hand.

Anybody have the möbius cut out in their grip. Having second thoughts on getting it. Don't know if I will like that much of the grip cut out. Thinking on going with the regular full grip. Any opinions. How does it feel with the cutout. Don't want to feel like it's missing a bunch of the grip and feel crappy in my hand.

With their steel grips, even with the cutout, there's no flex at all.

If you have long fingers you could wrap around far enough for it to be distracting but I like it. :-)

I tried one with möbius cut. I could feel it playing around at the safe table (I have big hand so my strong hand fingers just reach it) but when I shot it it didn't bother me at all. If you like the look go for it I say. :)

One ? For SV guys. Some people are telling me not to get the triglide system with that ball bearing. When I built the pistol it automatically comes with. Is this something not to get in it or just some people that had issues with it just hating on it. I have no experience with it so I don't know one way or the other.

Whoever told you that is probably worried that you might beat them. The tri-glide triggers are great.

I am a great supporter of SVI, and have five of them - with one more on the way as soon as I connect with my enabler, Casey.

I also like Johnny Lim's work. He does push the envelope, styling-wise, and he will meet you anywhere, anytime to fix whatever's wrong. I have owned a couple of his, but no longer do.

Dirt,

If you are use to shooting a standard 2011 grip and have normal size hands you might want to look at the SVI small competition grip. I tried that back to back against the signature grip. The front sight was not where I wanted it on the draw with the Signature grip. It has just enough cut out that your wrist angle needs to change. If your back-up gun has a different grip it will take some time to transition from one grip to the other.

On the mobius cut-out, I have never noticed it or bothered me. I belive it takes about 1 1/2 oz out of the grip on a steel grip.

The aggressive texture makes grip adjustments a little difficult so if you have to shift your grip for mag changes the tactical or standard texture might be something to think about.

Last big decision on build. Right side or heft side mag release. My hands are sm to med in size. i can work the release very good now. Should I give it a try on right side or just stick to what I know. Anybody with the right side SV release.

SVI mag releases are interchangeable from left to right side on their grips(provided yout don't order the IDPA release). You would need to get another mag button for $30 bucks or so to go from oNE sidea to the other.

SVI mag releases are interchangeable from left to right side on their grips(provided yout don't order the IDPA release). You would need to get another mag button for $30 bucks or so to go from oNE sidea to the other.

Cool thanks. Will just add a button to order to try left side release.

Im in the same situation as you OP. That being said I have had the opportunity to shoot both and love both. Im leaning towards the SV myself. I hope you can get your hands on some, put rounds through them and feel what you like best. Good luck.