Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat vs SV

Dirtchevy841

Does Brandon already set the SV up for slide not to lock open or do you have to request it not to. I know he already puns the grip safety.

Actually, they use a non-pivoting billet grip safety. I would make sure he knows you want that. Way better than pinning......

do you have to request the non pivoting?

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Brandon already set the SV up for slide not to lock open or do you have to request it not to. I know he already puns the grip safety.

Actually, they use a non-pivoting billet grip safety. I would make sure he knows you want that. Way better than pinning......

That's what I wanted to know also. Sent a message to Casey to see.

I think the non-pivoting grip safety that Trace mentioned is their default method in "pinning" the grip safety. I also made the request to "pin" the grip safety, and the response back from SVI was that they would note my request for the "non functional" grip safety. I think if they pinned like everyone else, they would have responded like so. Just a guess though.

If you don't want/need the grip safety to be functional, the non-pivoting one is a better option because it blends perfectly with the grip and there is no movement. It was a great idea.

Went last night and put it in gunbuilder that I wanted. Thanks ranger.

Man for the wait time and the money I hope it's worth it like all say. Like I said before I've seen the top end SV but nobody that I know off has a SV build complete.

This has been a highly anxious process for you. I mean, youre even making me nervous. There's no need to be. I don't know what your build includes, but you're most likely upwards of $5k. If you don't have the utmost confidence in Brandon and the SVI team in building this piece for you, I would ask for a refund on the deposit.

Otherwise, if you aren't completely satisfied upon its arrival, I'm sure you can resell it on the forums here at 95+% of what you paid. The idea of owning a brand new SVI w/o the wait time will be too enticing to someone out there... Maybe me ?

Man for the wait time and the money I hope it's worth it like all say. Like I said before I've seen the top end SV but nobody that I know off has a SV build complete.

This has been a highly anxious process for you. I mean, youre even making me nervous. There's no need to be. I don't know what your build includes, but you're most likely upwards of $5k. If you don't have the utmost confidence in Brandon and the SVI team in building this piece for you, I would ask for a refund on the deposit.

Otherwise, if you aren't completely satisfied upon its arrival, I'm sure you can resell it on the forums here at 95+% of what you paid. The idea of owning a brand new SVI w/o the wait time will be too enticing to someone out there... Maybe me

You ain't getting mine, over 7k

Otherwise, if you aren't completely satisfied upon its arrival, I'm sure you can resell it on the forums here at 95+% of what you paid. The idea of owning a brand new SVI w/o the wait time will be too enticing to someone out there... Maybe me

You ain't getting mine, over 7k

Lol. Me too. I am a little under 7k.

Received confirmation today. Build time started 7-23-16 from Tiffany. Another member posted awhile back that they send sample grips out. They still do that have 2 signature grips Reg pickets and tactical with möbius cut out headed my way so I can pick the one I like best being I was using skater tape with smooth grip before.

Another member suggested getting Dawson easy off pads for sandy areas bring it was a little bit more time to take the SV pads off to clean tubes. Said there was a Allen screw in their pads. Can anyone explain where and how it is. Can't really tell in pics of it. So you have to unscrew to get base pad off?

Another member suggested getting Dawson easy off pads for sandy areas bring it was a little bit more time to take the SV pads off to clean tubes. Said there was a Allen screw in their pads. Can anyone explain where and how it is. Can't really tell in pics of it. So you have to unscrew to get base pad off?

I can post pics at home. But, yes. Small Allen head you have to back out.

I can post pics at home. But, yes. Small Allen head you have to back out.

I have SVI and Dawson and TTI. I like the Dawson the best for ease of use and but I have to use the regular not the SNL version to get it to fit in the magazine gauge.

Wow. I think I went with the right builder. Got a call from Tiffany today they are sending me sample grips to try out to see whick I like best. Didn't dven gave to call and remind them. Seems like they are on top of it. Glad I decided to go with SV. I think I am gonna be very impressed and happy with my new limited pistol when it's done.

Wow. I think I went with the right builder. Got a call from Tiffany today they are sending me sample grips to try out to see whick I like best. Didn't dven gave to call and remind them. Seems like they are on top of it. Glad I decided to go with SV. I think I am gonna be very impressed and happy with my new limited pistol when it's done.

Of course you're going to be happy, and impressed. All the SVI fans have been praising the build quality, and you're going to be paying almost $7000 for it. You can't be anything *but* happy (or the cognitive dissonance would eat you alive)!

When I get mine, I'll let you know if you'll be happy with yours. I put my order in first ?

Lol. If I wouldn't have screwed around with deciding on which to go with would've had a April start date. Oh well for almost 7k I better be 100% good with it so the extra time to decide doesn't bother me to much.?