Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pinning the grip safety ?

ashman627

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've cut small triangular pieces of shockbuff material and jammed them between the grip safety and mainspring housing. My .45 has been like this for 25 years. Pinning or welding a blob on the grip safety and filing to fit with the mainspring housing is nicer, but the cut shockbuff works fine, too.

Don't need a drill press

"Need" is a funny word like that. If you want to drill into the MSH and keep the hole between the spring hole and edge

without one, feel free.

Don't be such an engineer! Lol good shooting last night

Edited by jcc7x7

Pin mine, cheap easy to do with a drill press and you haven't trashed a fitted part. May come a time you want to sell

that pistol, pin is easily removed and the safety works again. Want to try IDPA, it got to work and you have cut the grip

safety then it's weld it up time. Now drill press try the shock buff trick, you have only trashed a cheap part.

I've cut small triangular pieces of shockbuff material and jammed them between the grip safety and mainspring housing. My .45 has been like this for 25 years. Pinning or welding a blob on the grip safety and filing to fit with the mainspring housing is nicer, but the cut shockbuff works fine, too.

i would love to see how you do it.. want that route.

The five second way: just bend the leaf on the sear spring so it doesn't push on the grip safety's arm. Then gravity or the slightest touch pushes it in so the safety is never engaged.

This doesn't work for everyone. With this method it's not uncommon for some people to grip the gun and activate the safety inadvertently. Pinning is foolproof and if done properly is easily reversed with minimal effort.