Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What distance does everyone sight in the gun for?

kevinm

As for PCC yes, for me to get a head shot at 15yrds and in, my dot is at the very top edge of the target.

I learned this bullshit the other day. Sighted my dot at 20 real quick, ran off to a match. Shot fast/clean A's all match, then stitched a no-shoot 3 TIMES at 7 yards trying to make a couple pairs of headshots. Got home, shot at 5-7 yards to find that my gun shoots 3-4" low up close. I'm new to this open stuff. At least irons don't lie...sight at 50, dead on all the way out +/-1.5".

• 4 weeks later...

I recently started shooting a stock 2 and was having some issues with the LPA getting it dialed in right . I went anywhere from 10 yrs out to 30 and it seems to do best and zero at 20 - 25 give or take . My issue is I still think the gun shoots a bit low for my liking but I cannot adjust the rear LPA any further so might have to start playing with fronts now .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I go with 25 yds. Then I also make sure to know how my pistol shoots up close at say 5 or 7 yards and further out at 35 yds. That way I'm covered on any stages where there's an up close shot on a head shot target and the occasional long shot.

I agree. Whatever yardage you choose to site your dot at, the most important thing is to know what's going to happen at a 5 yard head shot and a 35 yard shot.

Whether you site it in at 15 or 25, you'll still need to be confident with your "hold" at 5 yards AND 35 yards.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

15 yards

at a recent match there was a steel plate about 90 yards out, not part of the match.

after the match I shot it with my limited gun, 3rd hit on Steel.

same plate, 1st shot holding dead on with my open gun in .38 super comp.

most targets are within 15 to 18 yards in USPSA.