Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistol Caliber Carbine. (PCC)

DocMedic

Zack what kind of special magazines do you have and where can I get some.

They are from Carver Customs. I bought them used here on Enos.

Now I've heard of a PCC that will use a M&P mags (Kel-tec) and seen one upper reciever that will take a 1911/2011 frame so you could use your STI/SVI mags on also.

Just Right Carbine also makes lowers that accept Glock or M&P Mags.

As far as Power Factor goes I'd like to see it scored Minor, regardless of caliber used.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zack what kind of special magazines do you have and where can I get some.

They are from Carver Customs. I bought them used here on Enos.

Now I've heard of a PCC that will use a M&P mags (Kel-tec) and seen one upper reciever that will take a 1911/2011 frame so you could use your STI/SVI mags on also.

Just Right Carbine also makes lowers that accept Glock or M&P Mags.

As far as Power Factor goes I'd like to see it scored Minor, regardless of caliber used.

I agree minor regardless would be best.

Same goes for Irons and Optics. Both should be competing in the same division. The longer sight radius makes irons more effective than the pistol equivalent but also it is very easy to toss a dot on almost any PCC out there.

Granted it is going to be provisional, however, it is easier to give than to take away. I hope that thought is weaved into the appendix so hindsight does not have to be discussed. That will also help with the naysayers.

Too many issues putting PCC in handgun matches.

Actually no issues at all. Only opinion generated.

I disagree, but hopefully the President and BOD will listen to the members instead of a few of the vocal minority on it.

Granted it is going to be provisional, however, it is easier to give than to take away. I hope that thought is weaved into the appendix so hindsight does not have to be discussed. That will also help with the naysayers.

"Naysayers"? You mean those who don't agree with you?

Okay, no more back and forth about who said what or who edited what or who threatened who. Lets keep on topic and follow the rules of this forum

Posting Guidelines

Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.
No trolling. No alternate accounts.

I trust the President, BOD and DNROI will work diligently to make PCC a safe, enjoyable and well integrated part of our sport. I am sure they will make decisions based on a good faith attempt to improve the sport. I would hope "bowing to the will of the majority" is not the primary criterion.

I know there will be those who disagree with PCC as being a division for USPSA, if people have objective concerns of the PCC this would be the place to post them, I know a few of us would try to answer the question as best as we can with thought out discusion, simply saying that it "doesn't belong because of blah" doesn't get a lot of discussion going.

USPSA is a Hobby Sport, we're suppose to have fun.

Edited by DocMedic

I know there will be those who agree with PCC as being a division for USPSA Handgun matches, if people have objective reasons this would be the place to post them, I know a few of us would try to answer the question as best as we can with thought out discusion, simply saying that it "belongs because it is fun blah, blah" doesn't get a lot of discussion going.

USPSA Handgun matches is a Hobby Sport, we're suppose to have fun........with handguns.

;)

Range Positions: weak hand vs strong hand.

-These positions can still be done, and is a common firearm manipulation practice in the real world. PCC would be fired with the correct hand and shouldered while the other hand not touching the PCC.

If that is a rule, then our club will not be offering it as a Division. A smaller statured person, or weaker person, not only unsafe, but likely not possible.

ok, so you're saying that PCC's are fundamentally different from handguns, and they can't do all the same things, and stages and WSB's would have to be changed or dumbed down to accomodate them? I agree with you there. That's kind of why I am skeptical of them being in handgun matches.

Maybe it's just how I've been trained, but I am also very uncomfortable with the idea of being swept by an uncased gun in someone else's hands, even if it has a chamber flag. Maybe I'll get over that.

Edited by motosapiens

I know there will be those who disagree with PCC as being a division for USPSA, if people have objective concerns of the PCC this would be the place to post them, I know a few of us would try to answer the question as best as we can with thought out discusion, simply saying that it "doesn't belong because of blah" doesn't get a lot of discussion going.

USPSA is a Hobby Sport, we're suppose to have fun.

I said it earlier in the thread adding a rifle division the the pistol match will influence stage design. It will change match flow. I have shot stages at level 2 and 3 matches that would be impossible to shoot with a rifle. If you want to grow the shooting sports let it stand on its own two feet.

My local USPSA club runs a steel match 3 or 4 times a year that has both the regular pistol divisions and a PCC division. There is no issue in the two shooting the same stages at the same time. Not in scoring, not in safety, not in match admin, not in target location. Nothing. Changing out steel for paper targets will not change this. I shoot this match with both pistol and pcc and have for years. I am not talking hypotheticals but real experience.

AWLAZS I have a question how many people do you see that would shoot PCC as a division in your area? Would there be that many shooters that it would influence the stage design at your club match?

I have seen this at local matches. One match focus on technical skills and hard shot with no shoots and lower round count stages, this match has a strong feel for production and low cap division, the other seems to be wide open targets and fast movement and high round count stages, more in line for open and limited shooters.

The MD's for each match also shoot the division that suits those matches. And as such the Majority of shooters that attend those matches are heavily focused into those divisions more then other places I notice.

I honestly do not think influence from PCC will impact a match much unless one of two things happen, either the high amount of shooters start showing up for PCC division or if the creator of the match is heavily influence to create a match challenging those who shoot PCC.

Edited by DocMedic

My local USPSA club runs a steel match 3 or 4 times a year that has both the regular pistol divisions and a PCC division. There is no issue in the two shooting the same stages at the same time. Not in scoring, not in safety, not in match admin, not in target location. Nothing. Changing out steel for paper targets will not change this. I shoot this match with both pistol and pcc and have for years. I am not talking hypotheticals but real experience.

Thanks for chiming in with your experience. How does your club handle uprange starts, and weak-hand and strong-hand only shooting?